Sign in to follow this  
Dinobot

EDF 2025

Found a sweet way of getting good weapons with the ranger. Already taking a 300 health guy into inferno and mopping up some level 50-60 guns with him. It looks awesome too, using dual snipers and a lot of fast switching to inflict incredible damage.

I took my basic 200 health ranger into mission 2 on hard a few times, got some decent gear, repeated the process for an hour ratcheting it up to inferno. Ended up with some level 40-50 weapons pretty quickly. I got a Lysander 2 sniper, 2000 damage per shot with 2 second firing delay, and MMF something, 800 per shot with no delay. With some fancy switching you can take down an inferno hector within about a minute. Ive been farming mission 23, the one with 10 hectors in the city.

[edit] to clarify, start with Lysander. Zoom, fire, switch to MMF, zoom, fire, fire, switch, zoom, fire, switch, fire, fire. etc

Yes, play level 11 on Inferno and hide under the bridge:)

Tried a bit of farming on Inferno on here last night.. Didn't get anything over level 20 over 5 tries - insult to injury.. got a bloody level ZERO sniper rifle on the last one! :angry:

Did have a better time online though over the weekend - had trouble with a group getting through level 50 on either Hardest (I think) on Friday.. They just all kept piling in and getting slaughtered, leaving me hopping round trying to revive them and eventually getting killed.. It's the one with multiple tunnels spewing out red ants and spiders and then you get hit overhead by tons of wasps..

Joined another group on the Saturday (this time with voice comms) and got a bit more coordination going on.. had them hand back and shoot the crap out of the first tunnel and any red ants & spiders from range while I flew up onto a nearby rooftop and took out the spider tunnel with a sniper rifle. They then pressed forward to take out the nest two nests while I picked the wasps off as they appeared, jumping from roof to roof then up onto one of the huge towers as we pressed in to finally close the wasp tunnel.

So much fun! :D

• Upvote 1

Dont hide under the bridge, thats the worst place to go. Just stay back, until there's only 5 ships left. Even then its not a great farming area, it takes ages. You need to keep notching up to different levels, else the green box drops dry up. Each level seems to have a certain number of items it gives out, then greens become rare. The best farming level is Mission pack 2, level 16 in the caves, but you need some decent level 50 weapons to survive it. Silver spiders on it drop the top level stuff, like level 80 weapons, but theyre 5x stronger than standard inferno brown spiders. Im starting building up to around 2000 health on my wing diver and ranger (currently 950 and 500) to then dive in here and nab some top stuff.

Oh and if you run 2x characters, then farm split screen. Player 1 gets the weapons, but you'll split the health pot with your other character.

Im sick of the cheating lobbies too, people with 100,000 health running games, whats the point? Id rather earn it legit.

I've been playing multiplayer on this, up to around mission 18 or so on hard. I keep getting loads of weapon drops, but they're all ones I already have, often like 5-6 multiples of the same weapon too. Am I being unlucky or do different weapon drops unlock at say mission 20-30 or something?

Oh is that a thing? I thought the 360 was pretty tight when it comes to online tomfoolery.

So did I but apparantly not,. im guessing you can copy a dodgy save onto a legit 360's hdd.

There was also a (mostly complete) list of the weapons for each class..

The doc it was from was pretty messy, so I ripped out the relevant info and tried to separate it into one doc for each class..

Ranger

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=8AD007DC1B5BF91D!623&app=Excel&wdo=2

Wing Diver

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=8AD007DC1B5BF91D!624&app=Excel&wdo=2

Air Raider

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=8AD007DC1B5BF91D!627&app=Excel&wdo=2

Fencer

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=8AD007DC1B5BF91D!628&app=Excel&wdo=2

• Upvote 2

That table's pretty interesting- might just be me being unlucky, but I'll keep trying new missions and hope I find something new! It's just depressing getting a nice long list of weapons at the end of the mission, to see that none of them are new :(

I picked up an excellent "Stampede" grenade launcher after returning to this today; like the Goliath Z, it can make short work of Hectors, and it's also useful for instantly removing troublesome webs. Plus it's just great when you have some distance and feel like carpet-bombing an area :P although that can be pretty dangerous...

I'm impressed that the game's still throwing new enemies and scenarios at me and not feeling repetitive. The introduction of the

earth eater

enemy was particularly epic and nailed the feeling of B-movie doom :P

I've finished all the missions in single player using a ranger. Do love the constant drip feed of new weapons, enemies and other shenanigans. The last level though. Massive pain in the arse. I honestly have no idea how certain classes are going to be able to do that solo, hard enough with a particular ranger setup.

Also slightly disappointed by that weapon list. I mean by level 90 I want an assault rifle that shoots a bullet, which then passes through every enemy in the level, picks up my paper and delivers me tea and toast in the space of five seconds. I'd say it would be asking too much but this is EDF and I just tried out the Proteus.

• Upvote 1

Apparently only 13.

Eh?? 85 single player, another 10 or so online, and then 3 mission packs. Its not a game you'll remotely finish for months, and if you want to beat inferno it'll be literally years for each character.

Eurogamer review joke, yo.

Completed the last 3 levels (92-94) on Hard while online last night.. Wasn't too bad.. (esp considering we went in with 4 and one dropped out about 5 mins in!) Added another couple of high level weapons.. though annoyingly (of course) not the types I tend to use often.

Haven't actually finished the last dozen or so stages in SP yet.. Should probably do that now.. burn through Normal at least before redoing it on a decent difficulty level..

Last stage took ~ages~ as the other players insisted on taking out ALL the guns etc on the mothership each round - even those too far out to be any trouble..

Got a shedload of armour though.. nearly got my Wing Diver up to 1000HP now.. :)

Also.. Insect Armageddon is on sale (£7.50) on Gold this week.. but (for anyone who skipped it) it's really EDF in name only.. it doesn't compare to 2025 (or 2017.. or GDF for that matter!)

It's not ~horrible~ but it's short, the weapons feel underpowered, there are far fewer enemies at once and it just doesn't feel much like EDF..

I would advise even getting IA, its one of the most joyless slog games ive ever played, and I put a good 20 hours into trying to find the fun. I had to turn the music off, sound effects up to try and make them less weedy, the levelling system is completely unsatisfying, the classes are boring, the pale wing cant even fly properly. It looks nice but my god, it plays like garbage. Levels take forever too.

IA was ~slightly~ better online (3 player co-op?) and I kinda liked the bellowing Hectors.. but while the framerate was more stable.. I didn't think it looked particularly good.. Everything was dull shades of grey, orange and brown - plus the city really lacked tall and detailed buildings - there was only one small area of the city that had anything above 4 or 5 floors tall..

Think it was also the case that there were no enemies you could kill quickly - everything from the basic ants took a bunch of shots even after getting a few more powerful weapons.. clearly done to keep the numbers down..

Oh and I HATED those fucking ticks.. Just annoying!

I liked the graphics and sound effects, but enemies were bullet sponges...hectors took forever to take down, the weedy little rockets didnt help matters either. Every time I saw another tank bullet sponge giant spider i would groan. The active reload bullshit was awful too, the window was far to small and it made every single reload annoying. Thats every..single...reload of a gun would be a minor stress over hitting the active reload, or having a deliberately slow one.

Youve brought back the memories now, i hate IA, absolutely despise it.

Does anyone else find the various EDF chants (to the tune of "Battle Hymn of the Republic") hilarious/brilliant? When I first started playing I thought they might just have two or three "stock" songs but there seem to be loads of them, all with lyrics loosely inspired by whatever situation they're in. :D I almost feel bad when I'm in the middle of a battle and can't stop and listen...

Yes but online?

Yeah, people have been playing in hacked lobbies and the like since at least the days of Modern Warfare 2. Save hacking many games is incredibly easy.

Amazing games on this tonight, farming inferno level 70 odd with some people, the one with 2x queen wasps underground. Got some level 80 odd weaponry for my air diver, and even cheekily took in my shit ranger with the group, and earned him some level 70 guns too. The game is basically PSO with more monsters.

Yeah, people have been playing in hacked lobbies and the like since at least the days of Modern Warfare 2. Save hacking many games is incredibly easy.

Ah that's disappointing. I rarely play online these days and assumed MS were still really strict about banning users doing that sort of nonsense.