glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

£12.5m for Danny Ward is a good bit of business.  20% sell on clause too so now when he's sold in a season  or two for £160m because we've thrown the GK market out of whack we'll have basically recouped the Allison purchase.

Maths isn't my wrong point. 

I know it is only pre-season, but Sturridge is looking very sharp whenever he is on the pitch. If he has finally bought into the Klopp plan and he carries this into the actual season then he becomes a very nice option to have. 

35 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Unfortunately Karius made another error leading to a goal so is getting all the negative attention again 

It’s strange, I feel sorry for the guy and he seems nice enough but other than some of the more outrageous shit people might be saying, he’s in a position where criticism has to be accepted. What’s he getting? 20-50k a week? I don’t get that in a year and sure, if I fuck up my punishments aren’t so public or unending, but it’s hard to feel that much sympathy for someone getting a bit of shit for performing poorly in a job they’re so well paid for. Politicians get just as much crap for ~£70k. 

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

I know it is only pre-season, but Sturridge is looking very sharp whenever he is on the pitch. If he has finally bought into the Klopp plan and he carries this into the actual season then he becomes a very nice option to have. 

Sturridge scores in the opener. Sturridge picks up an injury. Sturridge misses 18/19. 

Sturridge will always be the same, there is no point trying to convince yourselves of any alternate reality.

I watched the first half and it was ok, lots of control. Camacho didn't do much and Markovic looked lively but there wasn't really enough quality.