Persona 5 | Persona 5 Royal | 50% off on PSN until Monday

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Gambit said:

Is there anywhere legally I can obtain the Persona 5 soundtrack? Or do I have to sail the high seas?

If you don't want to play import roulette then get the CD soundtrack here -

http://www.otaku.co.uk/products/105582

£37:99. Free shipping. Used them a fair few times and they are excellent.

If you want it digitally then Itunes has it -

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/persona-5-original-soundtrack/1226945984

So I've just hit the first link I can turn to a romance, and considering whether or not to go the man whore route. If it's like Persona 3 where I could get into a romantic relationship with anyone of the opposite sex, it's gonna to get creepy...

Morally I want to stick with one, but I have time for doing this exactly once (probably really 0.5 times) so it's bringing out my worst follow a guide, min/max everything side. Decisions...

As much as I've ways wanted to date a model, let's face it

Spoiler

I'm also totally hot for teacher.

Man whore it is.

It's good that in a year of revelations about men objectifying women, Atlus released a game allowing you to play out all your male fantasies and get bonuses for it :P

4 hours ago, Jonathan_Kerr said:

Any word on whether this is coming to Switch yet?

I don't think a Persona game has ever been released in a Nintendo platform, they are Sony exclusives, aren't they? Usually the spin offs get released, like Shin Megame Tensei. I think SMT 5 is coming on the Switch.

2 hours ago, Talk Show Host said:

I don't think a Persona game has ever been released in a Nintendo platform, they are Sony exclusives, aren't they? Usually the spin offs get released, like Shin Megame Tensei. I think SMT 5 is coming on the Switch.

They're not "exclusive" as in Atlus having a deal with Sony so there's no reason they can't appear elsewhere (well afaik)

Also the SMT games aren't a spin off of Persona, in fact P3 carried the SMT prefix in Europe.

4 hours ago, Talk Show Host said:

There was this rant-y tweet by former Atlus PR guy John Hardin asking people to stop begging for a Switch P5 release and that it wasn’t happening... but then that was the former PR ;)

Mainline SMT seems to have found a home on Nintendo hardware with numbered Persona titles historically being released on Sony machines. I guess things can change if there’s a deal (with Sony and Nintendo) going on that only lasts a limited time, or if Sony’s userbase plummets (I mean, the Vita’s getting new Persona dancing games and the handheld’s been dead for some time, so who knows what they’re doing ;) )

1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

Was P3 released on a Nintendo console? 

Nope. You are right in that no Persona games (other than PQ) have been on a Nintendo system, but again afaik there's no exclusivity deal, just developer preference/fan base preference.

And as for SMT there's the numbered entries plus various other titles that come under the umbrella,P3 had enough success for the title to be removed (and actually the PS2 release of Persona 4 has Shin Megami Tensei on its front cover).

23 minutes ago, wev said:

Nope. You are right in that no Persona games (other than PQ) have been on a Nintendo system, but again afaik there's no exclusivity deal, just developer preference/fan base preference.

And as for SMT there's the numbered entries plus various other titles that come under the umbrella,P3 had enough success for the title to be removed (and actually the PS2 release of Persona 4 has Shin Megami Tensei on its front cover).

The exclusivity deal may not apply in a general way but it certainly is in effect from game to game. P5 and Yakuza 0, for example, are Sony exclusives and Atlus has confirmed this. If that means that this kind of exclusivity is easier to break than normal, I don't know (but I hope so - P5 looks like a perfect game for the Switch). But as things stand, Persona 5 is a Sony exclusive (SMT5 is in development for the Switch though, is it not?)

2 hours ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Do you have to do mementos?

Short answer: yes, ultimately.

Long answer (wrapped in spoilers but I'm not really mentioning specifics):

Spoiler

There's an event later on where you have to explore Mementos down to a certain depth, so it helps to get as much of it "cleared" as possible so that you have less to do when you're required to visit. Also, outside of the main story...

Spoiler

you may be required to visit Mementos as part of certain Confidant arcs.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Am about to start this as I am nearing the end of Danganronpa 2. Its taken me a long time (I am 46) but I have found my sweet spot for games, and am hoping this is just up my street. Can't wait to get stuck in

It's gonna take you a long time to finish too! 

• Qazimod changed the title to Persona 5 | Persona 5 Royal | 50% off on PSN until Monday