Timmo

Ultimate Team - Beginner's Guide now in post 1!

Treated myself with the bit of extra monies I got over the weekend! This is my new team for the next 37ish games. (Depending how I get on!)

Tempted to draft in Kante and Valencia for Moses and the Ox.

IMG_8264.thumb.PNG.c902f24299c0b4fea8070fcbbea97d08.PNGIMG_8265.thumb.PNG.f107cb4a245baac57602a613513bd9d3.PNG

I got the Rijkaard and Larsson loans myself... Rijkaard is an absolute monster, I might get him at some point.

Wish I could say the same about Larsson. He's a bit trash, needed a dribbling trait. Way, way outclassed by SIF Lozano, who's been insane for me.

On 18/02/2018 at 10:18, gooner4life said:

The tweet says it all, I never believed a team could get someone into top 100 until I played this Guy this morning, he was absolutely terrible but for the first half his team just refused to be tackled, Gullit was an absolute bulldozer, TOTY Ronaldo scored 3 from outside the box, I switched formation to 4222 and started bombarding him, scored 2, he couldn’t handle the passing and movement and he switched to PTB 5atb and starts time wasting from the 60th minute.

Of course it's pay to win! Why do you think my 77 rated team pretty much dominates every game? I rarely get outplayed yet I'm in division 4!

39 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

@Timmo @Pants McSkill do you guys think the market will rebound? Will players like Sanchez drop more or go back over 100k?

I’ve been keeping an eye on 85 Hernandez who dropped from 470k (when I bought him last week) to 385k in the space of 5 days but has slowly risen back to 420k today so there has been a bit of a recovery. That’s probably due to people not buying much during the WL though. 

• Upvote 1

92 Maldini has shot up nearly 100k since yesterday. I had to sell Nainggolan to get him. Also completed the Rijkaard SBC with pretty much club only items. So here’s my team for the foreseeable future:

49102C55-07A5-456D-9D0D-67DB8BF334A8.jpeg

I prefer to play Pogba on the left so he can finesse shots using his right foot, so if I don’t get on with him on the left I’ll put Young back in and swap Pogba back to the left.

• Upvote 1

It's probably a while before the next big promo event, which suggests a small rebound... but then there's the player base drop off that occurs from here on out, which would negate that (less people = less people buying cards = less demand = prices drop). Honestly, I'd be surprised if it changed massively either way.

• Upvote 1

To remind everyone that there are still relatively normal teams out there here is the setup I went for using the coins earned over the Lunar event.

3BACCABB-B69C-447D-894D-9190F3108ADC.thumb.png.c798b61e4e38993df677d403ad616129.png

Timo Werner’s base card is the the best striker I have used on Ultimate Team so  I simply had to try out his recent TOTW card. It went bringing in Gundogan who is actually very good considering his lack of real pace but also left me a problem at RW. Tried lots of variations but TOTW Yarmolenko looked like an absolute beast so will go with this for a while then sell up the TOTWs for any improvements I can make. Guys like Toure, Alonso and Rudiger could be improved upon but they are untradeables and have served me well for a while.

Played 1 game last night after finally getting the team organised and it was a 2-1 win with Werner getting both plus Gundogan and Yarmolenko getting the assists :) lovely! 

• Upvote 2

Just had a look what you can get for 100k now...

This team is very marginally worse than my main team! (1st min formation change to retain chemistry)

B6B97FBA-8EB1-495C-90F6-EA4DD9A3655D.thumb.png.a68c21f32c9fb325646de7df09a98bb3.png

F38A6DD7-AD0A-4E98-87DE-97EC80D32FF7.thumb.png.f8f8e37aedea8b9ddd06a1890644c70c.png

I’d seriously recommend that team for anyone in a rut. OP players throughout. 

• Upvote 1

That’s a hell of a good team for 100k!

If anyone has FUTMAS Herrera or Lingard, then even better. Dembele is great; tall, strong, good dribbler, well rounded. I used Dembele a lot at the start.

My first proper team I built was this:

I managed 18 wins in WL on my first attempt with that team. Then realised that I can’t do skills, so swapped to a 41212(2) and used Jesus and Lukaku up front and dropped Martial and Willian.

It’s stange that my team has MASSIVELY improved since then, but my results have only slightly improved. Instead of 18 wins, I now get 21-24 regularly. I just need that extra bit of skill (mine) to push on to Gold 1/Elite 3.

464903C9-9DB1-4C15-BEDE-C6A502F412DA.jpeg

Any thoughts on who I should get, with a budget of around 200k, to fill the gap in this hybrid when switching in game to 41212 and subbing off Bakayoko?

Kante and Bellerin are untradable. 

CD24F2D9-6F7A-4EAC-821E-879A66F7CE1F.jpeg

541F7833-830A-4D26-B8EA-6B47ED47B45C.jpeg