Amazon Prime Video

We watched it on Friday and all enjoyed it despite none of us knowing anything about Pokémon. Ryan Reynolds carries the film though and the funniest bits are in the trailer. 

Kids loved it (9 and 6) and I found it  enjoyable enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saint Maud is up now, for those who waited for Prime. It was great, unlike anything I’ve seen before.

Sinister 2 was ass, after I loved the first film. That was 99p to watch.

Saint Maud is fantastic and well worth watching. It really stuck with me for days after.

Another good horror film is Relic. Not on Prime, but the HD version can currently be bought for £1.99.

Watched the trailer for Saint Maud on Amazon and it looked like art-house toss. It is a trailer misrepresenting the program? Seemed to just be a clip rather than a proper trailer...

As a fan of horror I sat down to watch Saint Maud on Prime the other night. Lasted about 30 mins and switched it off through sheer boredom. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for it or something but it really just rubbed me up the wrong way. 

Clarkson's Farm show is starting on the 11th, I'm quite keen to see the bumbling car fool try to grow things, will be on my list of things to watch while working tomorrow :)

18 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Clarkson's Farm show is starting on the 11th, I'm quite keen to see the bumbling car fool try to grow things, will be on my list of things to watch while working tomorrow :)

All 8 episodes up now.  First one seems ok.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always surprised at how much Carpenter managed to fit into a 90-minute run time. Every character feels fully formed - none of them are minor which makes the action scenes and deaths really impactful.

The build up is also incredibly tense and unnerving. And the film ends exactly when it needs to - no prolonged conclusion, and the loose ends are left untied, which makes everything feel more authentic.

19 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

Just watched it (even though I own the DVD). That scene with the kid is still on of the most stark and brutal things committed to celluloid by Carpenter.

While I love Assault, any tension in that scene, (for me), is dragged down by Kim Richards' attempt at 'acting', that would get you kicked out of a school play.

It's so, so nearly perfect.