Sign in to follow this  
spork

Guild Wars 2 - The Order of Muk guild stuff.

Guild Wars 2 started this weekend. We have a rllmuk guild called The Order of Muk and we are based mostly on the Desolation EU server. It was suggested we start a new thread to discuss guild specific things. Guild upgrades and what not. So here it is :)

Currently I am the self appointed guild leader as I was one of the first on and no one else had started one up. I'm happy to carry on in this position but I'm also more than happy to hand over the reigns to someone else if anyone is eager.

Current guild ranks aren't based on anything other than a need to give more people the permissions to invite others into the guild. So if you still need an invite get in touch with one of the following, their in game names are in the brackets.

Guild Leaders

Spork (spork.1096)

Top Cat (scruffy.3196)

Officers

Doctor Shark (Doctorshark.8214)

MotiVater (motivator.9812)

Devdas (devdas.4129)

Sie (Sie.4180)

I'm sure there were more officers appointed. Hopefully it's just not listing them due to a guild interface bug.

Guild Wars 2 RLLMUK users list. Add yourself!

Guild Wars 2 General RLLMUK discussion

I'll update this post with stuff about guild upgrades and other things later tonight.

• Upvote 1

So, when I log on I get a message saying there are known issues with my current nvidia drivers (301.42), which are the most up to date for my card and that they recommend I update to the 304.79 beta drivers. The thing is though my card is not listed as a supported product for those beta drivers. Best to just stick with what I have?

Probably just best to stick with what you have then. It's a very specific problem, and if you aren't noticing any major problems, just wait for a stable release for your card.

Hello Muk guild you lovely people!

Would it be within the boundaries to invite real life friends to the guild who are not on the forum?

Also... Spork, spell my bloody name right!! :quote::)

Spork, I'm Rale. Or rather was Rale as I just changed my display name.

It's now Sie.4180

Updated!

Hello Muk guild you lovely people!

Would it be within the boundaries to invite real life friends to the guild who are not on the forum?

Also... Spork, spell my bloody name right!! :quote::)

Name corrected! Non muk friends I don't have any issue with personally. I assume no one else will either?

Link the google spreadsheet in the first post

Updated!

Do we have a priority in mind for what upgrades we are going to get for the guild with the influence? :)

I went to see if I could deposit a couple of greens in the guild bank but we don't have one as we haven't built storage. (not that it's important, it just made me wonder if there is a "plan" as to what upgrades have priority, etc).

• Upvote 1

Yeah, how do we go about setting up a Guildbank?

I picked up a green greatsword with +healing on it (I assume using a nice salvage kit will separate that +healing from the sword so it can go on a more suitable weapon/staff) and wanted to stick it in as I have no need for it.

We need to research architecture to rank 1(I think) then the Guild Bank becomes available. I tried to queue it up earlier but it wouldn't let me (should do as co-leader) which I assume is down to all the guild related bugs floating around.

Related to that, if anyone is not representing the guild - you have a little line through your green pip and it tells you you're not representing - then do so! The wonders you achieve in Tyria will count towards guild progress which means we get shiny toys to play with quicker :)

*edit* A GB is necessary now more than ever, due to ANet halting mail permissions until the account authentication system is implemented, as It's the only way to get crafting materials to those that need.

Guild bank needs architecture to level 2 which will be started once the workshop is sorted which will let us run 2 upgrades at a time.

I personally think get the guild infrastructure (bank and possibly guild armor things?) out of the way and the focus on other stuff.

I can't represent the guild - clicking the button has no effect. Is there a level requirement or something?

Nope.

It has been a bit bugged for some. If you want to send me a whisper in game I can kick you and reinvite you which may (or may not) fix it.

Was able to transfer to Desolution finally.

My characters: Thirnova, Arle Marie.

If someones online to invite me to the guild, please do. :)

Was able to transfer to Desolution finally.

My characters: Thirnova, Arle Marie.

If someones online to invite me to the guild, please do. :)

Invite sent!

Around midnight on Saturday we can start work on the guild bank upgrade. We'll have it ready by around midnight on Monday :lol:

I was just looking at these upgrades tonight, I don't know if it is worth the influence or not, but you can decrease the build time by 7% by paying more influence. Personally, I think we're better saving it for something totally new rather than getting something quicker but if the ingame mail keeps borking it might be worthwhile. :unsure:

Yeah we paid the extra to finish the architecture research so the bank is currently scheduled to be ready at about 9pm on Monday evening. 2500 influence will knock off another 12 hours so we could feasibly have it on Monday morning.

Tomorrow we will have the ability to put the guild logo on our armor. This means we need to sort out a proper guild log. Yay!

Annoyingly it's just a case of picking from a set of ready made and mostly boring images. We get to choose 2 colours too. Plus a background too. Here is a gallery of the logos. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_guild_emblems

So any suggestions on what to choose? We currently have this

120px-Guild_emblem_152.png

In pink!

I've also made it possible for anyone in guild to play around with the logo in game if you want to look at the different colour options etc. Just head to a main city and find the guild registrar.

Post screens here and we can choose one?

I believe the original MUK Guild Wars guild used the crossed sword and key, with a heart for background. Or something like that. Ask SuzakuSeven if he's still around; he started it.

C'mon! There are at least three emblems we could use to give us a Cthulu theme!

Keys? Swords? (I'll give you waving beavers) Hearts?! We need star eating Elder Gods from the deepest reaches of space, yo!

Maybe it's just me, and I'm happy to go with the majority if I am alone on this, but I don't want to be running round with a daft logo on my stuff. So it's a no from me for pink hearts and beavers and silly things like that.

I used to be an officer, but the guild chat/system was being a spastic so I had to leave and get re-invited, thus losing my officer status.

I think the guild logo Asura mentioned from GW1 sounds like a good choice, if its available.