rllmuk
Dark Soldier

Nathan For You

Yes, I've been meaning to make a thread for a couple of weeks. It's incredible. In lesser hands it could be really quite a mean spirited show but Nathan Fielder gets the balance just right -- he manages to come out with some amazing stuff without it ever really feeling nasty. Last week's episode with the petrol station was the best thing I've seen for a long time.

Apparently viewing figures haven't been great but he's definitely starting to catch some buzz so I just hope he gets the chance to make some more.

Oh, you've got some great stuff to come then. Yeah, the petting zoo stunt was great and pretty crazy how well it took off. The bit with him warning the guy to keep quiet about the video by the train track was gold.

I'm doubtless going to look foolish now but what's ASiP?

EDIT: Sorry, got it. Always Sunny, presumably.

I've only ever seen the first episode of Always Sunny. It didn't grab me but I do read a lot of good stuff about it so I should give it another go.

But yeah, enjoy episodes 3-5!

• Upvote 1

BB implored that I watch it on Twitter,and I'm so glad I did. Jizzed my way through the firs four episodes, and the fifth is downloading. Hooray.

Such a good show. Fucking hilarious, and I mean that: not just chucklesa and an occasional guffaw; I was loling throughout.

And then i watched them again with my girlfriend, who adores it too.

• Upvote 2

I think I broke a rib when Nathan was telling that Asian dude they could do whatever they wanted with the footage of him on the toilet, and he just shrugged it off.

Also 'can I touch the fat pig?'

This is great. When you hear that something is supposed to be laugh out loud funny you have doubts, but this really is. I really liked H. Jon Benjamin's appearance. I hope they keep them simple though, although they were hilarious they were beginning to stretch the 'believability' in the big items in episodes 4 and 5.

Watched the first couple now. There is an Ali G feel to it. I loved the confidence interviews in the first episode. Never heard of this show before, so thanks for bringing it to my/our attention.

Is it reallyany good? I watched that clip above in the OP and the only funny bit in the whole eight minutes was 'Are you a penis expert?'

That hasn't exactly set my expectations high.

Watched it because of this thread and overal enjoyed it. I think it works best when Nathan keeps it simple and has one simple idea to 'help' a business. When he starts to explore how he can help himself personally such as the dating thing in episode 5 it totally falls apart.

Loved the clip and am downloading the episodes that are out. Hope it delivers.

Is it reallyany good?

The clip is half of the first episode. If you didn't laugh at that, then don't bother with any more.

When he starts to explore how he can help himself personally such as the dating thing in episode 5 it totally falls apart.

I loved that bit.

Watching episode 2, this is amazing. It's Trigger Happy TV taken up two notches.

Anone watching this? One of the best new things in a long, long while:

Its...yeah, just watch all the five episodes now k

:D

That was great. Will have to look out for this.

Not sure if this is news to anybody else but if you, like me, has had assumed this week's would be the last one, the good news is that there are in fact eight episodes in total.

• Upvote 2

Thought the first episode was okay, loved the second one.

"if he choked on it, maybe"

:lol:

I can't see that video but is it The Claw Of Shame because I had that on the TV last night and my wife was working away and could only hear the TV and she went fucking bananas about it until I pointed it out that it was a comedy show and not some weirdo America reality show.

Yeah, it is the Claw of Shame! I'll have to check out the full episode tonight. Looking forward to it.

Absolutely incredible stuff. I love how he's played with the format of the show with the Claw of Shame and the dating show a couple of weeks back. Some highlights from this week's show:

• "Well, I wouldn't bounce because I'd stop when I got to the balls."
  • Utterly destroying the kids' parents with the line about taking $100 in exchange for potentially having their children exposed to a dong
  • The claw being Windows 95 operated
  • The massive consultant credit (with photo) at the end

I thought the gag was going to be that he would fail the challenge and be arrested but then escape the cops by picking their handcuffs.

• Upvote 1

Christ that was creative genius right there. So much good stuff, I loved the failed business models especially the idea involving pets.