rubberducker

PlayStation VR

Took the plung and got Windland. Slightly concerned by the bespoke vomit warning as the game loaded - it even suggests not playing if you haven't gotten your VR legs yet.....

Had 10 mins of play and I'm off for a 30 min recovery nap.... its almost designed to balls you up.

• Upvote 1

So now we know why there's an age rating on the psvr.

@nakamura just bought his daughter around and she had a go on job simulator

she was so engrossed in washing her hands that she lent forward to get more soap and fell straight into my tv.

you'll be pleased to know that both my tv and headset are fine, even though they took quite a whack.

the first casualty Of VR war is innocence.

• Upvote 9

57 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

Took the plung and got Windland. Slightly concerned by the bespoke vomit warning as the game loaded - it even suggests not playing if you haven't gotten your VR legs yet.....

Had 10 mins of play and I'm off for a 30 min recovery nap.... its almost designed to balls you up.

Convinced me I wont be buying that yet. 

45 minutes ago, nakamura said:

My daughter is also ok. She wants another go! 

Lol I was about to ask was your daughter ok. First thing my 65yr old father in law tried to do was lean on the railing of the dive cage. I was there ready though

17 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Convinced me I wont be buying that yet. 

Yep, it's way way way too much for me to handle any time soon. Just had a chat with PSN support - they've just refunded me, no questions asked.

Stick with Tethered.

My father had a go on my PSVR at the weekend and kept complaining that everything was really blurry. Turns out he needed his reading glasses on rather than his usual glasses. Strange, but makes sense really

• Upvote 1

Dunno. The focal distance is about 8ft, so normal daily specs or driving specs should be better than reading specs. E.g for anything less than 2 feet I can see/read fine without specs IRL. But inside PSVR I can see shit. Put my varifocals on for middle distance and all is well in VR land.

so did the IPD and spent 10 more minutes (I know, I know - should have waited 24 hours) and di nothing intensive like driveclub. Came off - head now thumping and I feel ill again. Not for me. Such a shame as it really is an outstanding experience. Good news, though, is that means the 2 move controllers I have bought will soon be in trading for anyone needing them!

14 minutes ago, bluejmc2005 said:

so did the IPD and spent 10 more minutes (I know, I know - should have waited 24 hours) and di nothing intensive like driveclub. Came off - head now thumping and I feel ill again. Not for me. Such a shame as it really is an outstanding experience. Good news, though, is that means the 2 move controllers I have bought will soon be in trading for anyone needing them!

I'll get backlash for this but Driveclub is proper shit mate :)

sorry guys,ima Dirt guy.

22 minutes ago, bluejmc2005 said:

You are rushing things. Go away for at least a day (preferably two), and then try it again. Don't play for long periods of time. 20 minutes maximum, and then take another break.

Also, what did you choose to play? Play something with no motion (such as TumbleVR), and see how you get on.

Patience is a virtue.

24 minutes ago, bluejmc2005 said:

First call on these please Blue! Need those Move Controllers!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

You are rushing things. Go away for at least a day (preferably two), and then try it again. Don't play for long periods of time. 20 minutes maximum, and then take another break.

Also, what did you choose to play? Play something with no motion (such as TumbleVR), and see how you get on.

Patience is a virtue.

Very possibly but my reaction has been quite severe, I played tumble VR the second time. Such is life! 

Well I played Rez for 3 hours straight last night with no ill effects.

Fuck me it's an experience and a half. I know people seem to love Area X but personally the highlight for me was the boss in Area 4, which has always been my favourite level. In VR it's like a little slice of heaven.

• Upvote 4

I've been persevering with Rigs as it was the only game able to make me seriously queasy after just a couple of minutes. Something's definitely clicking now as I have the "full VR experience" switched on and can comfortably play a few matches without too many issues. It's a cracking game that you should try if possible. Unfortunately the demo isn't great so best try to rent  or borrow if you're unsure.

Im still a little perplexed as to how you can just get used to VR. The first couple of days I really thought I'd made a mistake as it made me feel quite bad. Now I'm pretty much ok so long as I take a break every 45-60 minutes.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else found themselves playing much less 'normal' games? They just don't hold me like I used to. A much shorter time spend in VR, is like a few hours of game time. 

I'm sure it will normalise with time, but this has really changed what I use games for, if that makes sense.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Anyone else found themselves playing much less 'normal' games? They just don't hold me like I used to. A much shorter time spend in VR, is like a few hours of game time. 

I'm sure it will normalise with time, but this has really changed what I use games for, if that makes sense.

I did the same with Rift. It ruined everything else for a while! 

But now, after a long vr break, I'm kinda in a happy balance between the two.

I still feel that if it wasn't for Elite Dangerous id have sold the thing though. 

13 minutes ago, dood said:

I still feel that if it wasn't for Elite Dangerous id have sold the thing though. 

Got my everything crossed for a E:D PS4/VR/Pro announcement. 

10 hours ago, jonamok said:

@bluejmc2005 Driveclub could be the culprit, although it might just be too much VR intensity in one go.

Golden rule: Don't go back in for at least 24 hours, and ease yourself back in. Avoid fast-movement games for a while.

You'll be fine.

Yep, Driveclub is not a good starter. I'd suggest Batman, Tumble and Rez as good starting points plus the London Heist shooting gallery.

1 hour ago, BubbleFish said:

I've been persevering with Rigs as it was the only game able to make me seriously queasy after just a couple of minutes. Something's definitely clicking now as I have the "full VR experience" switched on and can comfortably play a few matches without too many issues. It's a cracking game that you should try if possible. Unfortunately the demo isn't great so best try to rent  or borrow if you're unsure.

Im still a little perplexed as to how you can just get used to VR. The first couple of days I really thought I'd made a mistake as it made me feel quite bad. Now I'm pretty much ok so long as I take a break every 45-60 minutes.

Move plaued the demo a few times now and I'm getting more and more violent with it. I did a sprint start and jumped down straight away last time I played and had a massive "woah" moment. That might have been a bit too much but I'm definitely getting there.

one thing I find really hard in VR is when your in Rigs or Battlezone and focus your vision on an enemy while turning the thing your in and lining up a shot. 

Its got nothing to do motion sickness but it makes my eyes tie in knots. I don't know if the display is doing something funny or there's motion blur or something but it's a real horrible thing.

34 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Im exactly the same. I've a couple of regular games I haven't even started up even though I was looking forward to them. I'm sure it'll balance eventually- particularly with some of the games coming out in the remainder of the year. 

The new toy sheen is definitely lasting longer than I expected; probably due to the amount of great release games.

7 hours ago, gooner4life said:

The glasses shouldn't matter, but the IPD measurement will, unless you're a freak like @SeanR and by freak, I mean lucky that the default is about right for you 

Yep, the default setting for me was totally unusable (it was making me crossed eyed), which is why it's a shame there is no manual slider or quick way of setup as it;s a bit of faff sorting out IPD by creating a new profile etc.

5 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I'll get backlash for this but Driveclub demo is proper shit mate :)

sorry guys,ima Dirt guy.

Fixed...

The demo made me feel ill and I work with VR every day. The full version of DC is awesome although I'm not sure if having a wheel helps.