glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

Never a nice place to go. Can't see many teams getting a better result there this season. We will play better this season, but 3 points is all that matters. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Mane did incredibly there 

Yeah, great strength to hold off the defender, and then the speed and balance to still get round the keeper. He's so frustrating sometimes because you know how good he is, and what he's capable of, and then he buggers up the easiest things.

Excellent performance. Can't see Palace losing too many at home this season.

Shame it's Karius leaving and not Mignolet. I know who I'd prefer as second choice. Well, Danny Ward probably but we sold him. 

Great result last night. Solid performance again, the team is looking strong in all positions. Keita looks like he will be awesome for us, proper box to box player, Allison looks top drawer, really unusual not to be fearful when our goalie  has it in tight positions! Mane, Salah and Firmino weren't firing on all cyclinders but it wasn't necessary last night as the rest of the team made up for it. Love how hendo comes on and just slots in and starts spraying forward passes everywhere.

Job done.

Klopp mentioned this week he's not adapted to our game yet. He tried to put a positive spin on it, but it's worrying that we've spent that much on him and he can't even get on the bench.

Fabinho will probably make his debut in the League Cup. Klopp compared it to the time it took Robertson to adapt to the system so I don't think it's a negative that he's not in the squad.

The finish was sumptuous, laying to rest any doubts about the "difficult second season" that Man U fans are so desperate to spread. We're worth at least 1 more, and I think 2 or 3 will come our way 2nd half. 

Clear foul on Firmino by the Brighton keeper, there. What was Bobby meant to do, just watch him catch it? A defender does that and it's a penalty. Keeper does it and he gets a free-kick for himself. Utter bollcks, goalies are far too over-protected!

The balls on Alisson :lol:

I mean, that is definitely going to cost us a goal at some point, but it sort of feels like it's worth it?