Timmo

Ultimate Team - Beginner's Guide now in post 1!

5 hours ago, nakamura said:

It's more that it would have been better to release them after WC. As is, they've made the mode redundant.

Maybe only for now though. Once more players start receiving upgrades, it will make some of the lower tier icons outdated (other than for chemistry on hybrid teams).

I dont think I will ever upgrade on my FUT world cup icons, Hernandez has 35 goals in 15 games for me so far. :wub: 

The way EA have played this is bizarre, I do tend to just assume FUT is dying because I am not playing very much :lol: but surely the numbers must be down for FUT and World FUT, given how poorly the whole thing has been managed.

Do they care? When the dust settles on the World Cup mode and everyone returns to normal UT they will have no coins left and so will be encouraged to spend money rather than grind to get into a decent position again. As sinacle as it sounds I honestly believe that was EAs key objective when they structured the WC mode and it’s coin sucking player acquisition process. Strip us all of our coins stashes while we celebrate getting lots of icons that are worth ZERO!

The fact the Portugal Nation SBC has still not been opened is further evidence of this as everyone that doesn’t have CR7 right now is chasing Portugal players from packs so they are ready for it. As soon as it is released and almost everyone gets CR7 EA have very little left to encourage players to spend coins or points.

I would love to see the stats on player drops from specific nations and if they have changed following the release of the Nation SBCs. 

It reminds of the movie Gladiator where the wee Senate guy tells his mate that Commodus “knows what Rome is... He will strip people of their freedom and still they will cheer”, something like that. Commodus is EA, I must be the wee Senate Guy and FIFA players are the mob of Rome. Unfortunately, in this version Maximus doesn’t give a fuck.

1 Nation requirement has been removed from WL and DKT. Tweeted by EA dev. Just sold all my English players. Lost 22k on Milner alone. Here’s a thought: if I can quick sell for 68k, or set BIN at 68.5k, I’m better off quick selling aren’t I? So I don’t lose tax?

Also a preview of TOTMD1 includes 91 LM Lozano, 98 ST CR7, and 95 LW Isco

On 20/06/2018 at 13:55, nakamura said:

Hmmm I might have to enter now I can use a better GK...

That new Inui card looks right up your street

Don’t bother with the FOF SBC’s for TOTMD cards. Did 2 and got 2 x 87’s: Poulsen and Cheryshev. Not worth it for 2 x 86 rated squads

I've played 2 matches this week, I'm still too unwell to play such a stressful game but I must admit I have enjoyed the break. So many new cards coming it all got a bit much. Might go for the 90 Inui, might not. 

I need to get enough coins together to purchase the best version of every Man Utd player. So Lingard, Rojo, Young, Lukaku, Sanchez, etc will all cost me over a million. IF Valencia and 3IF Pogba are still massively expensive compared to end game cards though

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

@LiMuBai Valencia will have a new special card that is tots level apparantly 

Hopefully, if/when EA release the South American Heroes.

I finally won my first online draft last night! 

Shit rewards, but still. All I need to do now is win Div 1 and I’ll have completed all of the things I wanted to with this game.

FED59DF2-9454-499E-97ED-2B6BE243CDFB.jpeg

Got Pele in WC mode last night which means I have all 17 icons in that mode now.

I'm hoping for some new sbcs now. I have 4 of the nations to complete and that is it.

On 27/06/2018 at 02:37, hannay said:

I got a shit 86 rated Mexican LB. Deffo not worth it for me.

And I went for it again  tonight and traded a decent 86 rated squad for Gyan. Ffs. I should learn.

10 hours ago, hannay said:

Got Pele in WC mode last night which means I have all 17 icons in that mode now.

I'm hoping for some new sbcs now. I have 4 of the nations to complete and that is it.

There are only 17 icons and I still don't have Nakata????

Oh and a nice Endo card arrived today! 

Screenshot_20180706-190836.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nakamura said:

I did think about you when Japan had their nice run in the WC (as sad as that sounds, I don't have a lot of room in my brain for useful things).  How did it improve your team? Did you get any boosts through the campaign?  What a shame about the Belgium result...they were there for the taking. :(  

• Upvote 1

Don't worry, pretty much everyone associates me with the Japan national team!

Well in WC mode, Osako is 81 and Inui 86. Inui is lethal and pretty much 7/10 people I play quite on me, even with their legends. 

Other mode Inui has a 90 and a 91 which is a crazy card but I have no coins because I keep trying to get Nakata! 

As for the match, yeah Japan wasted their chance. Comfortably in control, technically outstanding but tactically naive and physically always going to struggle against a Fellaini. 

I'm satisfied because for years I've championed their technical ability and suggested England need to attain that level of comfort in possession and people finally seem to understand what I've been saying, especially given the size of our game, and the cash. 

• Upvote 1

After a poor Saturday night, I went on a 9 game winning streak last night to finish on 25 wins. Equalling my best ever finish. It was so difficult just getting a game sometimes though, I must have had at least 10 people quit as soon as the match starts.

• Upvote 1

On 06/07/2018 at 19:58, nakamura said:

I packed the 91 Inui the other day, decent stats.

• Upvote 1

Yeah pretty impressive. I've not played it as I've had two hospital visits now. I've only got about 25k too so no chance of buying one. 

21 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Yeah pretty impressive. I've not played it as I've had two hospital visits now. I've only got about 25k too so no chance of buying one. 

Pulled it from a 125K pack, sold a pony TOTS player and opened 2 packs, he popped out.

Seems to be going for 150k ish

Packed FoF David Luiz from today’s SBC. His card looks great. Might bench Rio for him for this weekend, although it means buying a BPL or Brazilian right back to get everyone on full chem. might give that new Trippier Card a go. Valencia would be better, but not for 550k.

I’ve opened over 100 decent packs (from SBC’s, rewards, etc - haven’t brought any with coins or cash) during FoF and still haven’t packed a single special card.