rllmuk
Dimahoo

Wreckfest - Bugbear (IBM Compatibles)

11 hours ago, marsh said:

I just followed a 1998 robin reliant, the urge to smash it off a bridge and into a river was overwhelming.....

Ohhh IRL?

Also patch 1.06 has just gone live.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Ohhh IRL?

Also patch 1.06 has just gone live.

Oh yes, had a brake light out as well. So tempted.....

There's some interesting cars in the pipeline too.

Just got this on PS4, perfect to unwind and dick about (with drifting, not ramming - per se...) on gravel tracks :D

Very much up for some online races with anyone interested, too :)

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Just got this on PS4, perfect to unwind and dick about (with drifting, not ramming - per se...) on gravel tracks :D

Very much up for some online races with anyone interested, too :)

I'm game we might have enough for 5 or 6 of us

6 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

I'm game we might have enough for 5 or 6 of us

That's be brilliant! I could do some races later tonight (9PM-ish) and Saturday. (Leaving for a few weeks again on Monday.)

You can invite people but no private lobbies maybe an issue but I had fun last night with some races.  I will be about later this evening as well. (PS4).

Are the leaderboards working on this?

18 minutes ago, marsh said:

Could we not just pile into an empty server from the server list?

They were all full last night after the update. All 9 of them :lol:

• Upvote 1

Nice, I'll try to be online by 9PM and see what's what to get forumites in the same lobby.

If randoms feel like bashing us 'Mukkers I guess we'll just have to retaliate :eyebrows:

By the way, this game is LOVELY on a wheel and H-pattern gearshifter! Heel 'n toeing it under braking, whacking the car into corners and powering out :D

Just what the doctor ordered as far as 'loose racing on loose surfaces' go!

Reall Enjoying this, but I have a few minor gripes and things I would like to see.

1. Physics seem really good, except when the car rams into tyres. Not enough impact/recoil. Its abit like starsky an hutch driving through an alley of cardboard boxes at times.  Also single tyres don’t seem to effect the car when driven over.

2. The music - I enjoy background music in games and most of the tracks are decent, but it could really do with a music skip on the ‘d’ pad.I’ll be ready for the funny farm if I hear that ‘gasoline’ track again.....

3. It could be a bit more generous with the cash. I know there are a few sneaky ways to earn big dough in the custom races but it defeats the purpose. 

4.  Be nice to see abit of weather conditions in the game - it’s all abit samey 

5. Leaky fuel tanks and split oil sumps when the car is damaged would be great (fuel/oil on the track) affecting grip etc

6.  Cardboard cut out esq spectators / duplicates - has this ever really been advanced in racing games?

anyway back to the game...

• Upvote 1

It was the first race I have ever had where I was in stitches laughing at it... Cars in front being wiped out by a wall of cars was just incredible to watch. 

I am so pleased that I finally have a go to racer on the PS4, that has one genre that had not clicked for me on this console, until now, obvs. 

• Upvote 2

First time I've seen the game engine 'break' yesterday - was racing motorhomes round the loop the loop track and it was a full field, at the crossroads by the loop on the first lap mayhem as expected ensued and the entire field took itself out, the frame rate crawled to what looked like less than a few single digit frames per second.

Still ridiculous fun to just pick up and play.

Working my way slowly thru the single player and on the 4th of the 5 sections. 

5 hours ago, Gotters said:

First time I've seen the game engine 'break' yesterday - was racing motorhomes round the loop the loop track and it was a full field, at the crossroads by the loop on the first lap mayhem as expected ensued and the entire field took itself out, the frame rate crawled to what looked like less than a few single digit frames per second.

Still ridiculous fun to just pick up and play.

Working my way slowly thru the single player and on the 4th of the 5 sections. 

Yeah I had that exact thing on that race. On one attempt the crashed motorhomes fully blocked the track such that I couldn't even push my way past without wrecking myself.

This is definitely my favourite racer ever. I'm on the final championship now, racing A-class cars and it's just amazing. There is such a difference in handling depending on the car, the way it's tuned, the armour upgrades and the track surface. Lots of races simply require you to survive longer than the other competitors and you end up having to pick your way around carcasses.

I did an event just now which was a 1-on-1 with my B-class Roadslayer against a totally upgraded A-class Roadslayer, where the reward for winning was a A-class Roadslayer GT. Instead of spending loads of money upgrading mine to make it competitive, I just harassed him on the corners before he got away from me, eventually managing to make him lose a wheel by crashing out. From here he struggled on for a bit before wrecking himself why trying to catch me up. Hilarious.

Dirt Devil Stadium is my favourite track:

• Upvote 3

On 09/09/2019 at 19:47, Mr Combo Breaker said:

If I want to fuck it into a wall for the lols you should let me, dammit!

Except at the end of a 12 lap race when I'm in the lead by like 50 seconds, everyone except 1 of the CPU racers are dead and I fuck it into the wall just a ball-hair too early so that I DNF rather than cross the line and come 2nd.

What a fanny

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

I’d given up hope of this ever coming out on consoles after years of jealously watching pc updates.  So was pleasantly surprised to see this for PS4 on the shelf in my game store.  Played all night but have to stop and go to bed so I can get up for work In the morning.  Bugbear have made another classic and it’s just as good as I was hoping it would be.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’d given up hope of this ever coming out on consoles after years of jealously watching pc updates.  So was pleasantly surprised to see this for PS4 on the shelf in my game store.  Played all night but have to stop and go to bed so I can get up for work In the morning.  Bugbear have made another classic and it’s just as good as I was hoping it would be.

Yeah it really is a great arcade racer.  So may "Oh my god!" moments during single player racers and a great laugh.

Now give us private server Bugbear and we can get the multiplayer show on the road! 

The handling and damage model makes it feel more like a sim racer to me. Well, 'realistic' rather than sim. I play with all the assists off and it'll very challenging trying to control the A-class cars.