rllmuk
Halo

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

avKbosb.jpg

American ensemble police sitcom starring Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher, created by Mike Schur (co-creator of Parks and Recreation) and Dan Goor (former Parks writer). On Sunday, it won the Golden Globe for Best Television Comedy or Musical.

Personally, it's my favourite new sitcom since Community, and I try and give most new comedies a shot. It's great out the gate, which is rare for a comedy. That said, it's pretty much Parks and Recreation set in a police station, only with cut-aways replacing the confessionals. I mean that in the best way possible, because Parks was fantastic at its peak.

Preview from its premiere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdvSblsqaTc

In the US, 13 episodes have aired so far, with a full first season ordered. It's not a ratings hit, but a second season looks extremely likely, especially after the Globes win.

In the UK, E4 is airing it on Thursday at 9pm starting 16 January, and the pilot is already up on 4oD.

Yeah, quite liked the look of the trailers for this. Saying it's the best new comedy since Community puts it right up there in my books. Will definitely be putting some time aside to catch this.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea tbh.

The main character veers too much towards "goofy-jackass" rather than "goofy-endearing".

It's only ~10 episodes gone in the US, but they've already massively toned down the focus on him - and let the ensemble (most of whom are more interesting and funnier) contribute more.

They have softened Jake's character since the early episodes, and it was always intended to be an ensemble.

Watched the first episode and really liked it. I wouldn't say it was as laugh out loud funny as, say, the episode of Big Bang Theory that preceded it,but very good none the less.

• Upvote 1

I quite liked this too, despite the ads on E4 making it look awful- probably due to how all the decent gags in the show don't condense down well to 20-second clips. The first episode isn't exactly the best thing ever but I can see it evolving into a very watchable and quite funny series.

E4 can make anything look awful, with their badly-chosen clips and terrible voiceovers. They make 2 Broke Girls look twice as shit as it actually is, which anyone familiar with the show could tell you is some achievement.

• Upvote 1

I watched it on the 4OD app, maybe I've been spoiled by Netflix but the image quality was piss poor.

E4 can make anything look awful, with their badly-chosen clips and terrible voiceovers. They make 2 Broke Girls look twice as shit as it actually is, which anyone familiar with the show could tell you is some achievement.

Impossible. 2 * ∞ = ∞

Caught the first episode on Channel 4 Friday night, pretty good first impressions (although the best punch lines had been spoiled by the constant E4 trailers).

The latest episode was a bit meh, but "One-dle plus One-dle Equals Toodles" deserves mentioning as my favourite Gina-ism since "Why so down, little clown?"

• Upvote 1

Watched all this on Netflix. After a not so great opening episode it eventually finds its stride and turns out pretty damn good. I've no idea who Andy Samberg is but he's certainly part of a very decent, varied cast.

This series is great. Funniest thing currently on TV. We especially like the theme music here, excellent stuff.

Watched all this on Netflix. After a not so great opening episode it eventually finds its stride and turns out pretty damn good. I've no idea who Andy Samberg is but he's certainly part of a very decent, varied cast.

Check out the Lonely Island music skits from Saturday Night Live as well as his Nicolas Cage skits.

And yeah. Brooklyn Nine-Nine is brilliant. The cast are all brilliant, especially Joe LoTruglio (one of the best things from the movie Paul), Chelsea Peretti & Terry Crews who are genuinely amazing.

I'm not feeling this as much in season 2. Really enjoyed the first season, but this feels flat and unfunny. The kids really like it though.

Loving season 2 as much as season 1. Andre Braugher is still the best thing in it for me, his delivery of lines is just perfect.

• Upvote 5

His punchline at the end of this week's opening scene produced a massive laugh from me. He's amazing.

Hot damn!

Same for me. If this ever get cancelled (which would be ridiculous) we need to see a spin off of Holt in the 70s, I love the flashbacks.

This series is great. Funniest thing currently on TV. We especially like the theme music here, excellent stuff.

I have it as my ring tone