rubberducker

PlayStation VR

1 minute ago, Stigweard said:

Anyone played Arizona Sunshine? Seems to have decedent reviews and is quite cheaper for the PSVR

I loved playing this in co-op on VR, great fun and highly reccommended at that price!

19 hours ago, dave7g said:

BBC are showing World Cup games live in VR on all formats.

It's not all formats, it's just Playstation and mobile. PC owners aren't welcome at the party.

18 minutes ago, klargon said:

Isn’t it just a standard flat 2D broadcast in some sort of 3D environment though?

Christ I hope not. I think they have 3 VR cameras for each game, so two behind either goal and one overlooking the pitch from the side. I hope I'm right.

My cousin's old school mate's gardener's uncle has VR installed directly into his eyes and he said that each player has a VR camera on top of his head, thus allowing to view from the players point of view.

It'll be a flat screen in a Virtual Studio - I'm not even sure it's possible to live stream VR as the video content would require post-processing work ala Joshua Bell VR:

It won't be VR as we know it here, it will be 360 degree 3d video at best.  Personally I don't get it - TV is much better than reality when it comes to seeing the action, as you have a director working to capture all the action.  Being in a live game has a great atmosphere, but VR would be like sitting in one spot, not being able to see the stuff that's further away, watching in low res without the atmosphere.  

On 01/06/2018 at 18:31, MW_Jimmy said:

It'll be a flat screen in a Virtual Studio - I'm not even sure it's possible to live stream VR as the video content would require post-processing work ala Joshua Bell VR:

Definitely possible to film VR in real-time. The reprojection trick they used in that Joshua Bell video would be wasted on a game of football as the action is so far from you as a spectator you'd never notice any parallax.

Very interested in discounted Farpoint, but the Aim Controller is impossible to get a hold of in Ireland. Shops only sell it as part of the Farpoint bundle.

56 minutes ago, df0 said:

Very interested in discounted Farpoint, but the Aim Controller is impossible to get a hold of in Ireland. Shops only sell it as part of the Farpoint bundle.

what about the bravoteam bundle? it's not a great game, but it's another game...

I have two questions for your VR veterans.

- both GT and Driveclub VR are now less than 20 euro. Which one is worth my money?

- is Batman worth 10 euro?

GT vr is a novelty and like a tiny part of the full game, driveclub vr is a 'lite' version of driveclub… in VR.

you get more game with gt sport, but only a sliver of it is VR

batman is worth at least £15... with move controllers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, df0 said:

- both GT and Driveclub VR are now less than 20 euro. Which one is worth my money?

Batman, Yes. Short but oh so sweet. 

I think Driveclub is supposed to be better as it has much more content. I had GT but sold it (got it free with my Pro) 

But if you want speed thrills Wipeout is the way to go

1 hour ago, df0 said:

GT and Batman!! GT was previously a no, but now you can do time trials on all the tracks in VR - absolutely worth it. 

So long as you have moves, Batman is always worth it. :)

Batman is fantastic. For an hour and a half you are the Batman. Longer if you stop for a pee! 

For a tenner or so it's well worth it.

• Upvote 1

Just to echo what's been said already,

Batman: if you have moves, it's essential

GT: great game, light on VR content

Driveclub: proper VR content. You should get the goin VR version too. 

Got Arizona sunshine. It’s not very good, mostly because the move controllers aren’t very good.

Is there a firmware update for move controllers? A way to make them less shit?

Also, your ammo can run out in Arizona Sunshine but there are certain segments where you can’t move forward without killing everything first so you just have to stand there and let them kill you.

And you have to quit out to the main menu to alter any settings. And you can’t pick up things off the floor.

1 hour ago, df0 said:

Grand, thanks each and all. Batman shall be purchased, I’m undecided about the other.

Buy Battlezone. Rejoice in your excellent choice

• Upvote 1

Battle zone is indeed, brilliant. Rock hard too.

It was my birthday yesterday and my wife and daughters bought my a VR and the Farpoint gun pack! 

1 hour ago, noob said:

Buy Battlezone. Rejoice in your excellent choice

Hmm, I just might. The demo was thoroughly enjoyable.