F1 season 5 IS OVER!

Meers

Dilemma  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Into the 43's at last! There was a could of corners I was talking too slow. More to come too!

Wheel, brakes, game and me are all clicking.

Warheads are very nice too :-) I'd have liked more of a surround style effect from the game but what's there certainly isn't bad.

I know! :D

I'm really up on this - simply so thankful that I've been able to get in there from the start and it's going to be fantastic just being able to take part from the beginning and share it all with everyone. So, so happy about that.

I shall see you on theee track, Meester Meers! Bwah ha haaaaa!

ShopTo always come through for me. Got F1 2010 on the Wednesday before release, got F1 2011 on Thursday... hopefully the same this year!

Reading a few first impressions over at Race Department. Seems the engine blowing on downshift thing isn't going down too well with some!

We'll be machine gunning in multiplayer anyway I think Meers - no engine blows online so no reason not to!

Watched some multiplayer races on a live stream last night and they were crashing through the gears. Not that I mind - that's kind of how it's supposed to be to a degree.

Reading a few first impressions over at Race Department. Seems the engine blowing on downshift thing isn't going down too well with some!

Interesting... :twisted:

A developing worry (worry, worry - I'm at it again, Meers! :lol: ) I've had this week relates to how Codemasters respond to reactions. For want of a better word, I've this small 'fear' that good new features - areas that bring more to the game or add challenge in good ways - might be wiped out because of the number and volume of the dissenting voices (stats and loudness aren't always the best guide!). I've witnessed for years that the self-proclaimed 'hardcore' have strange expectations and scream for things that actually detract from the 'realism' they so desire (for many a game, see: "The car should be difficult to drive..."). I know the team are smart and have their aims, but I also understand that game production is about far more than the technical side and so I have that little uncertainty.

We're going to have fun regardless and it's going to be an uplifting and memorable moment for me when the package arrives and - eep! - thoughts of the new season begin to build. Tremendous! :)

We'll be machine gunning in multiplayer anyway I think Meers - no engine blows online so no reason not to!

Watched some multiplayer races on a live stream last night and they were crashing through the gears. Not that I mind - that's kind of how it's supposed to be to a degree.

Hmm, thats a bit shit. If they are going to introduce blown engines offline then it should also transfer online as well, otherwise you are looking at two different approaches depending which mode you are in.

As seen from the video of the 1.40 time at Abu, gunning down the gears is still quicker. :hmm:

I can handle having to change style for 2012, but I want that style to apply across the game.

Is that a fact about off-line and on-line differences?

Though it wouldn't alter how I drive (progressing rather than ramming through the gears is what's natural and adds immersion for me), it was one of the new qualities that had built my anticipation thanks to potentially bringing more uncertainty and a new aspect to our races. Just as new braking distances, tyre lifespan or grip changes might, I saw it as a possible leveller and an addition that might increase competition within our group.

It's a BIG shame if true and I only hope that the majority of the other changes carry over to the on-line game.

Marmite, I thought that one-shot quali was a 'must' really when full-distance races were proposed yesterday. The good stuff's in the racing, so anything to concentrate on that and make the long sessions feasible is a positive.

On the matter of 100%ers, would 8:30 be okay for our mainland friends? Not so important at the weekends, perhaps?

Yeah, I think that's proper shit as well. I hate machine-gunning the gears, they should have left that in the online mode.

Huh?! Can't believe it's any different across the modes? Why would they do that, it would be extra work and doesn't make sense.

Anyway, in other news.

I :omg:T :omg:' :omg:S T :omg:O :omg:M :omg:O :omg:R :omg:R :omg:O :omg:W :omg:! :omg:! :omg:

Jean-Luc-Picard-Full-of-win.jpg

!