mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

Got my PS4 ordered and paid for with Shopto (no confirmation email yet!!!) but need some info on this PS+ deal.

Can I just go to the local Smyths/PC World/Game and buy a subscription card and activate it that way or is there more to it?

Cheers,

Indy

Got my PS4 ordered and paid for with Shopto (no confirmation email yet!!!) but need some info on this PS+ deal.

Can I just go to the local Smyths/PC World/Game and buy a subscription card and activate it that way or is there more to it?

Cheers,

Indy

Nope. That's it.

PlayStation has always been dedicated to offering players a rich variety of entertainment options alongside the core gaming experience, and with PS4 we’re very happy to continue that tradition.

Today I can confirm the full list of entertainment apps that will be available at launch for PS4 this Friday. In total, 18 services will be available across the SCEE region, with one more following on 4th December. And it doesn’t end there. An additional 20+ apps will follow between now and Spring 2014, including the likes of TuneIn, Game One, Filmo TV and MUBI.

All of the services listed below can be enjoyed without subscribing to PlayStation Plus. Take a look and let us know which ones you’re looking forward to booting up.

Releasing 29th November:

• Music Unlimited (UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand)
  • Video Unlimited (Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK)
  • IGN (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Qatar, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK)
  • BBC iPlayer (UK)
  • VidZone (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, UK)
  • Amazon/LOVEFiLM (Germany, UK)
  • Netflix (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, UK)
  • BBC Sports (UK)
  • BBC News (UK)
  • Wuaki.tv (Spain)
  • Total Channel (Spain)
  • Demand5 (UK)
  • Maxdome (Germany, Austria)
  • RTBF (Belgium)
  • NOS Sports (Netherlands)
  • Ximon (Belgium, Netherlands)
  • Watchever (Germany)
  • Viaplay (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)

PS4 has a section on the store now - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PS4CAT

There's a FIFA demo, that'll do me instead of buying the bloody thing.

Awesome hope there is a need for speed demo.

• Upvote 1

PlayStation has always been dedicated to offering players a rich variety of entertainment options alongside the core gaming experience, and with PS4 we’re very happy to continue that tradition.

Today I can confirm the full list of entertainment apps that will be available at launch for PS4 this Friday. In total, 18 services will be available across the SCEE region, with one more following on 4th December. And it doesn’t end there. An additional 20+ apps will follow between now and Spring 2014, including the likes of TuneIn, Game One, Filmo TV and MUBI.

All of the services listed below can be enjoyed without subscribing to PlayStation Plus. Take a look and let us know which ones you’re looking forward to booting up.

Releasing 29th November:

• Music Unlimited (UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand)
  • IGN (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Qatar, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK)
  • BBC iPlayer (UK)
  • VidZone (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, UK)
  • BBC Sports (UK)
  • BBC News (UK)
  • Wuaki.tv (Spain)
  • Total Channel (Spain)
  • Demand5 (UK)
  • RTBF (Belgium)
  • Watchever (Germany)

Awesome hope there is a need for speed demo.

• Upvote 1

Have just made room in the TV cabinet myself, I decided to take the 360 out and keep the PS3 in for GTA V, Gran Turismo 6, Dark Souls 2 and Lightning Returns.

Excitement rising.

Ah, oh well. I was hoping the SOR number on my reciept may have been the number or something. I have an idea as to why my order is still processing, and I'm wondering if this is the case for others as well.

I ordered the Killzone bundle on its own around 30th October - and Prepaid for the console 11th November. Then, on the 15th November I pre-ordered NBA2k14 and NFS Rivals. Shopto took the money for that order 18th November, and it's only after that happening that I got an actual order receipt for my console - on the 18th November Shopto put my console and the orders for the two games into one order. That was only Monday last week.

So I'm guessing my order is on a list of "day one deliveries" but just hasn't been packed up yet due to the order being only put together on their system just a week ago. This would perhaps explain why some are getting tracking numbers and others aren't. At least, I hope that is the case...

Not entirely sure I'm understanding your point but just to clarify the situation, I ordered my PS4 in May and paid for it along with some games in June. When Watchdogs was delayed I ordered Battlefield instead and when I was offered the megabundle I used the saving to buy NBA2k14. All have been paid for since September at the latest I think. Ages in advance anyway. I received the order receipt on the 18th too but have nothing since.

I thought that maybe people who had games coming in one package might be waiting longer but apparently not. Some people with games have had emails and some with just a console have not. There appears to be no pattern to it.

Releasing 29th November:

• BBC iPlayer (UK)
  • BBC Sports (UK)
  • BBC News (UK)
  • Wuaki.tv (Spain)
  • Total Channel (Spain)
  • Demand5 (UK)
  • RTBF (Belgium)
  • Watchever (Germany)

No NBA Game Time App, disappointing especially has they have it in the US.

No NBA Game Time App, disappointing especially has they have it in the US.

You should be able to download it from the US store and use something like unblock-us if the app itself requires a US IP.

I'm getting the Killzone bundle but will probably put the camera straight on eBay. Can't see any reason to keep it, aside from a little go on Playroom. Voice commands don't really interest me and streaming my beautiful face to the world isn't something that appeals. Is there anything in the horizon worth keeping it for?

I'll buy it off you for £35!

• Upvote 1

PUMPED!

I can finally get excited.

Tesco have confirmed that I have a console and that they're opening Midnight. I have a copy of CoD, Battlefield and FIFA on the way and my brother is coming over Friday evening to play tons of FIFA.

I'm suddenly really excited for Friday!

• Upvote 7

PUMPED!

Tesco have confirmed that I have a console and that they're opening Midnight. I have a copy of CoD, Battlefield and FIFA on the way and my brother is coming over Friday evening to play tons of FIFA.

I'm with you Elmo. Really pleased Tesco came through for you. Interesting game selection.

I was put off FIFA following the news they had removed a load of game modes including offline tournaments and be a pro. It's just frustrating.

Sounds like Battlefield will have been fully fixed by Friday so that has now been added to my list.

Which currently is....

Killzone (pack in)

AC4

Battlefield

Need for Speed

And now I've just been paid expenses so I'm tempted to try the camera too AND the vertical stand.

STILL no mail from Shopto. Still processing. I'm really excited.

• Upvote 1

I'm with you Elmo. Really pleased Tesco came through for you. Interesting game selection.

It's just what I could get from PR people. I'm sure i'll get something else in a bundle or something.

PUMPED!

I cant make my mind up about FIFA, had almost decided not to bother then of all the reviews to sway me back towards buying it was the digital spy one today.

Also, more than two players competing for the same header confirmed!!!11!

I approve of this! I'm going to see what I think but I'm not expecting to find much of a use for it so I'll PM you next week. What would you use it for, more facejizz broadcasting?

Well exactly, isn't that what it's for?!

If you live in or around London I can pick up to save you having to post it.

• Upvote 1

Oh, and it will have Netflix on launch

Releasing 29th November:

Music Unlimited (UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand)
Video Unlimited (Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK)
IGN (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Qatar, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK)
BBC iPlayer (UK)
VidZone (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, UK)
Amazon/LOVEFiLM (Germany, UK)
Netflix (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, UK)
BBC Sports (UK)
BBC News (UK)
Wuaki.tv (Spain)
Total Channel (Spain)
Demand5 (UK)
Maxdome (Germany, Austria)
RTBF (Belgium)
NOS Sports (Netherlands)
Ximon (Belgium, Netherlands)
Watchever (Germany)
Viaplay (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)+

Releasing 4th December:

Quickflix (Australia, New Zealand)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/26/playstation-4-launch-entertainment-apps-revealed/

• Upvote 1