Timmo

Ultimate Team - Beginner's Guide now in post 1!

I use mertens as sole striker with Zola feeding him from CAM. Works well. I have Cavani on the bench if I need something stronger in game.

I've only played 6 games with him, in which he has scored 6 goals but Pogba :wub: I know it's an obvious one rather than it being quite an odd player to love, but he is fucking incredible. Goals from him so far have come as a result of a header from a corner, left and right foot wonder strikes, a free kick, a penalty (complete with ridiculous run-up) and the best... after picking up the ball from a throw in he tricked and powered his way past 3 defenders as he cut directly across the pitch and then curled a lovely strike in off the post.

I don't care what issues / exploits the game has. It is the best we are going to get as far as football is concerned and thankfully being a lowly Division 5 player I get to play against lots of other morons who can somehow find the enjoyment in the worst game ever!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, hannay said:

Yeah 

Screenshot_20181120-132941_Companion.thumb.jpg.2393a5b454131ae67a927159ad967d6e.jpg

Got him! Looks decent for the bench, 4* skills and weak foot too. I’d seen a rumour about him a few weeks back and almost bought loads of Swedish league players in case of a clubs SBC, glad I didn’t bother now 

1FB74507-723B-4BA7-8D25-FE28BC86FDA4.jpeg

1 hour ago, AlfromSleep said:

Got him! Looks decent for the bench, 4* skills and weak foot too. I’d seen a rumour about him a few weeks back and almost bought loads of Swedish league players in case of a clubs SBC, glad I didn’t bother now 

1FB74507-723B-4BA7-8D25-FE28BC86FDA4.jpeg

Is that him mid bust-a-move or have they added 'just got smashed by Sergio Ramos' to the walkout options?

Ooh, @Pants McSkill look:.

The patch also makes a well-timed tackle more effective, encouraging players to defend manually. It increases the tendency of the ball to travel further from the dribbler after the tackle, increasing the likelihood the dribbler will lose possession of the ball. This is great news, as it can be frustrating to get the ball with a tackle, only to see the attacker retain possession.

Ooh, @gooner4life, look:

The title update reduces the effectiveness of defending by AI teammates.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-20-fifa-19-players-rejoice-after-patch-nerfs-ai-defending

• Upvote 3

But it doesn't say the if it affects the likelyhood of the ball going to one of the other opponets players, which it frequently does!

Also only nerfing Legendary and Ultimate defenders is bullshit too, sometimes Professional and Semi Pro teams in Squad Battles back put up a right tough fight!

36 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Not likely, if I drop to 5 you’d be in 9 or 10 :hat:

Not to worry, you’re definitely done with the game this ti..

20 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Was just bored so decided I’d open a couple of 7.5k packs, opened the third one and ...

D2C68051-6889-4D4A-AFD5-79652C6472F8.jpeg

:rolleyes:

I didn’t say I was done with it, that doesn’t mean I can’t find fault with it, I recorded a video after taking the photo just for the naysayers who would say I went through a load of packs to get it, 3 packs with coins, I stand by the fact it’s down to my lower engagement with the game and the fact I haven’t spent money where I would normally have.

7 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I didn’t say I was done with it, that doesn’t mean I can’t find fault with it, I recorded a video after taking the photo just for the naysayers who would say I went through a load of packs to get it, 3 packs with coins, I stand by the fact it’s down to my lower engagement with the game and the fact I haven’t spent money where I would normally have.

17 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I’m gonna submit Lehmann into the SBC for Larsson and discard the overrated shit haired twat. Just for you Mards

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Was just bored so decided I’d open a couple of 7.5k packs, opened the third one and ...

D2C68051-6889-4D4A-AFD5-79652C6472F8.jpeg

Welcome to the 7.5k Icon club.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jerec said:

But it doesn't say the if it affects the likelyhood of the ball going to one of the other opponets players, which it frequently does!

It does though, doesn't it?

"The patch also makes a well-timed tackle more effective, encouraging players to defend manually. It increases the tendency of the ball to travel further from the dribbler after the tackle, increasing the likelihood the dribbler will lose possession of the ball. This is great news, as it can be frustrating to get the ball with a tackle, only to see the attacker retain possession."

Kind of...

And can't we all just get along?!

A teeny, tiny sub-section of a sub-section of a teeny tiny gaming forum and we're acting like my family at Christmas.

I think this patch will be amazing and everyone will love it and you're all invited around mine for turkey and trimmings and Rock Band and Snowballs. :wub:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nakamura said:

Give it a rest @MardiganX. He's allowed his opinion and agreement or not, clearly he was right about AI defending as proven by EA investigating it. 

Come on mate, don’t make me use it again  :D

3 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Do you lot go big on chemistry styles? 

You mean assign chem styles to players? Absolutely! You got most players on basic?

I shouldn't have had another game of this...  Has anyone tried selling their fifa coins anywhere?  Was it a pretty painless process.?  I have 2 million coins and I'd like to hope it's worth something.

3 more November swap items needed for a 100k Jumbo Rare Players pack, I’m not really tempted by any of the players on offer so gonna take the gamble on the tradeable pack instead. 

As for chemistry styles, I put one on every starting player, giving them boosts based on where they play. Mainly anchor, sentinel or shadow on more defensive players and hunter or hawk on attackers.