mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

We were on at Samsung to release the drive. Took them 6mths while OEMs got them to stick in enclosures since the original announcement at the start of November.

Meanwhile the first couple of stripdowns on m9t based external drives were fruitless.

I'd be wary of half price 2tb externals, might be old stock with drives that cant be striped.

Unless that's confirmed otherwise?

The day I follow technical advice from someone who doesn't know how to orientate their phone for video recording is the day that I up-vote a 'Ranting Robots' review :lol: aka never!

• Upvote 7

We were on at Samsung to release the drive. Took them 6mths while OEMs got them to stick in enclosures since the original announcement at the start of November.

Meanwhile the first couple of stripdowns on m9t based external drives were fruitless.

I'd be wary of half price 2tb externals, might be old stock with drives that cant be striped.

Unless that's confirmed otherwise?

Confirmed insofar as discussions on Reddit, HotUK and the US Sony Community site with individuals saying they've bought it and done exactly this. Mine gets delivered tomorrow so I'll have a go at installing it in the next week.

The day I follow technical advice from someone who doesn't know how to orientate their phone for video recording is the day that I up-vote a 'Ranting Robots' review :lol: aka never!

Not sure "stick a screwdriver in here and rip the cover off" is technical advice really. Also, the video isn't me.

• Upvote 1

Super Pole Riders is 2 or 4 players. It's from the inventor of QWOP, mixed with the camp aesthetics of Mount Your Friends. Somewhat infuriating controls as you might imagine. You're a pole vaulting guy in day-glo Lycra. Move with left stick, control the angle of your pole with right stick. Kick people in the face, try and kick a ball into the goal. Quite funny, less immediately engaging than Hokra, time will tell how it stacks up when we can more reliably control our guys.

PS4 has some good local multiplayer now. Somebody should tell the Hidden In Plain Sight guy to get on there.

I'm kind of expecting VizionEck to fill the HiPS void on PS.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/09/introducing-vizioneck-ps4-fps-difference/

Of course I could be totally wrong about it being similar, but it seems to imply the same type of game.

PS noob question: How do I know if my gamesaves are backed up to the cloud? (I am a PS+ member)Is it automatic or do I have to specify on a game by game basis?

it should do it automatically but you can check specifically under settings then saves data management
  • Upvote 1

As far as E3 gifs go, this one is a good one. :)

iKrEzh3Bl9oMr.gif

steven2.gif

Please tell me Gravity Rush 2 is real and is coming out over here, not just some wank fantasy from whoever made that gif. I bloody loved the first one and with a few tweaks it could be truly wonderful.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 14

I really hope I'm wrong about The Last Guardian not being shown but at this point I can't face the disappointment of another no show again. I'm sure we'll get another comment of "we're still working on it". For me it's up there with Beyond Good & Evil 2 as a game I just don't care about until it is actually in my hands.

Gravity Rush looks incredible. Screw all those games listed in that gif (seriously I think you're being played), I just want a whole batch of quirky games that will offer something different to shooting or stabbing people. That's why I bought my PS4.

hi all

My PS4 keeps dropping audio - goes off completly for a few seconds then comes back. switched HDMI cable which seemed to work for a while but its back again. Anyone had anything similar?

hi all

My PS4 keeps dropping audio - goes off completly for a few seconds then comes back. switched HDMI cable which seemed to work for a while but its back again. Anyone had anything similar?

Sounds like a bad HDMI socket. See if it's on the TV end or the PS4 end by plugging something else into the TV or plugging the PS4 into a different TV.

• Upvote 1

So Diablo 3 has a date. 19/8/14. Really Blizzard? 3 weeks before Destiny and with Driveclub, Batman, The Order and no doubt many other heavy hitters arriving shortly. What the feck has taken them so long?

Was half expecting an E3 "end of June" announcement its been so quiet so long, was hoping for this to see me through summer and between that launch window and second wave window. I'm not sure I will even bother now tbh. Very disappointed. I think they have been waiting for a bigger install base, it may backfire on them.

If you're interested in having a bigger HDD (I am, mine's already reached it's limit), but didn't want to pay £149 for a 2TB drive, then:

- buy this for £90: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G7LQA1E/?tag=ho01f-21

- rip the drive out of the enclosure like this:

- do the normal upgrade

The drive inside the enclosure is the Seagate M9T 2TB drive. You may read about issues with it in the PS4, but these have been confirmed as fixed in the latest update.

Note: it is only a 5400rpm drive so you won't necessarily get a drop in load times etc - this is just a cheap way to get a heap of storage sorted for the foreseeable life of the console. I only want to be doing the swap once, so I've taken the plunge.

Just installed mine tonight, took hardly any time at all and saved the enclosure too. It's all working fine and is downloading updates etc as I type.

• Upvote 2

Just made sure the saves we're in the cloud. I've then signed back in with my PS+ ID and am working through the long process of re downloading everything. Once the games are reinstalled I'll be able to download the saves again.

I guess I'll then have to check the settings and stuff as well, but ho-him, it's why I only want to do it once!

All I did was work through the official Sony guide, and all was well.

• Upvote 1

so, my new pad arrived, along with the thumb pads for the old one. Should I put them on straight away, or wait for them to deteriorate further?

My wife surprised me with a PS4 for my birthday yesterday but no games. I haven't been keeping up with the PS4 news since release so I need a quick update, help me get up to speed:

What's good?

What's not?

I have grabbed Resogun, Dead Nation, Stick it to the Man and have everything else from PS+ but is there any retails games worth the money?

Did Knack turn out to be any good? Killzone? Metal Gear?

Is the Camera worth it?

In before the Knack hate. A few of us really liked it. Many did not. I loved it. If you like brawlers, it's well worth a second-hand purchase.

• Upvote 3

don't bother with thief4

DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIEF 4.

COD single player is OK, I haven't tried the MP, but BF4 has better MP and a decent if short SP.

imho KZSF has the best single player.

in terms of price/content MGS is good.

I'd pick lego marvel over knack, for a 3D brawler

rayman is worth a shout too.

AC4 can restore your faith in the series.

Tomb Raider is a quick-fix gaming experience. BUT maybe not worth a double-dip if you've already played it (I have it on PS4, PS3, and 360)

NFS Rivals is the only driving game atm, so don't get it just because...

I have the camera. I have Just Dance 2014. But Graham_S says it doesn't work so well, so it's not been tried yet.

I think that's everything I have. It's weird, but the PS+ stuff, because it's free... not so much. I didn't get on with resogun, too scared to play outlast, dead nation gives me flashbacks to Loaded on the PS1, contrast is ok, and so on and so forth.

• Upvote 1