rllmuk
TehStu

No Man's Sky - Beyond update inc. VR out now

4 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

If you're on ps4, hit the share button to take a screenshot. This registered the photo being taken when I did a similar mission. The X button doesn't work for some reason. 

This didn’t work for me, in VR at least.

6 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Can you move bases? My base is on my starting planet, an irradiated hell hole. The gek dude, who lives on the roof at the science station I built up there (for some reason) doesn’t seem to mind.

You can build as many bases as you like. 

21 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Afaik all the storage persists no matter where you build it also. So all your shit in storage 1 on one world will be in storage 1 wherever you build it.

I did not know this! 

Currently looking for a nice planet to start my base on, but as usual everytime I find a good candidate ... "warning incoming ******* storm" 

2 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Looking forward to one of these daily patches fixing Mordite not showing up in the Food Processor.

Been patiently waiting for this. Apparently it's fixed in the current Experimental build.

• Upvote 2

On 22/08/2019 at 11:05, Dimahoo said:

Both. Its an in game mechanic as it allows it. You can buy an economy scanner...look for the system colours and they represent what that systems focus is.

Then buy from...blue - sell to Red - buy from Red - sell to green, etc.

image.png.34961a072c8bc8e13be10e992532421d.png

Thanks for this! I did a bit more research and last night plotted out a short route and actually made some money being a super cool space trader. Need to refine my route a little bit and pay more attention to what I'm buying/selling, but it was pretty easy once I jotted down what I had to do.

1 hour ago, Danster said:

You can build as many bases as you like. 

Apparently there is a limit of 3000 things per base, with a limit of 20,000 things overall. 

There is is also an maximum construction radius of 120iu (I think) from base computer. But you can just build another base computer past the radius and keep building. That’s how people have built ridiculous bases floating in the sky, which is what I might do - delete my island and have a fortress hovering above the water. 

• Upvote 1

I just spent 63 million on a new hauler

xKAlErn.png

Looking for a larger slot Explorer now. My current one is only 28 slots (A recovery from the Artimis mission) but I love that it does nearly 1000 light years a jump

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, John0 said:

Thanks for this! I did a bit more research and last night plotted out a short route and actually made some money being a super cool space trader. Need to refine my route a little bit and pay more attention to what I'm buying/selling, but it was pretty easy once I jotted down what I had to do.

I think you have to add around 10 systems. This allows stock to increase to maximise gain.

I was farming storm Crystals last night. I love the fact they only appear during extreme weather putting you at risk (at least on my chosen planet), but then once thats past your buggered and can't collect them as they turn into rock.

No doubt this has been spoken about I'm pretty late to this game.

I'm still only 8 hours in but there's a noticeable improvement in the way the 'story' is delivered which I'm enjoying.

I also randomly dug up a buried pod today and found an ancient bit of technology in it worth more than half a million credits to a collector. Made my day.

2 hours ago, Mawdlin said:

I'm still only 8 hours in but there's a noticeable improvement in the way the 'story' is delivered which I'm enjoying.

I also randomly dug up a buried pod today and found an ancient bit of technology in it worth more than half a million credits to a collector. Made my day.

Sounds like Salvage which is worth the most (esp. if rare). You'll know how rare it is by how many locks you have to break. The more the merrier :)

That planet will have a fair bit of that so keep looking.

Its usually located approx. 900u from a given landing zone and once found a scan will usually reveal more around you.

Tech Salvage is up to 400u.

Storm Crystals are a simliar distance but its a bit random - you can see storm crystals assuming its night but day hunting is better by jetpack and look for the power icons during on-foot scans.

You should go for clumps of Crystals ideally - and make sure you have environment protection. Ideally you want an extreme planet close to a trading post or space station else - long trips will see you attacked.

Crystals pay double what salvage does however it loses value like everything if more is sold in one place. Storms usually come every 5 minutes.

If you find Salavage and prefer hunting that - get 3x S class exosuit boosts or using the vehicles and you'll get about much faster.

One other Nanite trick...

Silver and Gold refine to platinum and 1:1 ratios in a large refiner.

Platinum refines to Nanites at 5:1

Mold refines to Nanites at 5:1 (you can buy mold on the planetary trading - from the pilots).

So get those and get S class everything. Ideally you want the 3x scanner and 3x jumpsuit....YMMV

But that ensures the jetpack suit lasts longer and recharges hella' quick.

Yep, this is now pretty ace in VR on PC. I did indeed start a base on that verdant moon. Looking up the planet it's orbiting, and seeing the sheer scale of it ... that's not getting old any time soon. :D

Playing 2d with a controller on PC. Two things I can't figure out

How do I fire my grenade launcher. It's a secondary weapon and I don't appear to have enough buttons to activate it

How the hell do I use my survey scanner to find an electromagnetic hotspot near my base? It seems to have a mind of it's own and will only focus on one specific thing rather than letting me switch.

I have a capital ship/freighter but I can’t launch expeditions anymore. It asks me to select a ship but there aren’t any. I definitely had one before. Does the freighter not count? I thought I was launching that.

How do I get another one without spending credits that I don’t have? 

It's fucking typical isn't it. When you just want to roam around every planet is one storm after another. When you want storm crystals the weather literally everywhere is clear as a bell. HOW DOES IT KNOW?

28 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I have a capital ship/freighter but I can’t launch expeditions anymore. It asks me to select a ship but there aren’t any. I definitely had one before. Does the freighter not count? I thought I was launching that.

How do I get another one without spending credits that I don’t have? 

Sounds like you know this already but for the benefit of anyone who doesn't...

You need frigates to go with your freighter. Find a CPU freighter and there'll be loads of little ships hanging around, when you get close to one you can speak to them and buy them. There are five different types: Exploration, Trader, Industrial, Support and Combat. Best to get a balance, eventually I got five of each. Don't worry too much about their skill levels, they soon up level doing missions for you. You can see your frigates on one of the computer desks on your freighter.

Speak to the dude hanging around by the main desk for missions. There are four different types of missions you can do: Trade, Industrial, Balanced and Combat. I think you get different rewards dependent on which ships you send on which missions. You'll also need frigate fuel which is made from Tritium and Di-Hydrogen.

• Upvote 4

I got the freighter/capital ship after answering a distress cal and they gave it to me. The next time I did that with a different capital ship the guy wanted like 60 million credits for his ship.

Anyway, the thigh is I have already done a couple of expeditions (by speaking to that guy) and built a command centre so I could launch to begin with. I assume I got a free frigate with my first (free) freighter? I don’t recall getting a message about it being lost or anything.

alternative hypotheses: another bug

8 hours ago, Dimahoo said:

If you find Salavage and prefer hunting that - get 3x S class exosuit boosts

Can this only be done using that reload exploit? I put an S class scanner upgrade on, and now it's greyed out at the vendor. I read about reloading the save but when I did that the one I had already installed disappeared. Couldn't be arsed doing it all in a 3rd attempt so I just carried on.

Will another S rank upgrade become available at some point?

I'm probably being dumb, but I can't for the life of me work out what you're supposed to do with Merchant/Mercenary/Explorer guild standing that you get given as an inventory item sometimes. There doesn't seem to be any way to consume it or anywhere to spend it, unless I've missed something on the Anomaly?

Isn't that just a notification rather than an inventory item? The current standing is recorded in the Milestones page of the options screen. Every time it goes up it shows a little icon but it's not an actual item you receive.

4 hours ago, Darwock said:

Can this only be done using that reload exploit? I put an S class scanner upgrade on, and now it's greyed out at the vendor. I read about reloading the save but when I did that the one I had already installed disappeared. Couldn't be arsed doing it all in a 3rd attempt so I just carried on.

Will another S rank upgrade become available at some point?

Oh okay. When fly out the system and back into it. That worked for me.

In the early days of base building and I’m not sure about this new power thing they’ve added. Does anyone actually like it (apart from people who want to build calculators)? Storage containers needing power just seems stupid.

• Upvote 2