rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

The frame timing sync stuff is why weapon durability was broken in Dark Souls 2 on PC. I remember going insane in the thread for about a week wondering why my weapons were breaking so fast. 

60fps (or higher) bloodborne is maybe the thing I want most in all of gaming. It has to happen for PS5. C’mon Sony!

What's the deal with this cheap ass spider cunt? 

• Upvote 1

I always go straight for Rom, backing off every few strikes to dodge his wiggle/magic and corral the minions away. It does need luck to not be divebombed, but killing everything is tedious.

35 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Hahaha. 

Proto-Sekiro. Clear the mobs first. 

30 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I always go straight for Rom, backing off every few strikes to dodge his wiggle/magic and corral the minions away. It does need luck to not be divebombed, but killing everything is tedious.

Well which is it? 

5 minutes ago, APM said:

Well which is it? 

I favour one dose of tedium to RNG. 

Rom can be one of those bosses where a tactic that works for some people doesn't work for others - I know this because my own "advice" changed between playthroughs as it didn't always work for me!

One tip worth knowing - the magic meteor attacks change depending on whether you're close to Rom or not. If you're far away you'll get the ones coming from the sky (it's hard to determine the trajectories of these and so you can run into them accidentally and eat a ton of damage, but I found that tilting the camera up more lets you see their path a little easier.) If you're close to Rom, it's more likely to summon meteors around itself from below - you'll have to get away from these but they're telegraphed for ages and less scary than the air attack. :) 

8 minutes ago, APM said:

Well which is it? 

I prefer the second method but it took me till my second playthrough till I got that technique down, alternatively summon someone if you get fed up because this boss is pretty shitty to fight, I had to get @DC to come and help me first time round.

Oh and to avoid getting hit from the flying meteors run diagonally, however Rom spams this if you stay a distance away, if you have bolt paper use it, she's weak to lightning.

Fuck you, spider fuck! Taste my fucking cleaver and never darken my door again! 

• Upvote 9

Massive cthulu monsters everywhere!? What the hell is going on!? 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, APM said:

Massive cthulu monsters everywhere!? What the hell is going on!? 

that’s the tutorial over - now comes the real game. 

Now then... The bell ringers are annoying. Yes. Killed three hunters and I know this place. Wandered down below and ended up in a fight with some electric beast. Killed that and ended up opening a door right back near the Blood Starved Beast. Interesting. Went back to where the big monsters and hunters were and made my way into an area where there some skull monsters. Odd, but easy enough. Kept going and a big monster dropped out of the sky. Not very mobile and easily despatched. Spent my echoes and examined a mummy and now in some kind of dark building... 

Hmmm... I think I've got to the first bit of the game where I'm actively not enjoying it. Nightmare Mensis and Nightmare Frontier... They feel cheap and pointless. What the hell is with the endless unavoidable, frenzy inducing red spikes from nowhere? I can handle hard enemies, bosses etc but cheap shit like this... Hmmm... 

4 minutes ago, APM said:

Hmmm... I think I've got to the first bit of the game where I'm actively not enjoying it. Nightmare Mensis and Nightmare Frontier... They feel cheap and pointless. What the hell is with the endless unavoidable, frenzy inducing red spikes from nowhere? I can handle hard enemies, bosses etc but cheap shit like this... Hmmm... 

They are a nuisance, but you eventually come across "sedative" consumables that cancel out an onset of Frenzy (and I think eventually you can buy them in the dream.) Also, when you're running through here it's often worth temporarily changing all of your gear for anything with high frenzy resistance on its stats, then maybe changing it all back when you've left. :) 

• Upvote 1

The frenzy doesn't bother me. It's the spikes from nowhere that feel cheap. 

11 minutes ago, APM said:

The frenzy doesn't bother me. It's the spikes from nowhere that feel cheap. 

They're not from nowhere.

• Upvote 5

After two years off I went back to this and started again over the weekend.  I've beaten CB, FG, BSB, VA and TWoH.  I've made my through the forbidden woods and past some snakes so now I can get, via a couple of lifts,  to three fuckers who kick the shit out of me for giggles.    Am I going the right way?

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Don Wiskerando said:

After two years off I went back to this and started again over the weekend.  I've beaten CB, FG, BSB, VA and TWoH.  I've made my through the forbidden woods and past some snakes so now I can get, via a couple of lifts,  to three fuckers who kick the shit out of me for giggles.    Am I going the right way?

Yep - you’ve covered the main bits up to that point. I think maybe you’ve missed one optional boss but it’s one I’d leave for later anyway.

The three fuckers are your next big hurdle, so keep an eye on their attack animations and either cycle your lock-on or use the camera freely so that you can check what they’re all up to. :) 

19 hours ago, APM said:

That's where I've got to and bounced. I need to persevere at some point but it really frustrated me

I'd recommend ignoring everything and making a beeline for the front door. You might not know where that is yet, but it's not that hard to find.

Honestly, I remember feeling the same the first time. The game really could've done with some more laid back Ash Lake style area to provide a little respite from the relentlessly oppressive gloom of the later environments. On my following playthroughs it's far more enjoyable, knowing exactly where I'm going.

Three fuckers are dead.  Almost got caught out by something grisly that looked like the head of a fly on a man's back but made it to the next lantern and Byrgenwerh is laid out before me. Onwards and upwards 

Spoiler

downwards. 

• Upvote 3

On 21/05/2020 at 16:38, spanx said:

That's where I've got to and bounced. I need to persevere at some point but it really frustrated me

I ploughed on and made it through these areas. If you go slow in the Frontier, it's not so bad. Didn't find the boss too hard either. 

After that, I took the Mensis slower and made my way through it. Killed the boss there as well and got some ridiculous head gear. Kept going up. Killed some stuff that used to fuck me up and took a breather when I got to the the top. 

Am I near the end? 

Yes. You can defeat one more boss there without triggering the end, so maybe after that it's DLC time if you have it and haven't already?

I bought the whole thing. Where is the dlc?