Thor

Elite Dangerous - Beyond: Ch 3 due 28th August

Well even though I'm a decorated hero of the glorious Federation and despised by everyone in and around Mukhang, and even though I'm fully allied with all the factions in Sol and can earn several million credits taking on a few missions from there at a time as opposed to the meagre sub-100k credit missions I'm getting being allied to the Mukhang Symposium, I have decided for the time being to make the Nerberger (?) Hub in Mukhang my home. I have already transferred my mighty personal fleet there (Sidewinder, Eagle and Vulture) and am committing myself to the Symposium cause because (1) I'm a Mukk'er, (2) I want to get a greater understanding of how factions/politics work, and (c) I'm hoping to take down the whole Empire from within.

Cmdr Karzee (Xbox)

• Upvote 1

I was working my way up the Federation ranks and had just made Ensign, but the call to arms for the Symposium has made me question my loyalties and I've thrown in my lot for the Empire.

Cmdr Jim Starslinger (PC)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Strategos said:

Im alliance in Powerplay, should I ditch that ? 

I had originally pledged allegiance to Zachary Hudson of the Federation, but haven't ever really contributed anything to Powerplay.

I have however just defected to Aisling Duval as her influence, and alignment to the Empire is the closest proximity to Mukhang

We really are in a backwater aren't we?

Our population is 17.6M. But of the 25 next closest systems, none are above 6M in population. Most of them are in the thousands.

I wonder if we can steer our expansion towards somewhere more populated, or if we have to grow in a blob-like fashion from our home...

• Upvote 2

Never done powerplay. Posters on the official forums and on reddit whinge about it constantly... But the saying goes those who are happy playing are happily playing... So, is powerplay fun?

Not really. I've only dabbled a bit when I first signed up with the Federation (I thought this was the only way to get a permit for the Sol system) and it didn't seem particularly engrossing as a lone pilot. I'd probably get more into it if we were to all be aligned to the same power and all targeted the same agreed systems for defence/expansion. There are definitely some perks to be had for doing it (the more you do each week the more you benefit) plus being aligned to a power means your reputation goes up quicker when doing missions for that power.

This game is very much about getting out of it what you put into it.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Argh said:

We really are in a backwater aren't we?

Our population is 17.6M. But of the 25 next closest systems, none are above 6M in population. Most of them are in the thousands.

I wonder if we can steer our expansion towards somewhere more populated, or if we have to grow in a blob-like fashion from our home...

Yeah, who was it who found the system again. The benefit is that we won't be ribbing up against other player factions immediately and that we should expand quite rapidly

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Danster said:

Yeah, who was it who found the system again. The benefit is that we won't be ribbing up against other player factions immediately and that we should expand quite rapidly

I agree - given our size, a bubble of smaller systems slightly off the beaten track seems potentially quite manageable

Cmdr Padaxes docked in Sudworth Vision. Enjoying the view of the local mudball through the er.. girders.

I have cordial relations with the Symposium for trading some rare goods. First step complete :) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Danster said:

Just read this back and it sounds snarky, I wasn't being snarky, I just missed a ;) Argh knows me well enough to know I was only kiddling, but others may not.

is it too long a jump for you? 

Just playing, got a passenger who's a criminal (hey he's high paying) as I left Nuremberg I get scanned and then blown up in second! Doh... anyway restart and the passengr is still there and the mission is still on! Ha... heat sinks and silent running from now on ;)

Oh and we are not in an election state yet, we are in Boom, so double influence for trading and combat missions still count for now.

24 minutes ago, Blu3Flame said:

Get in touch with Frontier and they'll refund you the loss.

For some reason I now have a bounty in Maker, so I'm beginning to think I was actually blown up by the station rather than crashed by my autopilot.... maybe... I dunno it's only money, it's the big paying luxury passenger and losing my allied status with the Symposium that really annoyed me.

Am at work so I'll watch that later, what's it about roughly?

Chatting to Argh last night we both agreed that having a civil war would be much more fun than an election, is there anyway to influence what method is used to take over? Like if we all did more combat missions is it more likely to result in war than if we do deliveries, passenger and trading ruins?

The video is about passenger missions and the great money that can be made doing them. He recommends NOT taking on criminal passengers because of a possible bug which he demonstrates, getting blown up extremely quickly when nearing a base.

Ah right, yeah heard about that one, apparently the base itself opens fire on you. Just means you have to be a bit sneakier ;)

The weird thing is when I lost my Beluga I wasn't carrying a wanted criminal, but I was killed so quickly it must have been the base attacking me.

They do make good money though, took a business man on a 600ly trip for 10m cr last night.

I haven't played lately due to moving apartments. I am really tempted to return from my exploration trip and see how things develop in MUKhang, even though I do not like Empire at all. But I know I will probably not get much opportunity after I return to see the core (I am not an explorer per se). And making good money from exploration takes a huge amount of time. Are there any passenger missions that pay good and take you to the core, for example? I haven't checked.

Yes, I think there was a mission to take someone to the core for 56million but I've seen others for about 20mill, I guess it depends if they are VIP passengers. I even saw passenger missions to go even further. There might be a time limit on some of them though so you won't have time to do any scanning. Someone mentioned a passenger mission to Sag A with a time limit of three days.