rllmuk
roskelld

Oculus Rift (VR Headset)

I like the idea of that, but that looks terrible for sickness. 

I really wanted to like that pilotwings-like game but I just couldn’t take the rolling. 

@Rumspringa thank you very much for gorn - much appreciated :)

Being in lockdown my young son has been playing a lot of minecraft on the xbox - which means ive been out a small fortune on minecraft world packs etc...   

I also have minecraft on oculus - fired it up last night and all the level packs were also available for me to download.  so i fired up the toy story one - i keep forgetting how amazing minecraft is in VR - so much that i find it hard to play the normal version now.   I spent an hour running arround and exploring the open world  toy story map, the detail is amazing etc...  (eveything is in size to the toys so rooms etc are massive)

def get minecraft vr on oculus if your bored and looking something to do 

• Upvote 2

I'm assuming no-one is taking Space Pirate Trainer because you all have it?

I'm pretty sure Dudley already has it, he may even believe that he is the robot but he's not. I Am The Robot

I very much have it.  The only excuse for not grabbing that copy off Rumspringa is that you already have it.

Or don't have VR, natch.

played lies beneath last night - and impressed with it so far.  Its done like your in one of those old style american horror comics - ala creepshow witha hint of strangely resident evil 4.  looks beautiful as the art is done in the comic book style

Ok no excuse for peeps now steam have alien isolation on sale today  for £1.50 or £8 for the game and all dlc - do you’re self a favour and get one of the best non official games in vr - via the mothervr mod 

• Upvote 1

Project Cars 2 is VR compatible and is on sale via Steam for £8.99. 

• Upvote 2

project star dust has just had a major update - its a free fan made x-wing simulator of  the battle of yavin - and looks amazing the update has addede hotas suport which after 30 mins of play on it there adds to the imersion - i feel like i finally got to live out my child hood of dream of acrtually flying an x-wing fighter :)

Download here:

http://saltyhash.org/2019/12/13/project-stardust-update/

• Upvote 1

Your link's to one from December, but I did hear there was a new update due any time now. 

1 hour ago, milko said:

Your link's to one from December, but I did hear there was a new update due any time now. 

The link is grand version 8 is latest version as of yesterday (think he just changed the download version rather than update the Blog with a new post  date and time etc.) - he linked  this directly on his Twitter  with version 8 being the latest one 

1B3DE36B-D825-4980-9B10-6AF610FC008A.png

• Upvote 2

just heard that with all this news that microprose is back that one of the games they are working on is remake of b17 fyling fortress  in VR! and that it will be co-op playable!

• Upvote 2

Any hidden VR fitness gems out there? I’ve Beat Sabre, Pistol Whip, Thrill of the Fight, BoxVR, Superhot etc. Looking for something else to add to the list.

These work up a sweat for me.  Both wave shooters:

Space pirate trainer

Holopoint

• Upvote 2

On 06/05/2020 at 21:00, papalazarou said:

just heard that with all this news that microprose is back that one of the games they are working on is remake of b17 fyling fortress  in VR! and that it will be co-op playable!

And to be fair, this is an "Actually back" of sorts, it's not like Commodore where it's "someone bought a name", apparently Wild Bill's involved.

• Upvote 1

I quite enjoy Dance Central vr.  Even though I can't dance.  It does work up a sweat too.

They have recently added a fitness tracker.

My wife finds my attempts at dancing hilarious so it's good for a laugh too.

since its got the VR update i have not been able to play No Mans Sky in VR - performance was always so bad - screen tearing slow down etc...  that was until i came accross this post on reddit earlier - installed the performance improving mods he mentions and i can now after nearly a year play the game - the very odd stuttering now when going really fast over a planet in a gound vehicle - but i can finally play it now without wanting throw my rift accross the room!

• Upvote 1

Had a chance to give the dev build of low-fi a go earlier.   While there is no story mode in it as yet and it’s more Just  an explore the city thing - what I did see was very impressive. Walking about the city areas on foot in VR is just like being in the blade runner movies - bright neon signs over shops, holo vid screens towering above you.

Then you get to pilot the spinner (can’t remember what the game calls it’s spinners) and it feels like a very polished version of Air-car, which isn’t a bad thing.  Can’t wait till the full release comes out as this could be something special.

Played the first part of phantom covert ops earlier aka  metal gear in a canoe.  It’s been fun so far and I like the controls (I’ve read others haven’t) it’s more Arcady that realistic but in fine with that. 

There are some downs though from what I’ve read it’s not long about 4-6 hours and become very samey when you reach the half way mark.  Plus £30 price tag is a bit steep if the game is that short

in other news steam summer sale has started and there are loads of Vr games on sale.  Skyrim vr is down to £11.99.  Pavlov/contractors are also  sale

• Upvote 1