Sign in to follow this  
mercenarri

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

Important Dates

27th August - Game Launched!

Character List (Moogle Server)

In no particular order (let me know who I've missed):

• PC Master Race - Cat Girl
  • Doctor Shark - Kel Ethan
  • Bobontheway - Hera Jika
  • JPR - Yavie Este
  • top-cat - Scruffington Wee
  • Rikku - Sanicle Mystari
  • Corleth - Logan Arthur
  • wev - Reii Tali
  • Spork - Spork Eoh
  • Sie - Nik Nak
  • U-1 - Yewone Tagow
  • Hyper P - Hanningfield Ward
  • Melon_Bread - Stabasco Seamonster
  • df0 - Kunigundar Hellmkrieg
  • Billy Brown - Haldeen Vendaar
  • Straps - Mayonn Egg
  • Fuddle - Truly Scrumptious
  • Jasberfloob - Gipsy Danger
  • Jonster - Striker Eureka
  • Craww -Hemlock Ravenclaw
  • Aimless - Elika Skye
  • bcofn - Delekth Malys
  • Sane - Silver Haze
  • Ren - Sheala Gata
  • St Hubbins - Bert Macklin

FFXIV Useful Resources

The Seventh Umbral Era (Lore)

The story of FFXIV 1.0 and it's transition to A Realm Reborn (2.0). A nice read for those into the game's lore, and to clarify who certain characters and empires are (for me all the names got a bit "Game Of Thrones" confusing, and reading this helped).

The Lodestone / Rllmuk Linkshell Information (Moogle Server)

This is an official FFXIV hub that shows all character information. You can search for players, linkshells, and free companies on all servers here. We've not made our own free company yet (that requires someone at level 25 with 15,000 gil). We've gathered under the linkshell name Albionjr (you can use the list of names in this link or the character list above to send friend/linkshell requests).

Note: The Lodestone website is down until Phase 4 starts.

FFXIV Server Status

A useful website to bookmark. Displays all server statuses and when the next beta/launch dates are.

FFXIV Database

A full database of information on items, recipes, skill lists, vendors, and even maps that pinpoint all NPCs, sanctuaries, and FATE locations. Link to the map viewer.

Crafting 101

A very helpful introduction to crafting in FFXIV, and details what each ability and stat provide.

Guide On How To Dye

Everything you need to know about dyeing your gear.

Hunting Log Guides

Exact locations of mobs to kill for every class's hunting log:

Thaumaturge (In Progress)

Conjurer

Pugilist

Marauder

Lancer (In Progress)

Gladiator

Archer

Other Very Useful Spreadsheets

Class/Job Shared Abilities (as of Phase 3, 16th June 2013) - Easiest way to navigate: Select the column for your class, e.g. highlight column H for Pugilists, then scroll down to see which abilities the Pugilist can learn from other classes.

A better version of Class/Job Shared Abilities - Also notice the tabs at the bottom for further info about DoL and DoH classes, as well info about Limit Breaks and Combos.

Gathering Data and Coordinates - I haven't used this yet but I imagine it will useful for those who can't find a certain digging point for a piece of material.

Tier 1 & 2 NPC Crafting Materials - Scroll down a bit for the spreadsheet. It lists the items and which NPC sells them. You can also see how much the NPCs sell materials for, if you want a reference point for prices when selling materials on your retainer (retainers are obtainable around level 20ish as part of the main storyline progression).

• Upvote 5

Got a new PS3 today so will definetly be around. I was on Phase 3 so does that mean I have access to Phase 4?

Anyway I'll be on Moogle as Reii Tali

I am keeping Paru on Sargatanas but I will be re-rolling my character on Moogle. Name is not confirmed but I will update you with the new name and I shall come begging for a pearl :3

The producers letter looked quite good yesterday. I'm not a FF vet (only really played VII,VIII and IX) so most of the things that were getting people's knickers wet went over my head) but I'm really champing at the bit for this to start! My name won't be the same as I don't think Bruticus McSmash is appropriate for a Lalafell Arcanist ;)

Apologies for asking probably repeated questions - maybe it could go in the first post - what's the best option/place for pre-ordering this? I'm trying to resist but you all seem to love it so much and I want to get in on the fun :)

I'm also not sure if PC or PS3 is the best option? My laptop is pretty decent so I think it would cope well, plus it's a bit more traditional to have an MMO on PC isn't it... unless PS3 is amazing.

Apologies for asking probably repeated questions - maybe it could go in the first post - what's the best option/place for pre-ordering this? I'm trying to resist but you all seem to love it so much and I want to get in on the fun :)

I'm also not sure if PC or PS3 is the best option? My laptop is pretty decent so I think it would cope well, plus it's a bit more traditional to have an MMO on PC isn't it... unless PS3 is amazing.

Played both versions in beta and as nice as it is sitting on the sofa playing on PS3 I ended up playing the PC version more, it looks loads nicer and plays a lot smoother if your PC can cope with it, I would use a joypad tho, hooked my Xbox pad up.

Add me to the list please, character: Stabasco Seamonster

I bought the digital collectors edition from Greenman Gaming here. If there's a more popular place to buy it let me know and I'll stick it up on the OP.

Ok, after umming and ahhing I decided to go for the collectors edition from greenman gaming (which has a cash ask deal at the moment making it just £30).

It is a pre-purchase though so payment goes out now, which is what I want to do as the game comes out just before payday and I just got paid a few days ago :P

I was tempted by the boxed collectors, but ill never use the physical stuff even though it would be lovely.

Square have emailed me to say they will send me a PS3 beta code soon. Not sure if I should give it a go or not, I will be playing on PC, and part of me wants to hit it fresh :)

Awesome :)

Bear in mind that if you do get a beta code, then it's going to be for Phase 4 which means your prgress won't be wiped for release. (Unless there is a massive game breaking bug).

I'm not sure, the PS3 beta codes have generally come with a PC code as well. :)

Oh that's good. If I get both ill fire it up. It's all part of my long term plan to save money, by becoming an mmo recluse again who occasionally cycles :-D

Looking forward to it! However ill be on a different server with some mates as we have created our own linkshell on Odin Server. All the best with the LS and Free Company guys!

Does being on the beta during phase 3 get you into phase 4? I dont think my pre order through work gets me an early access code

A bit late perhaps but the boxed normal version is £16 at amazon and shopto, or £15 at zavvi.

Does being on the beta during phase 3 get you into phase 4? I dont think my pre order through work gets me an early access code

Phase 4 is open everyone can get inn

So is this proper cross-platform on the same server stuff? And you just play along with each other as if there's no freaky voodoo going on in the background?

That's quite a big deal if so, isn't it?

So is this proper cross-platform on the same server stuff? And you just play along with each other as if there's no freaky voodoo going on in the background?

That's quite a big deal if so, isn't it?

FFXI was cross platform on the PS2, PC and eventually the 360.

I will be on Moogle - Hambleton Finch

Fingers crossed for phase 4 on the 12th - a perfect birthday present :omg:

My birthday is the 27th so unless there a delay i'll get mine ^_^

Man, this week has gone so fast, but every time I see the date I think time is passing so slowly until this is released. :( I just had an e-mail from shopto telling me that the price of this has gone down by £2 as well, excellent bonus as I pre-ordered the PS3 version and redeemed my early access code (which means I'm not able to cancel my pre-order) before realising that being a 1.0 account holder I got the game free.

I've actually started FFXII again as ARR reminded me of it quite a lot. :wub: Playing the International Zodiac Job System version for some variation to my last playthrough, very enjoyable!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1