rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Spainkiller

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U - Ryu, Cloud, and... Bayonetta, baby!

I like Link too. And Palutena seems good. I have NOOOOOOOOOOO idea what I'm doing, I'm playing it on intensity 2.5 I think. I'm winning most of my fights but they're slow drawn-out affairs where people rarely go off the stage. Small beginnings...

Basically you're just trying to chip at them to increase their damage then trying to smack them off the stage via smash attacks and other strong hits. It helps to know what the characters you're facing can do so you can anticipate their attacks and dodge them. Get in and do a few basic attacks and the odd throw, then when they're around 100% try and get smashes in.

Chucking in items makes for tons of potential fuckaroundary, especially in multiplayer. The potential for being an asshole to your friends in this game is amazing, which is why I love it so much.

• Upvote 1

Y4kN2OB.jpg

Well I'm glad that's out of the way. That Kirby one where you gave to go around eating shit was cuntola. The Duck Hunt one nearly had me throwing my pad at the wall, so much so that I had to do it on Hard immediately after because I wanted to put it behind me forever.

• Upvote 1

Well I'm glad that's out of the way. That Kirby one where you gave to go around eating shit was cuntola.

Yeah, I still need to do it on hard, because I can't get a Challenge box without it :( Am NOT looking forward to it, it's so luck based!

'Cuntola', though :lol:

Standing in the tree shooting towards the right with the Super Scope or the phaser gun seemed to have the higher success rate. You'll have to wing it back down to pick up a fresh one when you run out of ammo though, so best doing that during an interval at say 6/7 ducks.

Oh, no, I've done that one :) Went pretty easily for me, actually. It's the Hungry Kirby one that's giving me nightmares.

I'll try again tomorrow. Apparently absorbing a Dedede is the way to go as it ups the power of healing items by 50% if you inhale items instead of picking them up.

Also: 110 challenges done, 30 seemingly impossible ones to go!

Shopto have only just sent my dispatch e-mail. Their website said dispatch would be Wednesday. :hmm:

I received a dispatch email on Tuesday evening from ShopTo. Expecting it today...

Shopto have only just sent my dispatch e-mail. Their website said dispatch would be Wednesday. :hmm:

Mine still on processing :/

I was also told the GCN pad will not dispatch till Friday for a 'if you are lucky' Saturday :/

Well other have it so i should be able to play!

I'm just out of the office after our first 8-player sesh. It was absolute chaos! I was surprised to see people settle on one character after they started grasping the move-sets and working out how to stay on the levels. One guy even managed killing all seven others with Pit's Final Smash, I was in hysterics whilst the rest of them didn't fully understand the magnitude of what just went down. Classic stuff.

After that we tried 2v2v2v2 which was probably the highlight from a tactical standpoint, especially as the pair of underdogs kept winning with their dual Ganondorf abuse. ><

I can't wait until tomorrow, everyone's going to be talking smack and strats like it was back in school when SF2 hit. :)

I only received a dispatch notification from ShopTo for the game + adapter this morning :|

Download code doesn't work - so much for pre-loading the game. At 17gb, I'm definitely not going to be playing this until late Friday or early Saturday.

(In case you're wondering why I have both, I swapped the disc + adapter for GTA V on PS4).

Edited by shirubagan

My local game is doing a black friday/launch double event at midnight. Shame I have to be up early tomorrow, not that I would buy their over priced shit, they'll probably want £15 for the amiibo's or something.

120 challenges done, 20 agonizing ones left, haha. I used one golden hammer on the "clear All-Star on Hard with everyone" challenge as I hate grindfests, but now that I've done All-Star on Hard with eight characters (including Duck Hunt, who has an amazing f-smash) I'm kind of sad that I used that hammer. It's a very doable challenge once you know the levels well and you know how to read the AI; it just takes a while to complete.

I've yet to do all the Smash Tour challenges as well. That mode bores the fuck out of me. Ugh.

I managed to clear Classic on 8.0 with my boy Ganondorf, but oof, it's so damn hard when you go beyond 7.0. Master Fortress ain't nothing to scoff at either; there's a lot of things in there that insta-kill you :/

Anyway, fantastic game. And I've got a GameCube adapter so I'm now playing this with my trusted Wavebird and all just feels right in the world.

• Upvote 1