rllmuk
Wahwah*

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

yes!

got some proper old skool vibes from that!

making me look forward to seeing em at download!

i also cant believe they are still going after ...20 years!?! i still remember the first time i heard spit it out, it was on the radio one rock show...and it was..epic!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, 5R7 said:

yes!

got some proper old skool vibes from that!

making me look forward to seeing em at download!

i also cant believe they are still going after ...20 years!?! i still remember the first time i heard spit it out, it was on the radio one rock show...and it was..epic!

I like it alot despite its simple construction.

Im not a fan of the production though. Could hear zero bass on my headphones at work and the drums seemed to have too much high mids, like tin cans. I guess some of them are like tin cans but still... Also about 3db too loud.

still better than the last 10 years of stone sour I guess.

So, apparently The Damned Things released the follow-up to 2010's Ironiclast called High Crimes at the end of April and I didn't know. To be honest I'd ever given up hope of another album but as they were one of the best live bands I've seen I'm glad they have done it. On first listen I've really enjoyed it, although losing Rob Caggiano (lead guitars) and Josh Newton (bass) from the lineup but only adding Alkaline Trio's Dan Andriano (bass) has slightly changed their sound, but it still works, for me anyway.

New Baroness album is superb. I wish they'd dial down the shitty mix/distortion style - seems like a waste of very talented musicians - but it's as bad as Purple for that. 

Edit: I changed my mind. 

• Upvote 1

On 18/05/2019 at 19:30, robotattack said:

More stuff for the Maggots

I remember being enraged tjat slipknot were headlining above (or equal to at least) Slayer circa 2005 on the big tour they did with Mastadon and Hatebreed iirc. However, they blew me away, literally and figureatlivly, my stomach ached after the kickdrum barrage and general pecussiveness of the music. Incredible.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else been listening to the new Baroness album? The production and mixing is absolutely appalling (again, Purple had the same problem but if anything it's worse here). It's a real slog to listen to the whole thing because of it. Why do bands do this? Who wants their work to forever sound like it's on AM radio? 

just putting it out, that Slipknot at Download, were fucking epic! :D

also, Alcest, a band i only heard of thanks to this very thread! were good to!

oh, and this new thing from Killswitch! ...i like!

On 24/06/2019 at 19:20, Flub said:

i had to click on that,...wha!?! LMAO!

At first i thought, it was a straight up babymetal clone...then...there seemed to be some rap metal, but then...a scream! and then j-pop lol amazing! in all the wrong ways lol :)

• Upvote 1

On 22/06/2019 at 13:32, deerokus said:

Anyone else been listening to the new Baroness album? The production and mixing is absolutely appalling (again, Purple had the same problem but if anything it's worse here). It's a real slog to listen to the whole thing because of it. Why do bands do this? Who wants their work to forever sound like it's on AM radio? 

I want to like this band/album but I always end up thinking they need an editor to distill the best bits (and a better producer), if they tightened things up they'd have released some truly great albums.

Yeah, I feel the same sort of way. 

As for the producer, Fridmann has a definite preference for cranking everything and then heavily compressing and introducing distortion to the point of ruining the music, but he has produced some great albums that sounded very good too, so I'm not sure it's just down to him. 

Been listening to a bit of Vanden Plas recently, they've got a compilation set coming out soon and I often forget how good they are:

3 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

New Opeth sounds good, the new album has both English and Swedish versions :huh:

Sabaton did that for one of their albums, actually it was for their best album. The Swedish version of that album arguably sounds better with the music and certainly more in keeping with the material, since it's a concept album about the rise and fall of Sweden as a major imperial power, but it's fun to sing along to the English version and to know what the songs are about (which is what everything else they release is in). 

(Spotify actually has three versions of that album now, the combined version as well as separate Swedish and English versions (different bonus tracks). 

Swedish is a language which sounds really good singing heavy music. Some languages don't. 

Meanwhile Opeth are a band I have always really enjoyed from afar but never really devoted myself to or seen live. I should rectify 

Did not know they were doing this... awesome.

As part of the upcoming 'Burn My Eyes' 25th Anniversary Tour Robb, Jared, and original BME-alumni Chris Kontos and Logan Mader went into Sharkbite Studios in Oakland, California and re-recorded their debut album in-its-entirety.