PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

I think the Rest issue might be related to uploading save games, as if I only play Destiny -- which doesn't save anything to the console -- everything works fine. Changing settings likely doesn't affect anything, unless you're turning off connectivity but then there's little point to using Rest in the first place.

It's certainly an annoying bug, but I suspect it will be relatively easy to isolate.

I think the Rest issue might be related to uploading save games, as if I only play Destiny -- which doesn't save anything to the console -- everything works fine. Changing settings likely doesn't affect anything, unless you're turning off connectivity but then there's little point to using Rest in the first place.

It's certainly an annoying bug, but I suspect it will be relatively easy to isolate.

If it's cloud save related, signing out of PSN and then back in might fix it permanently. That fixed my previous cloud save issue a while ago. That might have been firmware related also.

It's a shame that Sony didn't find such glaring bug during testing.

My console switches off after an unspecified time in Rest Mode". I have no problems switching it back on, but seeing as it can't stay in Rest Mode I'm now just switching it off right from the beginning.

But yeah this is a totally minor problem. Genuinely laughing at the "I'm going to send my PS4 back to Sony direct" throwing-the-toys-out-of-the-pram comments.

Why the hell aren't you lot switching off your PS4s fully when you're not using them? They waste a shit load of electricity in standby.

I leave mine on standby so I can remote play. Which I use a hell of a lot.

I think you need it on standby for that?

So, you really are willing to be part of the population willing to waste electricity, waste cash, generate excess heat and sacrifice what's left of the planet for a few minutes of convenience?

I'm far from perfect, but we can all do our bit, eh folks?

I'm simply using electricity. It's upto the energy companies to supply renewable electricity, not mine.

Doesn't the PS4 guzzle electricity? I just turn mine off, don't see any reason whatsoever to keep it on standby.

Downloads are fast for updates and if I buy a game then I can wait the 20 or 30 minutes it takes to grab the first playable chunk.

I seem to have no issues with the update including using Rest Mode. Have to say, friends list and store as well as messages load super fast now. Makes me realise how slow Xbox One is when I update that this afternoon in the preview programme.

Not had chance to Share Play yet, can't wait to see how that works. Love the new themes as well.

The problem is, of course, that the PS4 has become upset about the change of the Standby mode to Rest mode.

The PS4 is a beast of a system, with so much inner energy that it is always "ready" and never "resting".

It is always ready to spring in to action and therefore on "Standby". So this bug is really just a protest by the PS4 hardware.

Could anyone help we have two ps4s one I play and my son plays both with our own psn plus account. Thinking of going digital now with games so we can play online together. I know how to set it all up but if I preorder the new Cod on psn can we pre download to both ps4s?