rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

Just now, feltmonkey said:

I suppose all of Lovren's touches could be considered deflections as he seems to have no idea where they're going to go.

Which is the most important part :lol:

So

That isn't Lovren 'playing' the ball.  He is trying to kick it in the other direction and whiffs on it, making the ball 'slightly' deflect into Kane's pass. 

9 minutes ago, bradigor said:

So

That isn't Lovren 'playing' the ball.  He is trying to kick it in the other direction and whiffs on it, making the ball 'slightly' deflect into Kane's pass. 

He played the ball, being shit doesn’t make it a deflection - it’s really quite simple!

When discussing an offside, 'playing' a ball means to pass it into the direction of an offside player. Lovren clearly isn't doing that. He is trying to stop it getting through to Kane, who is in an offside position when the ball is played by his team-mate AND when he collects it. His position on the pitch means Lovren has to attempt the clearance. Thus gaining an advantage by being in an offside position. 

Had he been there, Lovren had intercepted the ball, played it back to Karius and hit it short to Kane...then that would see him onside as Lovren has then played the ball.

Nope.

Playing

Saving

Deflecting

They are the posssible options Lovern has in the scenario, he didn’t save or deflect it so he played it.

Yet countless times, a defender will get a ball skim of his head and an attacking player still gets called offside. That is because, when it comes to this, the ball has to be deliberately played towards the player in the offside position. Which is not the case here. 

Me and Shimmyhill right now

image.png.0164c7205c0449382e9d32b34a19b85e.png

Hehehe love it!

Im here until 0700 ;)

But lets just agree that Liverpool better first half, Spurs second and a draw about the right result - all the discussion afterwards is fun after a good match and the only parked buses were in the car park :) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Hehehe love it!

Im here until 0700 ;)

But lets just agree that Liverpool better first half, Spurs second and a draw about the right result - all the discussion afterwards is fun after a good match and the only parked buses were in the car park :) 

Oh yeah, I said above a draw was correct. Plus that penalty was irrelevant anyway as it was saved... :lol:

I much prefer games like this, than the boring shit United tend to play against us these days.  

• Upvote 1

I don't know why people are still arguing over that first pen anyway. Second one was offside and a dive. It's almost unbelievable how many times we've had shit like this go against us this season. I can't wait until it's the VAR naysayers crying in here after games instead of the so called LDF. 

19 hours ago, bradigor said:

Away from the offside bollocks... Mo Salah is such a class act. 

Why does he have to be so goddamn adorable? It really messes with my dislike for you lot! :wub:

• Upvote 1

Liverpool should've been 3-0 up, Lovren should've cleared it instead of letting Kane get the run for the penalty, Can should've cleared it before Wanyama scored his worldie and we should've shut up shop after Salah scored.

The ref being diabolical didn't change the game, Liverpool being gash did.

16 hours ago, SMD said:

Liverpool should've been 3-0 up, Lovren should've cleared it instead of letting Kane get the run for the penalty, Can should've cleared it before Wanyama scored his worldie and we should've shut up shop after Salah scored.

The ref being diabolical didn't change the game, Liverpool being gash did.

We’re a 24hr/365 day offy. We don’t know how to shut up shop. The shutters rusted open a decade ago and none of the current staff remember the procedure. 

• Upvote 1

That's nice of Mo an' all but, and perhaps I'm just a cynical and/or grumpy bastard, it kind of annoys me seeing these people in the crowd holding up signs asking for player's shirts. I've noticed it in a few games this season now. Soon there's gonna be loads of people all asking for the same shirt. Then what will happen? Someone is going to  be upset. Or what if a player doesn't give his shirt away? They'll be public enemy number one to the social media army. This needs stopping now.

On 06/02/2018 at 18:34, tbb said:

The shirt is probably already on eBay

The 'child' is an adult sitting on the shoulders of another adult.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

What? 

Poor attempt at a joke! About the very sudden trend of children appearing at various games holding signs asking for players' shirts, which lead me to think there would be imposters, like the opposite of a child sitting on the shoulders of another child wearing a long coat in an attempt to impersonate an adult.

On 09/02/2018 at 19:10, Kelthink said:

Poor attempt at a joke! About the very sudden trend of children appearing at various games holding signs asking for players' shirts, which lead me to think there would be imposters, like the opposite of a child sitting on the shoulders of another child wearing a long coat in an attempt to impersonate an adult.

Do you write stories about refugees for the Daily Mail by any chance?

I think he was probably having a joke about Azrael's post, which seemed more Daily Mail.

Is it that bad that kids hold up banners to ask for player's shirts?

Anyway, back to the game today. Liverpool win it 0-4.

Think I'll revise my estimation. I think 1-3 is the likely result.

Southampton have looked pretty threatening early on and they look likely to score.

Karius hasn’t done anything you wouldn’t expect a keeper to do, but he has done it which is more than you get from Mignolet sometimes. That cross that he readjusted for and palmed over, Minge might have let that in. 

Firmino casually Cruyff back heeling a 1-2 for Salah there. 

Good result, this is setting up nicely for the Man Utd game for the battle for 2nd place.