rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

41 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Let not forget that Alisson made a similar error against Leicester last season. 

Yep, and improved dramatically after it. Hopefully Adrian does the same.

Just now, dogsout said:

Yep, and improved dramatically after it. Hopefully Adrian does the same.

I think he will. Again you could almost mirror that for Alisson early last season, where he got away with a couple, then got caught out and stopped doing it as much. 

Adrian also made a couple of quality saves today at 0-0 and 1-0. 

• Upvote 1

The best goalkeeping errors are the ones that have no bearing on the result.

Good win today. Arsenal game already feels huge.

• Upvote 1

Just now, glb said:

The best goalkeeping errors are the ones that have no bearing on the result.

Yep, you could take up a poor position for a nothing shot whilst 1-0 up and dominating ;) 

The more I see him, the more I think we should go big on James Maddison in a near transfer window. He needs a little more about him with the press, but he has talent on the ball and would have fun with our forwards. 

37 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Where would be fit in? As one of the midfield three? Not sure he has the game for that yet.

Honesty, he'd be an upgrade on Shaqiri next season and offer some good competition to the front three, as well as in midfield. He has a good eye for linking up play and is full of creativity. 

It won't happen at all, but just a player I really like. 

No mention of Bayern snapping up Coutinho?

He seems to have gone from hero to zero ever since he left Anfield.

Was he not offered back to Klopp this summer? There had been talks of him making a comeback.

How are we supposed to know?

Tbh his time at Liverpool has past. He forced a move and he’s gone. Also not surprising it hasn’t worked out. Anyone who moves to Real or Barca for big money seems to be hated unless they are they literally play perfectly every single game.

23 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Emre Can has apparently been told he’s surplus to requirements at Juve too. Worked out well, lads. :hat:

Funnily enough Bayern are also looking at him!

Bayern has a buyback clause for him when they sold him to Leverkusen which didn’t apply when the buying club was from outside Germany which was how we signed him in the first place. I wonder how much Juventus want for him and of Bayern can afford it.

Im glad Wilson had a good start at Bournemouth who I’m surprised still take players from us after how underwhelming Ibe, Solanke and Clyde were for them.

I wonder if our other big stars might look at Coutinho and Can and think twice about moving. Could be an(other?) upside to losing them. 

I’m not sure the likes of our front three would have their heads turned as easily after a CL win and all the rest anyway, but it’s just another thing that might put them off if a big name tries it on. 

Depends on a multitude of factors from the player and their families, Klopp staying and also if our club thinks a transfer fee can be reinvested wisely. With a short career any one of them might be tempted by Real Madrid or Barcelona in the future, realistically the only two clubs that can afford any of the front three.

Enjoy them, and this side, as much as possible kids. We’ll be very lucky as supporters if this team is bettered any time soon.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, ryodi said:

Bayern has a buyback clause for him when they sold him to Leverkusen which didn’t apply when the buying club was from outside Germany which was how we signed him in the first place. I wonder how much Juventus want for him and of Bayern can afford it.

Sorry, what? How the fuck can that work? Bayern surely don't have any right to buy him back now from an old deal with Leverkusen?? :lol:

He’s a Bayern youth player and they had two chances to buy him back. Once when he left Leverkusen which they didn’t take and when he left Liverpool on a free. Juventus need to balance their books due to how much Ronaldo costs by selling players which they haven’t been very successful with so far this summer so I expect they’ll ask for a lot of money from Bayern in the same way Pogba cost United a fortune when they resigned him.

16 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Sorry, what? How the fuck can that work? Bayern surely don't have any right to buy him back now from an old deal with Leverkusen?? :lol:

Same here, i am also scratching my head. Can was sold for 5,5m from Bayern to Bayer. The buyback clause was only 1.75m but the selling on fee was set as 25%. LFC got him for about 12m so Munich looked like they had done clever business.

Can left Frankfurt for Munich when he was 16, so they must have earned a fair piece every time he moved on too.

Clubs that have had a pivotal part in training a player in his formative years are reimbursed with 1.5% of a transfer fee by the club that sells the player on. The rule still exists doesn't it?

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

He’s a Bayern youth player and they had two chances to buy him back. Once when he left Leverkusen which they didn’t take and when he left Liverpool on a free. Juventus need to balance their books due to how much Ronaldo costs by selling players which they haven’t been very successful with so far this summer so I expect they’ll ask for a lot of money from Bayern in the same way Pogba cost United a fortune when they resigned him.

I am sorry, I wrote my first reply same time as you, but he was a Frankfurt youth player. in fact both the german FA and Eintracht Frankfurt had put him in tons of commercials by the time he was 15. He never became the player that they had hoped for.

Personally i don't think bayern will go for can unless it is a loan deal, they will be buying Havertz next summer from Leverkusen for 100m plus. He is one of those players everyone should keep an eye on this season.

Various news outlets reporting that FSG will let current redevelopment plans expire before submitting ‘ambitious’ new ones.

Will involve Anfield Road and take capacity to over 60,000. So slightly less chance of not getting tickets.

An inch or two more leg room in Anny Road would be splendid. Hopefully will just be a single bank of seats rather than two tiers too.

I am nervous... teams around us have been faltering and we have a chance to open up a 5 point gap on Man City* early. It just stinks of a fuck up happening. Hope our usual fast start happens against this lot and those nerves settle.

*yes I know it'll be back down to two when they win tomorrow, but still

Lucky to get away with that Henderson mistake. Really need a plan B for attack as well, Arsenal are easily heading away all of the crosses into the box.

All of the Arsenal defenders holding VVD's shirt allowed Matip to score. If he'd missed you'd hope it would have been a penalty.

2 minutes ago, ryodi said:

All of the Arsenal defenders holding VVD's shirt allowed Matip to score. If he'd missed you'd hope it would have been a penalty.

Yeah, Arsenal players holding VVD.... 

2058245218_Screenshot2019-08-24at18_23_06.png.347cd27262028cea7dfbdbc292011de8.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Empathy 1