rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

Fuck.

Not sure Mig would have got that reception from the Kop...

Hopefully nothing too serious for Alisson 

• Upvote 1

We seem to setting ourselves up to be a second half team. No goals yet, but the intensity is well up. 

Klopp said that Alisson described his injury as like something hitting him in his leg which isn’t a good sign. I can see him being out for a few weeks at least.

Klopp is worried about Alisson saying he felt something hit hit the n the calf. Not good news.

Same thing happened to me in a game recently - I was certain someone had booted me from behind, but when I turned around to see who had done it nobody was there. It was really sore for the first few days and I couldn't run so I thought I'd be out for ages. I was back playing again a couple of weeks later. Hopefully Alisson's injury is even less serious. 

Apparently Alisson is out for 6 weeks. So we'll see if Adrian can do well enough in that time. 

Top of the league for less than 24 hours because City win comfortably. Welcome to the new season, same as the old season ;)

Only consolation with Becker is there’s an international break at the end of the month, so he’ll only miss four weeks of Premier League. Back to fitness for Sheffield United / Leicester.

Remember the drinking an ladish culture or 90s football? The Dentist's Chair and all that jazz?

Well Milner and Robbo have taken it up a notch!!

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

One of the best bits of that video is when Robbo chucks one of them away and you can tell he's close to saying "that can get tae fuck" but manages to stop himself. 

40 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Naby is injured again. I'm beginning to think weve bought a bit if a crock.

Image of a lemon appeared in my head when I heard the news.

Fourth such injury? Been an utter dud.

He’s pulled up in training with a muscle strain, give him a fucking break. You guys sound like those mad twitter fans with a poor grasp of English.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

With the quick succession of muscle injuries there is clearly something going on, I reckon he rushed back for the AFCON and it's spiralled from there.

He needs a decent rest period.

54 minutes ago, dizogg said:

He’s pulled up in training with a muscle strain, give him a fucking break. You guys sound like those mad twitter fans with a poor grasp of English.

He gets plenty of breaks because he’s always bloody injured.

Which is unfortunate but I think it’s a bit early to write the guy off. He’s been here 1 season, and has been fit for a good proportion of that.

Liverpool: Adrian; Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Milner; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Mane.

Chelsea: Kepa; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Pedro, Giroud, Pulisic.

A much stronger team from Chelsea than played at the weekend. I'm surprised Firmino is only on the bench. Should be a good game.

I'm glad he is on the bench, he is integral to our play so don't want any silly injuries from this game.

Gomez at RB is the only suspect in that team for me.

Yup, Gomez is clearly second best behind Alexander Arnold.

Is it Salah through the middle with Oxlade-Chamberlain right of the three or Mane central and Oxlade-Chamberlain left?

It's nice to have the option of swapping them about and still causing the opposition nightmares.

That goal was coming. Long balls to no one just coming straight back and Giroud would get a clear chance eventually.