Moz

Dishonored 2

FUCK YES.

Put over 50 hours into the first game and a next-gen one with that art is pretty much my dream come true. :omg:

Whilst I don't doubt that Dishonored will get a sequel, that image is probably fake.

First off it only shows the easiest part to fabricate and it has the classic faux-clandestine tilt. What is shown is missing the typical platform information and legal small print you'd see at the end of a trailer, plus the font of the E3 message is a bit small for YouTube legibility.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in a sequel. Hopefully it'll pick up Thief's slack in the stealth stakes.

FUCK YES.

Put over 50 hours into the first game and a next-gen one with that art is pretty much my dream come true. :omg:

Currently playing it at 1440p. It's fucking glorious!

• Upvote 2

Whilst I don't doubt that Dishonored will get a sequel, that image is probably fake.

First off it only shows the easiest part to fabricate and it has the classic faux-clandestine tilt. What is shown is missing the typical platform information and legal small print you'd see at the end of a trailer, plus the font of the E3 message is a bit small for YouTube legibility.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in a sequel. Hopefully it'll pick up Thief's slack in the stealth stakes.

but it has a hashtag, and they're always legit!

I wouldn't imagine there'd be any platform information until it's been officially announced, and the E3 message is perfectly legible, so it's not a total write off.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/06/dishonored-2-darkness-of-tyvia-e3-2014-fact-sheet-surfaces-report/

dAuHLiH22-390x600.jpg

Dishonored 2 looks to indeed be a thing if a shot of a press fact sheet for E3 sent over to VG247 is legitimate.

We are in the process of confirming its legitimacy with Bethesda at the moment, so hold your horses in the meantime.

The image follows an off-screen photo of a slide from a presentation posted earlier this week.

According to the fact sheet, the Arkane Studios game is being developed using id Tech 5 and will be released in 2016.

Players will step into the shoes of a new main character who must “annihilate the outsider” in the new location of Tyvia.

The character will also have new and updated powers, according to the slide.

It also mentioned DOOM beta access, which was previously announced as pre-order incentive for Wolfenstein: The New Order; however, there is a spelling error in there, so it was either cut-off or it is indeed a fake sheet.

However, our source claims the spelling mistake was due to it being an early draft of the document.

“In case you are wondering, the misspelling Access is due to being an early draft of the E3 Press-Fact sheet, which will head out at the end of March officially to the press. A corrected version is available.”

The newer version is posted up top, while the original version sent to us is below

However, the website listed does take you to the Dishonored webpage asking for a log-in – at least it did at one time. Now, it only displays the message “Whoops, looks like something went wrong” when you try to go to the site.

Still, like we said, hold your horses. We’ve got a call into Bethesda right now.

Dishonored 2 will be released on PC, PlayStation and Xbox according to the logos.

Fuck yes! Means it'll be drop-dead gorgeous. The fact that we're even getting a second Dishonored game is a sign from the gods alone.

Do wonder how Id Tech 5 is going to look in 2016 though, compared to other titles.

Also does anyone know if the Viktor Antonov is still on board?

(oh and they should change that godawful Windows logo to a Steam one though)

Fuck yes! Means it'll be drop-dead gorgeous. The fact that we're even getting a second Dishonored game is a sign from the gods alone.

Do wonder how Id Tech 5 is going to look in 2016 though, compared to other titles.

Also does anyone know if the Viktor Antonov is still on board?

(oh and they should change that godawful Windows logo to a Steam one though)

IT will still look fucking great. T5 was way ahead of its time. If it had been afforded the time and development that UE3 had been given, especialyl regarding texture handling close to the camera, and static prop handling / physics integration it'd be stunning. Hopefully the art style of Dishonoured will lend itself well to the mega textures and close inspection. Rather than the mish mash of adding noise to textures that we were given with Rage.

They might at least deliver a version of the MegaTexture idea closer to the ideal envisioned by John Carmack, like what he sort of promised for the PC version of RAGE. Shame we'll never get id Tech 6 now, but that idea would need another round of significantly more powerful consoles to make feasible anyway.

So if Arkane are making this, it must mean Prey 2 is MIA.

If this is a thing, and it's next gen only (wait, I should probably just call that 'new gen' now...), it'll be the game that makes me pony up for a new console.

Such high theoretical excitement levels right now.

Dishonored 2 will not be shown off at E3 next month, according to a report on German site PCGames.

PCGames.de, the same website that revealed yesterday that Fallout 4 was going to have a demo at E3, reports today that a sequel to Dishonored will not be shown at the conference.

The The report cites an anonymous source in saying developer Arkane Studios needs more time to, and that they’re not ready to show it just yet.

Bethesda will only bring a short teaser for the game to the show, according to the report.

Source

Is id Tech 5 the Rage engine?

Yep - wiki says it was also used in The Evil Within and the recent Wolfensteins. I played through Rage on 360 and even though it was kind of shooter-by-numbers there were moments that looked really good when Tech 5 wasn't still trying to stream in textures two feet in front of you. :P I'm guessing current-gen consoles (and of course PCs) handle that stuff more capably. :)

After having played Wolfenstein The Old Blood I have no problems with Tech 5. It's a bit of a weird engine but when it works, it works.

Some lovely visuals in part 2 of that game.

According to Eurogamer, the original Dishonored is getting a current-gen port, which is splendid news. I’d love to see that art style done up in 60/1080, and hopefully it’ll encourage a few more people to play it.

• Upvote 1