Dawn of the Dead - Argento Cut R2 DVD?

acidbearboy

I have the 1999 Directors Cut of Dawn of the Dead on dvd, watched it for the first time in ages this week. It seemed different to the version I remember from the TV in the 90s so I googled the differences. Having read about the various cuts, it seems I have have the longest version by Romero. I'd quite like to see the Argento cut now, as it reduces the comedy and uses more of the soundtrack by Goblin. What are my choices on DVD - Region 2 preferably.

• 7 years later...

Why does this thread have so few posts? 

Anyway. Watching Dawn again. Still brilliant.

Though this is my first time realising Joe "choke on em" Pilato is in it as well.  How did I never notice before. 

I'm exactly the same tbh. Still have my Arrow Blu-ray but can't recall if I've ever watched the Argento cut. 

I think in my youth it may have the prevalent version you could buy / rent. 

Thinking about it though, I know I was able to borrow the uncut version on VHS in the good ole video nasty days and that was probably the Argento cut. 

I think I'll stick  on the Blu-ray at some point this week. 

All of document of the dead is on YouTube btw. 

22 minutes ago, cassidy said:

I'm exactly the same tbh. Still have my Arrow Blu-ray but can't recall if I've ever watched the Argento cut. 

I think in my youth it may have the prevalent version you could buy / rent. 

Thinking about it though, I know I was able to borrow the uncut version on VHS in the good ole video nasty days and that was probably the Argento cut. 

I was watching the Argento cut on Prime the other night and I really couldn’t tell where it was different to what I’d seen before, so I guess it was probably the same version I’d borrowed or taped off the telly years ago.

• 2 weeks later...