Thor

Elite Dangerous - Beyond: Ch 3 due 28th August

I think we should look into influence more. I read something that said if you capture the main outpost it's harder to get the rest in the system. Trouble was it was dated Dec 2015 so might be changed now.

Oh for the days of printed manuals!

Depends whether we feel that we need every base in a system. I'm not particularly bothered if we don't. I'm more interested in seeing how many systems we can take over... :)

It says in that wiki, if we hit 70% influence then our next war will be with the controlling faction. Or, we might end up with an election if our feudal ways are close enough to whatever government type the Emporer's Grace is.

It is complicated though and we need to keep an eye on our status because different actions get better influence friending on our status. For example in boom times you get double influence for trading missions.

You need to keep it that high for <x days> to trigger a war or other conflict. Not sure how long it needs - could be a few days for the next "tick".

Definitely keep an eye on the status. Some are better for trade, some are better for bounty hunting, etc.

If anyone doesn't mind having a bounty in Mukhang (and I guess also doesn't mind losing rep with the Empire), they could kill any ships they see that belong to the controlling faction, especially system authority ships - that should knock their influence down.

Or play it safe and only focus on RLLMUK missions, trade, bounties, exploration data...

Well I now have a bounty on my head from two of Mukhang's factions meaning i fly around the system with 'WANTED' displayed on my console, and when i fly to the surrounding Empire controlled systems it changes to 'HOSTILE' because I'm a high'ish ranked officer aligned to the Federation. Basically nobody likes me. :D

• Upvote 2

I was racking up the delivery missions last night and that attracted a lot of attention from pirates. I had some fierce battles, some I had to eventually run from, others I fought tooth and nail to win, but most were epic. This one wasn't:

"I just want cargo"  Ha!

Probably my fastest kill ever.

• Upvote 2

Neatly done!

Should have scanned him though.. more rewards :D

I WISH they would allow you to either store a cargo hold or leave goods on another ship- I did a long run for some Engineer stuff and stopped off at my current fave base and found I couldn't move to my Viper (to make some kills and finish off collecting ingredients) because I had 50 cargo and it could only hold 8.

I had to sell off 42, THEN switch to the Viper IV and THEN install more cargo holds, and as the base does not stock Energy Grid Assembly items lost them all, limiting the amount of chanced I had for a good upgrade.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I'm currently in our Mukhang system on a simple delivery to a base and this happened:

I'm assuming it's because I'm Wanted by the controlling faction. I've had plenty of bounties on my head in the past but I thought that just meant i get bounty hunters after me, not attacked when coming in to land at a base. This is great! It does pose a slight problem for me though if I can't land at bases in my own system to finish missions.

• Upvote 1

I'm never going to voluntarily get myself killed, never, y'hear! I wanna see just how bad shit can get. I might start taking the fight to them, attacking anyone linked to the two factions who want me dead. 

Good tip about using Silent Running though, cheers. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Karzee said:

I'm never going to voluntarily get myself killed, never, y'hear! I wanna see just how bad shit can get. I might start taking the fight to them, attacking anyone linked to the two factions who want me dead. 

Good tip about using Silent Running though, cheers. 

Just don't take out any RLL Mukhang Ships, only Emporer's Grace, There'll be a full pardon when we take this system, promise.... or we could arrange an organised killing to claim your bounty and clear your good name.... or play hunt the Sidewinder...or something... :)

So I've been banging out trade missions all weekend for the Symposium and am now Allied with them. Checked our status this evening and our influence has increased to joint top - 43% - Elections are now pending between us and Empire Grace.

That's exciting! How long does it take to decide an election?

Okay sounds like the run up to elections is 2 days, the elections themselves run for 3-5 days, and then there's a 2 day period post election. 

The main thing I've read about election time is that combat missions DO NOT count towards influence at that time. So I'm guessing we need to raise our influence above that of the Emporer's Grace by trading, passenger missions, mining, exploration etc... until the election period is up. 

Robotics and other technology seems to be in short supply, I'll probably stick with the passenger missions, whenever I do those it says that civil unrest has been decreased with the Symposium so imagine it will help the influence during an election.

Good description of states and faction influence here:

http://elitediplomats.com/?q=content/working-background-simulation-guide-turlorn

1 hour ago, Danster said:

Okay sounds like the run up to elections is 2 days, the elections themselves run for 3-5 days, and then there's a 2 day period post election. 

The main thing I've read about election time is that combat missions DO NOT count towards influence at that time. So I'm guessing we need to raise our influence above that of the Emporer's Grace by trading, passenger missions, mining, exploration etc... until the election period is up. 

Robotics and other technology seems to be in short supply, I'll probably stick with the passenger missions, whenever I do those it says that civil unrest has been decreased with the Symposium so imagine it will help the influence during an election.

Good description of states and faction influence here:

http://elitediplomats.com/?q=content/working-background-simulation-guide-turlorn

Is there a high tec system near Mukhang?  Had a couple of low level missions to get tech but could find nowhere near that would have them?

Did one "quick" 31 jump trip to deliver data last night.  Completely uneventful aside from the last 10 seconds coming into the base, when I got interdicted. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, davidcotton said:

Is there a high tec system near Mukhang?  Had a couple of low level missions to get tech but could find nowhere near that would have them?

Did one "quick" 31 jump trip to deliver data last night.  Completely uneventful aside from the last 10 seconds coming into the base, when I got interdicted. 

There is a system about 40lys away that sells robots...  this one:

https://eddb.io/system/16665

I've been there a couple of times to get robots.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, davidcotton said:

I love it when you have a Pirate chasing you from system to system "The rumours were right..." "I'm surprised you made it this far..." etc etc only to be interdicted and find they're in some crappy Asp Scout that my Python lights up in about 5 seconds flat.

• Upvote 2

Was out delivering goods the other night (so far I haven't been able to work out how to fire packages at the side of a station before leaving a "we missed you" card which is how most couriers round my way operate), when I was interdicted by a member of the Emperor's Grace.

Sometimes, when hauling goods for someone, I'll pull a Firefly and rabbit at the first sign of trouble. Not this time. Not for this Emperor's Grace chump.

My Asp wasn't really fit for combat, but I pounded his vulture into dust. The cops turned up and scanned me, they didn't mention the guy I'd just savagely killed or the debris cloud I was sitting in, but I could tell there was an implied "good job" in their "carry on, Commander."

Fuck you, Emperor's Grace. You're finished in this town.

• Upvote 4

I notice my ED client still says Elite Dangerous: Horizons. Shouldn't it say Guardians? It did a big update on steam the other day and I'm an alpha backer.

Is there a limit to how many systems a faction can spread to?

There must be, because if a small group can take over Mukhang as quickly as it looks like we're going to, then larger, more organised groups should have taken significantly large areas of the bubble by now.

Do we have (or can we list) a roster of those Commanders that are actively basing their operations around (and for) the Symposium?

That might give us an idea of how large we can spread. The link @Danster provided earlier stated that a system with 1.5m population could be influenced by just one commander. Mukhang has (I think) ~17m population.

Do we get to choose what system we get to expand into next?it'd be nice to cherry pick  or head towards a nice system, cos Mukhang is a bit of a hole.