Bloodborne - GOTD edition

So another epic session of Bloodborne, I've now cleared up to Rom (who took more than a few tries let me tell you) the next area however is just brutal, I've had to farm for blood vials/echos to restock a bit between every run of it and I'm still not seeing a lantern yet.

Best thing is after beating Rom I've found helping other players out to be quite satisfying - especially as my new bolt weapon strips his health away really quickly.

1 minute ago, Mortis said:

So another epic session of Bloodborne, I've now cleared up to Rom (who took more than a few tries let me tell you) the next area however is just brutal, I've had to farm for blood vials/echos to restock a bit between every run of it and I'm still not seeing a lantern yet.

Best thing is after beating Rom I've found helping other players out to be quite satisfying - especially as my new bolt weapon strips his health away really quickly.

The level straight after Rom is one of the hardest in the main game especially on a first play through. It pays to fully clear the level though. 

7 minutes ago, Minion said:

The level straight after Rom is one of the hardest in the main game especially on a first play through. It pays to fully clear the level though. 

I'm slowly making headway here, having ballsed up something chronic by beating the boss. A fair few suicide runs have got me some loot but still no joy against the hunters.

Also been told there's a second boss. Got a pretty good idea where that'll be but haven't dropped to it yet.

Dungeons agogo. Struggling with Lower Merciless Watchers atm.

2 hours ago, HoiOimMarkBrown said:

I'm slowly making headway here, having ballsed up something chronic by beating the boss. A fair few suicide runs have got me some loot but still no joy against the hunters.

Also been told there's a second boss. Got a pretty good idea where that'll be but haven't dropped to it yet.

Dungeons agogo. Struggling with Lower Merciless Watchers atm.

I could help with the watchers if required. As for those 3 hunters they are a total bitch. If you entered the area previously you may have opened the door next to where the lamp they destroyed was? If not I suggest a suicide run past them to the outside of the door and open it. Then you may be able to engage 1 on 1, they don’t respawn so if you manage to kill 1 that’s 1 less to engage next time. 

3 minutes ago, Minion said:

I could help with the watchers if required. As for those 3 hunters they are a total bitch. If you entered the area previously you may have opened the door next to where the lamp they destroyed was? If not I suggest a suicide run past them to the outside of the door and open it. Then you may be able to engage 1 on 1, they don’t respawn so if you manage to kill 1 that’s 1 less to engage next time. 

I think I might have a chance to backstab one of the three hunters - he's at the bottom of one of the staircases below the destroyed lamp and if I approach from the far staircase he seems dead to the world. Shall have a pop later.

Exploration wise I worked backwards from the boss entrance and think I've one major bit of map left - a left turn someway up the hill. Clearly plenty of nooks and crannies.

Definitely will give you a shout on the dungeon front. Most likely evenings though not tonight. You can marvel at my +8 Saw Cleaver ha.

1 hour ago, HoiOimMarkBrown said:

You can marvel at my +8 Saw Cleaver ha.

Did you notice the scurrying beast outside from the lamp? Might help you get to +9.

I found the easiest way to deal with the three hunters was to aggro them, then run all the way back to the lamp room.

They will follow, but usually only 1 will enter the lamp room and quite often won't enter at all. That way you can easily pick them off one at a time.

2 hours ago, HoiOimMarkBrown said:

Yeah I booped the scurrying beast but opted to get my secondary Tonitrus up to +7 with the spoils.

I'm wondering if I could exploit the lift with those hunters in some way. Worked with the covenant fella I accidentally aggroed in Forgotten Woods....

Lol I did the same with that dude in the woods on my first playthrough, after the harrowing fight to get there I just assumed he was hostile and attacked.

6 hours ago, Minion said:

Going in like Flynn for a bit if you're about chief.

6 minutes ago, HoiOimMarkBrown said:

Yes let's nail those shitehawks

Are you ringing? One thing to try is go into your inventory, select silencing bell but don't use it, it sometimes makes the connection work for some reason?

Just now, HoiOimMarkBrown said:

Yeah I'm ringing on rllmuk. Just tried that for you.

Hmm weird, the bell symbol isn't crossed out on your screen? I'm using the short ritual root chalice and it can sometimes take a while but this is too long!

Just now, HoiOimMarkBrown said:

Nope. Nothing crossed out. All good and ringing. I could go back to HD and in again?

Hmm lets give it a few more mins, which chalice are you on, it could be quicker for me later to just go through it as then I can ring from within the chalice?

Managed chalice Rom finally, funnily enough I ran out of insight and did him without any help, got to the third phase and noticed his health was pretty low, a couple of Arcane spells and he was spider toast!

This allowed me to grab a lost Saw spear from a chalice dungeon code, need to level it up now. 

Finished the main story path on this last night. At times it felt like the last boss was beyond me but I got him eventually with my trusty axe and lots of rolling around on the ground. I was losing interest a bit towards the end and thought I'd put it down straight away but the opening sequence just pulled me back in and it feels even more enjoyable the second time around. I'm reading up on the stuff I missed the first time around and it amazes me how much there is. I completely missed how to access the Old Hunter's bit too so that will be all new.

There's been some drama in the afternoon session lads.

After mucking in with some dungeon co-op I thought I'd look into a few odds and sods I hadn't got around to. First section of Unseen Village got ran through in blind terror because giant lasers but they're not one-shotting me now so....

Before you know it I've found a key for Upper Cathedral Ward and using skills (go to Cathedral Ward, head upwards) I'm in some chunk of game I've totally missed thus far.

Felt slightly overpowered outside but some beasts in there gave me something to think about. Woe of woes though some jellyheaded Bib Fortuna knock off grabbed me, killed me to death AND sucked the Insight clean out of my head! I died on the next run so no idea if this is recoverable with Blood Echoes but man that's a blow.

Aim for the evening session is to ring the bell and clear this gaff out. +10 delight if some direct shortcut to Cathedral Ward is revealed.

(Also bagged me a Ritual Blood number 5 take that Lou Bega).

1 hour ago, HoiOimMarkBrown said:

Felt slightly overpowered outside but some beasts in there gave me something to think about. Woe of woes though some jellyheaded Bib Fortuna knock off grabbed me, killed me to death AND sucked the Insight clean out of my head! I died on the next run so no idea if this is recoverable with Blood Echoes but man that's a blow.

If that's who I think it is it took me 4 or 5 deaths to him before I realised he was sucking out my insight. Absolute bastard, and took me by surprise because I thought I had taken mobs like him with little problem before, he's an elite version or something. I've avoided him ever since.

My second time through continued last night with getting Gascoigne down on the second try and getting over my fear of the werewolf type things by switching to saw cleaver to cut them down with relative ease.

Upper Cathedral Ward is great but scary and full of bastard brain suckers. Unfortunately any insight they steal is gone. There's 2 things to avoid, 1 is there magic attack which immobilises you and the other is the grab they do which they seemingly can't be staggered out of. I just try and surprise the fuckers and go hell for leather until they're dead. The church pick ruins them good but that's in the DLC.