mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

Why are the Red and Blue controllers so rare? Were they recalled after stick gate? I just can't fathom why it would be so difficult to slap on some different shells during manufacturing.

Also £55 for a controller, for such a mass produced item that shit is crazy. Remember when a first party pad would cost £25 at the absolute maximum. Sad times.

• Upvote 1

Why are the Red and Blue controllers so rare? Were they recalled after stick gate? I just can't fathom why it would be so difficult to slap on some different shells during manufacturing.

Also £55 for a controller, for such a mass produced item that shit is crazy. Remember when a first party pad would cost £25 at the absolute maximum. Sad times.

I reckon they switched all three production lines to black to keep up with console demand/replacing worn black controllers.

Got my spanking new PS4 yesterday and felt like a kid again when unwrapping it from the box. First impressions, I love the look of it, the blue/white light that runs along the top is beautiful and the size of the console makes my 360 look massive in comparison. The controller is a joy to use, a mix between the old duel shock and the 360 pad, it has a lovely weight to it and I'm liking the touch pad in the middle. One thing, how can you tell if the controller is fully charged? Not sure what everyones beef was with the USB cable, it's plenty long enough.

The UI is much better than I expected although it will take some time to get used to from having a 360 for so many years, and the Ps+ store seems pretty simple to navigate (downloaded Stick it to the Man)

If anyones keen for a game sometime my user tag is ChewyLegs1, I've only got Watchdogs at the moment though.

One used Xbox360 with games to be sold on Saturday me thinks!

• Upvote 1

Roughly how much use do you need to put in to see the joypad stick rubber wear off? I have a launch unit, and I've been using it fairly regularly, but no mammoth sessions so far and it doesn't get used every day.

One thing, how can you tell if the controller is fully charged?

Keep the PlayStation button held until you enter a menu with close application / adjust device options. The battery level is displayed on the lower part of the screen.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, you'd need the stand due to the placement of the vents. For that same reason, I've heard it's better to pay out for the official stand; to the best of my knowledge it has ventilation holes, whereas not all the third party versions do. Having said that, I don't own one, so I'm only offering launch-period recollections here.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-vertical-stand-243486?pageSize=20&searchTerm=Ps4%20stand&catGroupId=

The bottom edge of the left stick has smoothed the grip on mine now to the point where it's noticeable enough to be annoying, are there any particular attachable grips that come recommended here?

The bottom edge of the left stick has smoothed the grip on mine now to the point where it's noticeable enough to be annoying, are there any particular attachable grips that come recommended here?

I've posted this a few times now, but these are what I got...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grip-It-Analog-Stick-Xbox-360/dp/B003NSLGW2

Says they're for 360 / PS3, but they fit the PS4 as well. Mine have had over 200 hours of hammer and are still fine - the left one gets most wear and now looks a little shiny compared to the right, but has no other signs of wear and the grip on them is excellent.

EDIT: given this gets asked pretty frequently, is it worth adding links to recommended stick covers / how to fix sticky shoulder buttons to the first post in the thread?

• Upvote 2

What's the deal with the PSN ios app? Whenever I launch it these days it take about 2-3 minutes to load with just the PS logo and a crawling progress bar - I'm pretty sure it used to launch almost instantly.

Does anyone's ps4 overheat when playing a disc based game. Slightly concerned it's gonna go the same way as my 60gb ps3

Are the fans going crazy?

Mine did that when it didn't have enough space at the back to vent the hot air away. I've moved it since and it has plenty of space and the fans don't go bat shit anymore.

Does anyone's ps4 overheat when playing a disc based game. Slightly concerned it's gonna go the same way as my 60gb ps3

If it's making a lot of noise with the disc in and not any other time it's the drive, no overheating.

Yes the fans are going crazy, will try and move it or cut a larger hole in the back of my tv cabinet

Yeah, unless you've got a dodgy console, that'll be overheating. I have it in a fairly open position and have been impressed by its ventilation; it gets warm to the touch, but no more. How much space does it have at the sides? There are vents there, after all.

Is there any real graphical upgrade in this?

I'd expect it to be comparable to

maxresdefault.jpg

but a google image search suggests no one gives a shit either way.