rllmuk
Qazimod

Persona 5 | P5R coming March 31st 2020

Take this with a pinch of salt...

In case the tweet gets deleted in the future, it shows a screenshot of the Indonesian PSN store with product details for P5R and a release date of 20th February.

Hopefully we'll get official confirmation tomorrow (see the announcement countdown a couple of posts up...)

EDIT: fucking lol. The last “announcement of an announcement” tweet from Atlus has had a load of replies that they’ve hidden that were basically saying “can’t wait for Feb 20th!”

Was hoping for a June release, purely so I can ask for it for my birthday. 

But surely they wouldn't release P5R and Scramble on the same day in Japan (I think both are now saying Feb 20)

Pre Ordered with Amazon, need that big dumb mask :)

Hoping the art book is actually a decent art book this time rather than the one that came with the Dancing special edition.....

• Upvote 1

Changed my mind on the edition of this. 

I'm currently working after a period of not working, which is great, but it's maybe temporary and I may have less money come end of march. So I've decided to buy myself the Ultimate Edition on PSN as a christmas present as I have to pay upfront, and forego any other treats. I think it's nice reward for how hard I genuinely have been working and gives me something to look forward too. I now have a date to aim for to finish Q2 which I have been dragging out to keep me going. 

• Upvote 2

What’s being added over Persona 5 in Royal? I can’t see myself playing through both, but Persona 5 is down to $10 on the US store and I can buy a $10 PSN card for less than £8. I’m thinking that’s a better use of my money. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

What’s being added over Persona 5 in Royal? I can’t see myself playing through both, but Persona 5 is down to $10 on the US store and I can buy a $10 PSN card for less than £8. I’m thinking that’s a better use of my money. Thoughts?

It looks like it adds quite a lot and they’ve removed some of the drawn out crappy bits, but that price is really good.

The base game is great, but I think you’ll be missing out. I played Persona 4 before I played Golden and the remake was a lot better. 

not sure that’s a lot of help though! I would get the Royal version though

• Upvote 2

I'm hopeful that Royal is good but I really won't know until I play it myself. I'd say that the discount for vanilla P5 is a good deal but if you can hold out for Royal it may work out better in the long term. :) Like @Vorgot says, it sounds like they're making a lot of changes and additions; more like a P4->Golden update than a P3->FES...

• Upvote 1