rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne

1 hour ago, DC said:

I think Micolash is shit but your mileage may vary, as mentioned above. For the most part I love fighting the humanoid bosses and the duels with other hunter are some of the best in the game.

Ludwig is also one of the hardest fights in the game for me. The hardest you have yet to encounter though...

I actually couldn’t find the way down to Micolash on the second bit, so I just hit him through the door that closed between us! 

1 hour ago, GwiDan said:

Having played most of the game by now I’m still of the opinion that father Gascoigne was too hard for being the first boss

Gascoigne is the second boss. For me he's a lesson on controlling the environment. Lead him up the stairs and he's trivial - one of the easiest bosses in the game. Fight him in amongst gravestones and he's a horror show. 

I loved Bloodborne but I didn't really enjoy any of the boss fights, with the exception of Vicar Amelia and maybe Blood Starved Beast. And the Shadows, but that's because I did them first time.

I found the rest of them hard to read. I'm wondering how much that was me though.

9 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

I loved Bloodborne but I didn't really enjoy any of the boss fights, with the exception of Vicar Amelia and maybe Blood Starved Beast. And the Shadows, but that's because I did them first time.

I found the rest of them hard to read. I'm wondering how much that was me though.

I would have preferred the game without any boss fights at all and for it to be an exploration RPG, yes have challenging fights but not the predictable boss battles blocking the next area. It feels a bit dated now. Someone on here suggested once that boss enemies should patrol the entire area/level randomly, so you had the option whether to engage them or not. There would of course be a a massive reward for taking them down, but they wouldn’t block your progress.

More challenging level design like Sen’s and Blightown would be infinitely more interesting to me than another Fromsoft multi-stage boss fight.

Edited to add, Micolash is an absolute prick and nearly  ruined the entire game for me. He’s the reason I couldn’t face an NG+ run, it’s such an annoying fight.

• Upvote 1

Are there any similar games that aren’t so miserable in tone? I wouldn’t mind doing more of the same kind of game, but the aesthetic does start to wear me down after a while. 

1 minute ago, GwiDan said:

Are there any similar games that aren’t so miserable in tone? I wouldn’t mind doing more of the same kind of game, but the aesthetic does start to wear me down after a while. 

Nioh, Devil May Cry? 

I’m all done with Bloodborne anyway, 75 odd hours, level 90, all bosses including DLC. Not finished al the chalices however, so I might go back and do them at some point, but I’m pretty burned out on the game now. Decided to go for the “secret” ending. 

52 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

I’m all done with Bloodborne anyway, 75 odd hours, level 90, all bosses including DLC. Not finished al the chalices however, so I might go back and do them at some point, but I’m pretty burned out on the game now. Decided to go for the “secret” ending. 

How did you find The Orphan?

4 minutes ago, DC said:

How did you find The Orphan?

It was horrible and very very hard. I gave it a few goes alone then summoned someone random to help, who seemed able to do a similar amount of damage to me so it was still a challenge, but at least I wasn’t getting 2 hit killed. There are patterns to the boss attacks obviously, but they aren’t easy to learn! Still, I did most of the bosses in the game on my own, so as I don’t have the free time I used to - to get good - I’ll take it. 

1 hour ago, GwiDan said:

It was horrible and very very hard. I gave it a few goes alone then summoned someone random to help, who seemed able to do a similar amount of damage to me so it was still a challenge, but at least I wasn’t getting 2 hit killed. There are patterns to the boss attacks obviously, but they aren’t easy to learn! Still, I did most of the bosses in the game on my own, so as I don’t have the free time I used to - to get good - I’ll take it. 

His screams still haunt me.

• Upvote 1

For those who weren't following it on Twitch, @murray finished his BB stream playthrough in style last night - taking on OoK and LtfV in the DLC and then settling things with MWN, GtfH and MP. Some of those guys had halted my progress for days, so I was definitely impressed :) - congrats, man.

Obviously don't click this if you haven't finished the DLC and/or haven't seen the game's final boss and true ending path.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mansizerooster said:

I only have one trophy still to be unlocked. Can't wait to be able to say I've platinumed this game.

What one is it?

9 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Yharnam.

Getting through those chalice dungeons is a fucker of a grind.

Summon for all those that you can I reckon.

14 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

Yharnam.

Getting through those chalice dungeons is a fucker of a grind.

How far are you? The defiled chalice is the hardest for sure. 

2 hours ago, Minion said:

How far are you? The defiled chalice is the hardest for sure. 

Is that the one that halves your HP? That's the one I'm currently working on. Been smashed by the first level boss twice now, even with two people helping me out.

12 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Is that the one that halves your HP? That's the one I'm currently working on. Been smashed by the first level boss twice now, even with two people helping me out.

Yep that’s the one! I find using a long weapon (two handed ace or church pick) against the helldog helps but then I’ve also played it so much I know all his moves and tells. The third boss in that chalice is probably the hardest thing in the whole game. Good luck! 

3 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Are they comics?

Yeah. I have the 1st tpb(?). I’ve heard they are good but I’ve not actually read it yet.