rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

4 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Yeah, Arsenal players holding VVD.... 

2058245218_Screenshot2019-08-24at18_23_06.png.347cd27262028cea7dfbdbc292011de8.png

Have you watched the replay? Sokratiss was pulling VVD's shirt so much VVD missed the goal and it was Sokratiss arm that stopped Guendozi challenging Matip. 

• Upvote 1

I thought it was Arsenal that had the copyright on saying we didn't see a clear error.

Poor clip nothing I can do sorry, but i'm not sure liverpool fans would see the foul anyway even if it was in 4k.

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

Have you watched the replay? Sokratiss was pulling VVD's shirt so much VVD missed the goal and it was Sokratiss arm that stopped Guendozi challenging Matip. 

I'm not sure you are watching the same game.

• Downvote 1

It never ceases to amaze me how players that clearly fouled insist on pointing at the referee, player, anywhere else insisting upon their innocence. Put your hands up, David Luiz, you were caught out fair and square.

Another of my many issues with VAR. Aubameyang was through, but offside. I get why they let play go on and if he’d scored it would have come back for the offside but he got a corner so the offside was never brought back. 

Whether the linesman saw the offside was close and let it go to VAR or missed it is unknowable, but if you assume the former, Arsenal got a corner they shouldn’t and wouldn’t have under the previous system. 

• Upvote 1

:lol: Luiz's ridiculous foul for the penalty still paying dividends for Mo's second goal too, as it was inevitably going to be a second yellow if he'd touched him.

Great result that, puts a bit of pressure on City to get a result tomorrow, which they will no doubt do, but if Bournmouth can batten down the hatches, then it could create a bit of nervousness. 

Just now, hmm said:

Our longest ever win streak in the PL, apparently.

Great performance.

Joint longest. Need to beat Burnley next week to top it. 

5 minutes ago, hmm said:

Not according to the coverage I was watching. 11 in 2014 and 12 now, IIRC.

I stand corrected. Was listening to something earlier that said 12 was our previous record. 

8 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Joint longest. Need to beat Burnley next week to top it. 

Longest in the Premier League era. Joint longest overall. 

1 hour ago, humdrum said:

I thought it was Arsenal that had the copyright on saying we didn't see a clear error.

Poor clip nothing I can do sorry, but i'm not sure liverpool fans would see the foul anyway even if it was in 4k.

Nonsense mate and you know it.  From first glance I was waiting for VAR to say no goal as I saw it from the same angle you showed,but then you see it from the other side and it's clear who is doing the fouling, and it isn't VVD.  So don't bother coming in here chatting shit when you no full well it was yet more rubbish defending from Arsenal.

That 20 minutes after half-time was blistering. Think most sides would have shipped more goals against us playing like that.

Sloppy end to the game but fine to have room for improvement and still be winning.

First time in new main stand, for a game at least (did the fantastic tour last year). Bloody hell its gigantic. Was sat halfway up and was still above the Sir Kenny stand. Kop sounded in full voice, everything is a-ok. These Reds :wub:

• Upvote 4

Just stuck MOTD on and watching the highlights. Thats 3rd goal really was fantastic piece if play and finish. Shame we conceded again, but a great win nonetheless.

Only team in the top 4 leagues to have a 100% so far. Long may it continue.