Radish

Tom Clancy's The Division

Is there a way to guarantee an exotic drop? Is it from a weekly Underground cache?

Been playing this a fair bit recently and it's still great. Massive seem to have streamlined some of the systems for Division 2 which I think is good as the endgame/stats/classified gear is a bit messy in D1.

Legendary Missions will drop Exotic caches once a week; also Hunters always drop Exotic items at the end of Amherst's Apartment, Grand Central Station, Madison Field Hospital, and General Assembly.

• Upvote 1

8th shield down!  Survival one and was utterly brilliant. Have conquered my fear of it and hunters now as well. Looking forward to going back in and messing with them. :)

/overconfidence 

• Upvote 1

certainly sucks you right back in this, im post level 30 but am playing solo as none of my friends play. If anyone fancies playing sherpa for the higher level stuff that would be great, I'm  on ps4.

I know what you mean! Be happy to tag along, just give me a shout if about as I'm chasing those shields (and a million commendations) down with friends.

On 29/01/2019 at 19:15, Janski said:

Is there a way to guarantee an exotic drop? Is it from a weekly Underground cache?

Been playing this a fair bit recently and it's still great. Massive seem to have streamlined some of the systems for Division 2 which I think is good as the endgame/stats/classified gear is a bit messy in D1.

I really hope this is the case.

I’ve had another crack at this the last couple of nights after falling off it last year and I still love the moment to moment gameplay. The guns feel great, the environments are fun to be in and the story and overall atmosphere is fantastic. I have been quickly reminded why it lost its shine after finishing the story missions though.

I’m just constantly left in complete befuddlement with the sheer amount of loot and trying to spec out just leaves me in disarray with all the points, mods, classified gear etc. Comparing perks on armour for instance is just such a chore. I'm probably worrying too much as to the relative benefits of most of it but some culling of some of the more superfluous elements would really help or at least a way to make sorting gear easier. Giving some personality to the weapons would make a difference too, I feel no attachment to anything like I do in Destiny for instance.

Also, message to Massive, give 3rd party devs access to an API, just ask any Destiny player that uses DIM as to its usefulness with sifting through loot.

Have been enjoying it overall though and I like the look of the shield challenges and may give those a go to see if it sticks this time and its worth giving Division 2 a look for launch or whether to wait for it and just do the campaign when its a few quid.

• Upvote 2

Agree with a lot of that. They've said they'll be QoL improvements so you have to assume that is for all the gear sorting and UI befuddlememts and definitely promised that the exotics will be obviously exotic. Sadly no API access from what I've read but it is crying out for it like you said.

I was also befuddled by all the gear sets, currencies and what's best gear wise but playing a lot more and watching a few videos made a huge difference. 

These specifically (there's 4):

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Len said:

Agree with a lot of that. They've said they'll be QoL improvements so you have to assume that is for all the gear sorting and UI befuddlememts and definitely promised that the exotics will be obviously exotic. Sadly no API access from what I've read but it is crying out for it like you said.

I was also befuddled by all the gear sets, currencies and what's best gear wise but playing a lot more and watching a few videos made a huge difference. 

These specifically (there's 4):

I used the same videos to sort my gear out when I was playing this. Wish every YouTube guide was like that guy’s. Straight up, no bullshit, gets to the point and tells you exactly what you need to know. “These gloves are shit. This is a grand ‘Fuck you’ from RNG. It’s trash” :lol:

• Upvote 1

Forgot how nails some of the high level stuff is on this. Matchmaking seems to be nonexistent and going solo on some of the challenging missions is just suicide. Are Incursions worth doing now? Tried a few before and they were just bullet hell nonsense. 

Notsure I'll be able to get any of the shields done now so may just mop up collectibles and do some DZ. 

Really, that doesn't sound right. Always seems to be people about to matchmake with and like you say you need them for Legendary missions and whatnot.

I've never bothered with the Incursions after nightmares from the first one so avoid them always. Just not fun to play, for me anyway. 

In other news...Big Alejandro dropped this evening! :) So 9th Shield down, Marshal. 

Now it's all about chasing two more classified sets (nightmare) and getting those commendations. Currently sitting on 64% (1940pts).

Last Shield info turns up tomorrow. Please be nice. ;)

• Upvote 1

Interesting, so do they all have to be classified pieces? I have one set which I don't use I can start working on. Annoyingly used up most of my credits to supe everything else up recently but hopefully shouldn't take long.

Also, what do you reckon is best for farming classifieds? LZ boss runs or Pier 93?

10th shield down, Chieftan. :)

Need one more set of classified gear (4/6 on two of them) for one of the others and then the commendation grind to 3000 begins for the other (1970 currently).

Nice one.

Did you get the last dlc (last stand) and so able to use it for commendations? I only got up to Survival but thinking I might invest if it makes things easier.

edit: Apparently I have it with the season pass but don't think I ever downloaded it! Might have stopped playing after Survival originally I think. Can't seem to find how/where to on psn app/store but will find it.

Did a late night session of Survival on this with natural light settings and it’s still one of the most intensely atmospheric experiences you can have in games. It’s phenomenal.

With battle royale being the current fad it feels like they missed a huge trick with Survival. Randomise the loot locations and you’re golden. Probably still a bit too hardcore for the masses but even so it’s a mode that really never got the wider attention it deserved. I sadly don’t think we’re gonna see its return in Division 2 as it’s the setting of an intense blizzard in the depths of a brutal winter that makes it what it is.

• Upvote 2

It really is utterly terrifying at times, absolutely love it. An overlooked masterpiece of dlc I honestly think.

Surely they'll try something in 2 though, swampy hazy heat but agree it could be difficult to replicate the sheer terror of the blizzard.

• Upvote 1

The only other game I can think of that has made me feel so unsettled and fearful is initial forays in to Dark Souls. Heart in the mouth stuff and still not as much as Survival. It's a perfect combination of setting, atmosphere, sound/music/sfx and turning the game on it's head.

• Upvote 1

Is the Survival DLC still something I can buy from within the game on Xbox?

Finally gonna pick up an X, and a second-hand copy of the original game to tide me over until Div 2 launches. Fucking loved the TD2 Beta.

Also will the X automatically download the X enhanced version when I put the disc in?

Once you are setup I'll run some Survival with you if you want @jonamok. In my experience it's best run as a pair rather than 3/4 otherwise the supplies are too sparse to spread around and you end up spending too much time faffing about the LZ looking for stuff.

Just need 2 more survival loot extractions now to finish my shields :) 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jonamok said:

Is the Survival DLC still something I can buy from within the game on Xbox?

Finally gonna pick up an X, and a second-hand copy of the original game to tide me over until Div 2 launches. Fucking loved the TD2 Beta.

Also will the X automatically download the X enhanced version when I put the disc in?

I noticed on psn there was deductions across the board on game and dlc/season passes. Could have been due to the beta for 2 running? Maybe something similar on xbox?