mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

Follow the link and there's 2 bundles (though the deal applies to others not listed too). Both come with the camera and one also with Move for an extra $50.

Actually, looking around, the camera seems to come as standard these days.

On 11/9/2017 at 08:14, Shimmyhill said:

The fuck has happened to the PS4 app, I know Sony are the company to avoid when it comes to UI design but how did that get past even the weakest of testing - it doesn’t even have a landscape mode ffs.

It's getting an overhaul, according to Android Central. Hopefully you're not seeing the new version there!

It's the new one he is talking about. It's much slicker looking than the previous version, but a bit confusing and unintuitive. And some icons are in a totally different visual style from others!

There is a PS Button Icons button and a PS Logo Button! You have no idea what these do until you tap them.  The PS buttons icon goes to the 'home' page, which for some reason is your friends' activity feed, because insanely they seem to want you to use it like Facebook... The big PS button brings up a ridiculous sub menu with randomly placed icons that scroll off the side of the screen. 

Screenshot_20171113-012412.png

Screenshot_20171113-012710.png

Has anyone here had any issues with range using the newer DS4 that has that thin strip of light bar on the touchpad? My older DS4 is great, but this is a replacement newer DS4 now and the range on it is dire. If I'm around 8 feet from the TV it keeps losing connection.

Happy 4th Birthday PS4!

Really was the year Japanese gaming came back, and the nostalgia hit hard, which is what I've tried to capture this time, and kept it short:

Previous years:

• Upvote 8
  • Empathy 1

How is the PS4 Slim, noise-wise? My original model somehow makes the same kind of racket that my launch 360 made by the end of its seven year life, so I might need to buy a replacement. It actually puts me off playing games on the thing these days.

7 minutes ago, Nequests said:

How is the PS4 Slim, noise-wise? My original model somehow makes the same kind of racket that my launch 360 made by the end of its seven year life, so I might need to buy a replacement. It actually puts me off playing games on the thing these days.

I've just got a slim and it's very quiet. Especially compared to the racket my old PS3 slim was making recently. Even with a game running from disc I can never hear it at all

• Upvote 1

Ah, that's great. Thanks! 

I was wondering if I'd just become too used to the silence of the Switch, but I'm playing that new Uncharted now and the noise is pretty ridiculous.

58 minutes ago, Nequests said:

Ah, that's great. Thanks! 

I was wondering if I'd just become too used to the silence of the Switch, but I'm playing that new Uncharted now and the noise is pretty ridiculous.

Well that's the game that taxes the system the most!

I recently traded in my increasingly noisy 1Tb model for a Pro and it's been very quiet so far. I was avoiding playing the old PS4 as the noise really put me off so I tended to stick to my Xbox one as that really is very quiet. I'm getting much more use from the PS4 now that I'm not worrying about the noise.

8 hours ago, Nequests said:

Mine sounded like a 747 earlier this year playing Horizon and I was seriously considering buying a Pro as the noise was so bad. I ended up taking the case off as a last resort and there was a load of dust inside. One hoover later and it’s been completely silent ever since. 

You should open it up and give it a clean to see if it makes a difference. I’m like Edward Scissorhands when it comes to this kind of task and found it pretty straightforward. There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing you how to do it. 

• Upvote 1

What do people think will be the lifespan of the PS4 pro? There's all sorts of talk and you can never tell with console manufacturers. I've the choice of the slim / ps4 pro at the moment. However I don't know if I will realize the full benefits of a pro, I don't have a 4k tv yet (though I suspect I will pick one up one day, just not in the near future) so yeah if the pro's only going to be around another 3/4 years it may not be worth me picking one up. If the consoles are going more down the upgrade route and not a new generation then it might be worth it?

If you use a standard PS4 on a 4k tv, is it really noticable? As in would it just run as if you were on a bog standard tv? Or would you experience more slowdowns?

I'm leaning towards the slim at the moment as I just don't think I would appreciate the upgrade as much as some people...

PS4 came out 2013. Pro came out 2016. 2019 is probably the earliest we’ll see something new. But no one really knows.

Native 1080p stuff still looks great on a 4KTV.l, but if you’re open to trying out PS VR at some point then I’d just get the Pro.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

PS4 came out 2013. Pro came out 2016. 2019 is probably the earliest we’ll see something new. But no one really knows.

Native 1080p stuff still looks great on a 4KTV.l, but if you’re open to trying out PS VR at some point then I’d just get the Pro.

Already tried that fortunately (had it when it first came out), granted it was on a bog standard PS4 the motion sickness really got to me so I don't think I will pick it up again. Not anytime soon anyways.

But thanks thats enough to make my decision anyways. I'm going to stick with the PS4 slim for now.

Some highlights from the black friday PSN sale, then:

GT Sport £24.99

FIFA 18 £34.99

Assasins Creed Origins £38.99

Need for Speed Payback £35.99

Uncharted Lost Legacy £14.99

COD WW2 £46.74

Life is Strange: Before the Storm : £13.99

The Evil Within 2 £24.99

Tom Clancys Wildlands £21.99

Shadow of War £32.99

F1 2017 £27.99

Destiny 2 £35.74

Wolfenstien 2 £24.99

Horizon Zero Dawn £24.99

Tekken 7 £24.99

Persona 5 £27.49

Tales of Berseria £19.99

Nier £29.99

DBZ Xenoverse 2 £14.99

FFXV £15.99

Nioh £20.99

Knack 2 £14.99

Uncharted 4 £17.49

Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection £14.99

Bloodborne £11.99

Witcher 3 GOTY Edition £13.99

Ratchet and Clank £11.99

For Honor £18.89

Star Trek VR £19.99

Sports Bar VR £5.99

Battlezone £10.49

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mars said:

On sale for $199.99 on amazon.com with free UK shipping :)

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Slim-1TB-Console/dp/B071CV8CG2/?th=1

says

+ $70.76 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to United Kingdom

and

Order Summary

Items:GBP 156.09

Shipping & handling:GBP 13.45

Total before tax:GBP 169.54

Estimated tax to be collected:GBP 0.00

Import Fees DepositGBP 42.05

Order total:GBP 211.59

maybe it'd be free if I had a US prime account?

Ah, gits!  The message on the product page originally said '...and free shipping to the United Kingdom' and now says '+ $70.76 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to United Kingdom'.