Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

18 minutes ago, glb said:

Brewster to Sheffield United for £23.5m.

One the one hand gutted to see him go but on the other that’s the first instalments for Thiago and Jota paid, which is brilliant business.

Edwards essentially managed to swap Brewster for Thiago and make a £3m profit. Plus a buyback and sell on bonus. Let that sink in. 

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Edwards essentially managed to swap Brewster for Thiago and make a £3m profit. Plus a buyback and sell on bonus. Let that sink in. 

FSG out though, innit ;)

Good business as will hopefully mean he'll get regular PL game time and then we can buy him back in a couple of seasons. So long as he continue to develop I reckon he's still got a future with us. Mane, Firmino, Salah atm. Jota, Brewster, Mbappe in a few seasons time. :D

I'll be sad to see Origi go, there's still a tip class player in there, but a lack of game time has really killed his development. His style of play doesn't really suit us either, so he won't get the minutes that Minamino and Jota will. Like Lukaku did last season, I hope he goes to a club that can get the best out of him and play to his strengths.

As for last night, it was a poor match, and whilst I'd have liked us to push on and win the thing, I'm not that bothered right now that we're out of it. There seems to be an unwritten agreement that it doesn't fucking matter these days anyway.

I don't think you can blame Origi's development on lack of appearances. He suffered that horrible ankle injury against Everton when he was playing the best he ever had for the club.

A couple of times he was hitting his stride he got injured. The injuries curtailed his development which then limited his opportunity at Liverpool.

Sorry, lads, but your clubs attempts to extort money from a smaller club to buy a player have failed this time.  Surely you cannot be serious when you expect another *checks notes* Premier League club that has *checks notes* made a profit every year for the last five seasons to blackmailed for *checks notes* £3m over it's last offer of *checks notes* £12m.  Even if that club has *checks notes* zero first team players fit in the position.

We simply won't stand for this bullying.

Or, to put it less sarcastically.

Full Jota debut incoming :omg:

We’ll miss Sadio’s pressing, he’s been immense the first few games.

Mane’s posted an update, thankfully sounds like he’s doing well:

B5ED47A4-E0AC-4CC0-A000-A9F44DE00190.jpeg

11 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Mane's tested positive for coronavirus. Hopefully it isn't too bad.

As a Villa fan I wish him well, but if he could pass it on to Salah, Firmino, Henderson, Alexander-Arnold, Roberton, Van Dijk, Alison and Klopp before kick off tomorrow then I think we might hold out for a draw. 

I know this is dogshit at the back but whats the point in VAR not giving penalties when its a clear penalty. We should just risk losing possession with throw in so its looked at straight away. I'm convinced the longer the game plays on the less likely they are to bring it back for a penalty.

15 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Adrian is fucking shit. I guess someone had to fill the hole left by Lovren. 

Bad pass back by Robertson but we have been shit at the back need to wake up.

2-0 gives them a cushion!