rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Thread Owner

Grease

I'm watching this (again) with my daughter. She adores it. And I do too. We are both watching it and seeing completely different things, in the same way I watched it when I was her age. Her favourite character is Sandy (as was mine when I was little), but mine is now Rizzo. We have the subtitles on so we can sing along to the songs, and we are up and dancing...

So, Grease, love it? Hate it? Secretly love it? Wish you were Danny Zuko?

Despise it. Was forced to sit through it when I was 8 at my aunty's house. I have never and will never watch it again. If I could erase something from history I wouldn't pick Grease first as that'd be insane but if I could erase multiple things Grease would be gone.

• Upvote 1

It's an undeniable classic that I appreciate more with each passing year. It always used to be my sister's favourite when we were kids though (I was too busy with Star Wars, obviously). I heard Hopelessly Devoted to You on Radio 2 last week and I think I blubbed a bit.

We have the subtitles on so we can sing along to the songs,

With or without pussy wagon and condom splitting?

Anyway, yeah. It's one of my favourite musicals. It's a great cast too, and there's definitely more story there when you're an adult. Totally missed Rizzo's "scare", which was possibly a miscarriage, as a kid.

Best musical is Annie, in case you're wondering.

was dragged along to see this as little boy, fuelled by Mr Men lolly ices and old school fruit gums I was a sugar and tartrazine tazmanian devil, kiddie cocaine at its finest. Fidgiting and rattling on like a loon.

When Sandy appeared in her Disco pants I went very quiet

14 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I listened to the original’s soundtrack in the car the other day. Filthy. “You are supreme/ The chicks’ll cream” etc.

You know that ain't no shit, we'll be getting lots of tit in grease lightning.