Amazon Prime Video

Harsin

Any Amazon Original(tm) shows worth a view? So far have tried Sneaky Pete (embarrassingly shit after the first few episodes), Good Omens (OK, but oddly quite dated feeling) and Star Trek Lower Decks (couldn’t even to finish episode 1).

edit: no suggestions for Top Gear or anything with those people in, please.

Edited by Protocol Penguin

1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Any Amazon Original(tm) shows worth a view? So far have tried Sneaky Pete (embarrassingly shit after the first few episodes), Good Omens (OK, but oddly quite dated feeling) and Star Trek Lower Decks (couldn’t even to finish episode 1).

Obvious answer: The Boys

Less obvious: Clarkson's Farm

10 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Obvious answer: The Boys

Less obvious: Clarkson's Farm

Add in a bit of "Truth Seekers" whilst you're at it, and James May's Our man in Japan / Oh, Cook!

The Man in the High Castle is great....for a while. That ending infuriate me. The show nose dived after starting great. 

I have heard Bosch is really good, thats next on my list. 

Invincible is the best animated comic book thing i have seen in years. (its not for kids)

The Boys is the best show i have watched in years. (its really not for kids)

3 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

I started watching Patriot which was pretty interesting. Not sure why I stopped actually. 

The Looming Tower is excellent if only a few episodes long. Not sure it’s a Prime original but I’ve only seen it on Prime. 

The Expanse but I imagine you knew that one. 

Tales From the Loop is worth a look. 

Upload is actually pretty good. Lightweight fluff although has its moments. 

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel though it does get weaker in the third series when it is less about her doing standup

Vikings, thought the final season (6) is mostly just shit

Edit, agree with the above, The Looming Tower is really good too

4 hours ago, El Geet said:

I started watching Patriot which was pretty interesting. Not sure why I stopped actually. 

The first season was great but I found the second really hard to follow as I recall. Plus it has Kurtwood Smith's performance since Robocop. 

8 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Have you seen Vikings?

16 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel though it does get weaker in the third series when it is less about her doing standup

Vikings, thought the final season (6) is mostly just shit

Edit, agree with the above, The Looming Tower is really good too

Anothet shout for Mrs Maisel. Every line of dialogue sparkles. It’s also the best-looking show since Mad Men. Incredible set and costume design. 

I remember reading someone saying it’s basically a superhero show. Someone realises they have a superpower, and has to manage a secret identity. She has a (sort of) trusty sidekick. I like that. 

Amazon Originals I've seen, in a rough order of how much I rate them. The top 2 are by far my favourite and I'm looking forward to re-watching on my 55CX. There's not much between the rest as i enjoyed them all.

The Boys (motherfucking cunting great)

Tales From The Loop (not for those that want pace to their storytelling but one of my series of 2020, it also looks great and the soundtrack is fab)

American Gods (S1) 

Undone

Bosch

Goliath

American Gods (S2)

Homecoming

Good Omens

Invincible

New Amsterdam

I gave up on - Sneaky pete

Aiming to also watch The Underground Railroad

I think all / most of the Original stuff is available in 4k

14 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

Too Old To Die Young.

Yes - this is not only the best thing on Prime, it’s probably the best thing your telly will ever have on it.

1 hour ago, Benny said:

If you enjoy lovely looking pretentious twaddle that is.

Fuck’s sake Benny! You need to look up two words:

’pretentious’

’twaddle’

Well the dictionary definition of both is pretty spot on for the series I'd say. Plus there was a picture of NWR right next to both search results.

Hannah

It's an adaptation of the film of the same name and is a solid thriller with a great cast and well directed action. If you liked the original film, or stuff like the Bourne movies, it's well worth watching.

On 28/07/2021 at 12:21, Protocol Penguin said:

Wayne

The Boys

Preacher season 1 and 2

• gospvg changed the title to Amazon Prime Video