rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

With the quick succession of muscle injuries there is clearly something going on, I reckon he rushed back for the AFCON and it's spiralled from there.

He needs a decent rest period.

54 minutes ago, dizogg said:

He’s pulled up in training with a muscle strain, give him a fucking break. You guys sound like those mad twitter fans with a poor grasp of English.

He gets plenty of breaks because he’s always bloody injured.

Which is unfortunate but I think it’s a bit early to write the guy off. He’s been here 1 season, and has been fit for a good proportion of that.

Liverpool: Adrian; Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Milner; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Mane.

Chelsea: Kepa; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Pedro, Giroud, Pulisic.

A much stronger team from Chelsea than played at the weekend. I'm surprised Firmino is only on the bench. Should be a good game.

Yup, Gomez is clearly second best behind Alexander Arnold.

Is it Salah through the middle with Oxlade-Chamberlain right of the three or Mane central and Oxlade-Chamberlain left?

It's nice to have the option of swapping them about and still causing the opposition nightmares.

27 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Matip is having one of those games when he looks bloody useless.

I don't think you can blame the defence at all, the midfield were utterly dominated in the first half and Chelsea had it easy.

Firmino has transformed the team with his play, in the first half Jorginho had the freedom to do whatever he chose.

I was wrong in my initial post, Wijnaldum wasn't being missed. It was Firmino.

40 minutes ago, Adrock said:

I don't think you can blame the defence at all, the midfield were utterly dominated in the first half and Chelsea had it easy.

Firmino has transformed the team with his play, in the first half Jorginho had the freedom to do whatever he chose.

I was wrong in my initial post, Wijnaldum wasn't being missed. It was Firmino.

I think you can blame Matip and Gomez for the first half as much as the midfield. Both looked poor, especially Matip.

Firmino is just 8-)

Extra time...booooo!

It's not been great, has it? We're still not quite there, a lot of balls going astray. To be fair, Chelsea are putting in one hell of a shift, and Kante is a fucking destroyer, but we really should have had this wrapped up before now.