rubberducker

PlayStation VR

15 minutes ago, simms said:

Order in your sick bags.

Trackmania Turbo coming on Oculus, Htcvive and PlayStation VR on Tuesday 8 November.

I've never played Trackmania but have heard a lot of good things about it. Will keep my eye on this patch and wait for some VR impressions.

My wife tried VR for the first time later in the evening; was like a stuck record 'oh wow!, 'oh wow!, until we got to Rush of Blood and that changed to manically flinching and saying take it off. :)

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

I don't even have a PS VR yet and I already have a shopping list as long as my arm.

Fuck.

Do not, I repeat: DO NOT go in the trading folder.

So - have mine now setup! couple of questions:-

1 - The image on the TV isn't full screen and is a little fuzzy, is that normal?

2 - any tips of glasses clouding up?

3 - did anyone manage to make it through the kitchen in one sitting lol?

thanks,

jason

30 minutes ago, bluejmc2005 said:

So - have mine now setup! couple of questions:-

1 - The image on the TV isn't full screen and is a little fuzzy, is that normal?

2 - any tips of glasses clouding up?

3 - did anyone manage to make it through the kitchen in one sitting lol?

thanks,

jason

Go to settings on the PS4 and set the output res back to 1080p it sets it to the 720p by default or something.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Go to settings on the PS4 and set the output res back to 1080p it sets it to the 720p by default or something.

thanks - played for 20 minutes and i feel as sick as a dog! loved the experience though, not loving the way i feel at the moment!

10 minutes ago, Stejay said:

What were you playing? Do you have an aversion to a type of movement in VR or (hopefully not) VR in general?

first experience of VR. I played VR worlds demo (driveclub, wayward, london heist) tumble and the kitchen. I want to throw up. I really hope this doesn't mean I am not able to use it, as the experience truly blew me away!

I had a slight headache the first time I used it, but not had any problems.  I've seen people mention getting their "VR legs" so hopefully it will be something you adjust to over time.

• Upvote 1

@bluejmc2005 Driveclub could be the culprit, although it might just be too much VR intensity in one go.

Golden rule: Don't go back in for at least 24 hours, and ease yourself back in. Avoid fast-movement games for a while.

You'll be fine.

• Upvote 2

Not seen any love (or hate or anything come to think of it) for Stardust VR.  The new game is a bit nausea inducing but seems better than the BattleZone demo, but the main game is fantastic in VR. It's the same as it was but in full 3D with just enough scale to make you want to look around without feeling uncomfortable. Loving it.

40 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Not seen any love (or hate or anything come to think of it) for Stardust VR.  The new game is a bit nausea inducing but seems better than the BattleZone demo, but the main game is fantastic in VR. It's the same as it was but in full 3D with just enough scale to make you want to look around without feeling uncomfortable. Loving it.

Yep, the old Stardust game is fantastic in VR (I used to play it in 3d anyway - but this is much better). The new tank game made me feel bloody awful - that was launch day, and I've not gotten back to it, so my new VR legs might have improved matters. I remember driving over bumps in the ground - it was those bloody bumps that made me feel dreadful... Looked pretty though.

Might take the plunge with Windlands later on.... fingers crossed..

1 hour ago, bluejmc2005 said:

first experience of VR. I played VR worlds demo (driveclub, wayward, london heist) tumble and the kitchen. I want to throw up. I really hope this doesn't mean I am not able to use it, as the experience truly blew me away!

Have you configured your IPD measurement? Settings > Devices > PsVr

take a picture without the headset on and set the cursor to the centre of your eyes.

without that an extended play will potentially make you feel squiffy as the depth and everything will be well off.

10 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

take a picture without the headset on and set the cursor to the centre of your eyes.

without that an extended play will potentially make you feel squiffy as the depth and everything will be well off.

that's the 70cm calibration thing, right? I've never done it.

9 minutes ago, Coolcongo said:

my headset just arrived at home. Is there a update I have to do before I can use the headset

there might be a media player update for PSVR support.

28 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

No i have not done that - thanks for the tip. Head still hurts now but sickness wearing off! Im wondering fi the fact i have a high subscription for my glasses may be part of the issue. I dunno - I want it to work for me because I was truly blwon away but it. the Kitchen is unreal!

10 minutes ago, bluejmc2005 said:

No i have not done that - thanks for the tip. Head still hurts now but sickness wearing off! Im wondering fi the fact i have a high subscription for my glasses may be part of the issue. I dunno - I want it to work for me because I was truly blwon away but it. the Kitchen is unreal!

Also, just to check, you're wearing your glasses inside the headset, yes?

10 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Also, just to check, you're wearing your glasses inside the headset, yes?

Yeah i wouldn't be able to see anything without then! short sighted in one eye and long sighted in the other...