Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

24 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Fuck me, this is dull. 

Huh? What you watching?

That was a good half, we need that final pass to finish off.

Only worry is Adrian.

Just now, gospvg said:

Huh? What you watching?

That was a good half, we need that final pass to finish off.

Only worry is Adrian.

The opening half hour was devoid of fun. Improved after thankfully. 

Fabinho just oozes class. Imagine being a striker, thinking "No Virgil? I got this!" only to come up against someone equally as unshakeable? We're not about to start conceding boatloads, nor are we going to forget how to score. All is good.

So far, I reckon Ajax have got away with it a little. There has been some excellent but very last-ditch defending from them, and we could we'll have worked their keeper more than we have done on another night. That was a good 45 minutes, we were clearly the better team.

40 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Fabinho just oozes class. Imagine being a striker, thinking "No Virgil? I got this!" only to come up against someone equally as unshakeable? We're not about to start conceding boatloads, nor are we going to forget how to score. All is good.

So far, I reckon Ajax have got away with it a little. There has been some excellent but very last-ditch defending from them, and we could we'll have worked their keeper more than we have done on another night. That was a good 45 minutes, we were clearly the better team.

Fabindefenceho. 

1 minute ago, Chewylegs said:

When the fuck did Hunterlaar get to the age of 37?! :blink:

At his last birthday probably. 

I do remember him being a youth prospect in an old FM game though. 

Great result that after a tough weekend and with a depleted squad. Nice scrappy ugly 1-0 and Mo/Bobby/Mane/Henderson were all spared playing 90 minutes. Good stuff.

3 minutes ago, glb said:

Good win.

Jota is so, so good. Deserves a start on Saturday.

Who for? I am guessing the hour change were because the usual three start Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Who for? I am guessing the hour change were because the usual three start Saturday. 

On current form I’ll say Bobby.

Mane had a precautionary ice pack on after coming off, so might be moot anyway.

7 minutes ago, glb said:

On current form I’ll say Bobby.

Mane had a precautionary ice pack on after coming off, so might be moot anyway.

Bobby needs a goal to get some pressure off his back. He is still the best at the job he does, but is looking low on confidence near the goal. Minamino looks hungry, so maybe a good time to rest him so he can find his groove again. 

Be interesting to see how Fabinho does in the medium term at centreback as we played a lot deeper than we do with VVD. I also think Gomez looked better, as he HAD to be more switched on mentally without the comfort of Virgil.

I know it was only for a few minutes, but based on the two league cup games also, Rhys Williams looks like he will be some player at the back for us. He is big, strong, assured and has won pretty much every aerial ball he has contested. 

It’s not easy but I have to do what Virgil always does and talk to the team, try to be a leader. ‘Of course I’m not Virgil, but I’ll do my best.

Quote from Fabinho interview.

:wub:

It's a shame to have to play a world class holding midfielder out of position but boy is it a good thing we have him.

FFS just noticed the game tomorrow is one of those bullshit PPV ones, u assumed that the late kickoff was due to it being aired on regular Sky Sports or BT. Can get to fuck if they think I'll be paying for that, back to the illegal streams it'll be this week. 

#LFC v Sheffield United: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Fabinho, Robertson; Henderson, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Jota; Mane.

Ali returns!

Jota starts!

Streams will be running wild!