rllmuk
Vemsie

Cuphead. Classic cartoon inspired side-scroller

I don't like cartoons or platformers, and yet that is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a long time. It looks utterly amazing and exactly like a cartoon of yore - they've got the style captured superbly.

I read about this ages ago, and then forgot about it. Apparently it's a not a platformer per se, but a series of Megaman-style boss battles (with said jumping and shooting about the place).

Looks great - gameplay has a bit of Astro Boy GBA to it too

Website says:

Cuphead is a 2D Run 'n' Gun extravaganza set in the style of a fighting game universe. Inspired by cartoons of the 1930s along with Treasure, Konami and ...

Excitement ++

Beautiful 50's style!

A bit older than that.

Those animations are eerily authentic. At first I thought they might just have stolen them directly from old Max Fleischer cartoons.

News shots from Game Informer. Looks so good. Gameplay sounds fun as well, as mentioned above it's Treasure style run and gun in boss rush mode, it's not a platformer. You can even parry attacks.

cuphead-train.png

cuphead-arcade.png

cuphead-bird.png

• Upvote 8

Looks just...wow. It looks so much like a cartoon, I refuse to believe that first shot is a game until I see it in motion with somebody playing it (and I mean that in a good way).