Sign in to follow this  
toythatkills

Trials Fusion (PS4, PC, 360, One)

2014. PS4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 :omg:

xtrialsgames.png.pagespeed.ic.zTqNYf3qpw

Also a thing called "Trials Frontier" for mobile, which is 100% cast-iron guaranteed to be shit, because you cannot play Trials on a touchscreen. It is impossible. Literally impossible. Even for RedLynx.

MORE AS WE GET IT.

• Upvote 3

Trials style games run fine on my Nexus. Theres at least 2 games similar.

They play like shit. Every single one. There is probably no game that requires as much precision in its controls as Trials does, and touchscreens are a million billion miles away from providing that.

Here are some impressions of Trials Frontier.

Spoiler; it's been so fucked in its ass with microtransactions that it sounds like the worst game ever. If you can even call it a game.

Instead, the game is most often about amassing a collection of junk. A mission might involve collecting some suspension springs which means finding a course that contains springs, finishing it, and then hoping that you win the right scrap on the random roulette wheel.
Here's where the free-to-play stuff comes in. If you didn't get the springs, you can either race again or just spend gems - the game's premium currency that's given out in small quantities or bought with real money - on more spins.
You definitely don't want to race again because that will use one of your five fuel cans. When those cans run dry you'll need to spend coins or gems to refuel or put your phone down and wait.
Money has an impact on races, too. If you can't catch up to an opponent you'll need to upgrade your bike which means chasing after scrap components (or just buying them with gems), spending coins (or real money) and then waiting for a timer (or spending gems to expedite the tune-up).

Ruined! :(

The "fuel" thing, whilst not new, is really getting on my nerves in f2p games at the moment. So you want to play for free, have a good grind? Sorry, you can only play 5 times then wait; we control your grinding. It's just another way to frustrate players into paying out.

OT, but it's a shame when they take a quality idea like Trials which would, with a bit of a change to the controls, be suited to a phone, and totally wreck it making it f2p.

And people thought £1.99 games were killing mobile gaming.

• Upvote 1

F2P is fucking everything in the ass. Have they said what the game costs?

Fusion will be a normal game and hopefully without any microtransactions.

Frontier is the F2P shit.

The F2P shit is most definitely annoying, but I won't be spending a single penny on that as Trials has always been about user created tracks for me. Most of the really good ones end up being better than the tracks created for the game.

I think this is the first proper footage of Trials Fusion? Some absolute twat plays for ten minutes or so:

It actually looks... okay. As in I'm not pathetically excited like I was for Evolution, just okay. It doesn't really have anywhere to go from a pure trials perspective and while more tracks is awesome, the direction they go in with the trick levels just looks absolutely shit. The presentation is pretty sterile, too.

I'm ashamed I've now counted toward that pewdepie's hit ratings :(

I've never seen any of his stuff but just his face and weird chuckle at the start made me think 'ttk was right, this is some sort of cunt' and then pewdepie came up at the bottom so I stopped out of principle.

Glad you mentioned it was a vid by someone like that, I just want footage but there's no way I want to effectively help pay for a living for some twat to act like a cunt over said video. This fucking internet, eh.

I'm obviously still buying it because it's Trials but.,. man, I'm just so much less excited today than I was yesterday before I saw any footage. The jump from HD to Evolution felt massive but this is just more of the same. More of the totally awesome same but... I hoped for more, I guess, by which I don't mean shitty tricks.