Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013

I have had the worst couple of weeks, but I'm still clinging on to that top spot like a dying Limpet. Last week, neither my Captain or Vice Captain played, this week, I would have got 20 points if it wasn't for Santi Claus.

And according to the table I'm looking at, you're 5th ;).

Yeah, I forgot about the Arsenal game yesterday. Fantasy League is such a fickle mistress :(

It's mightily close this year. Nobody's really pushed on in the top 5,000 which is normally what it takes to win but plenty of time left. I've snuck up into the silver medal position but pretty much anyone still taking it seriously could come out on top come May.

I didn't even qualify for the cup! Had my worst gameweek of the season (28 points) last week and didn't get in! This lead to my realising that most of my team were out of form (or favour), injured or suspended, that I was left without any trustworthy candidates for the captaincy (bar perhaps MIchu), and any dawdling was liable to leave me out of touch at the top in just about every league I'm in, so I played my Wildcard...

This was not well-received by one of my mates. He'd finally gotten just above me in the league we're both in (for the first time all season), and tried to spend the entirety of a meal we were both at on Friday giving me grief about the timing (seeing as there's a freebie Wildcard in January (though he's already used his anyway...)) and decrying some of my choices. He gave me the biggest ear-bashing over Snodgrass and Pienaar, and spent the rest of the time going on about the battering Manchester City would be giving Reading, and how not having a City captain would be where he did me again this week. It was out of my hands anyway now apparently, and (despite the mere eight point gap) second was now the best I could hope for.

I got 40 more points than him this week, and Pienaar and Snodgrass combined for 23 themselves. Apparently his face was a picture when Snodgrass scored, and then again when he saw Pienaar's goal...

Back up to 4th in the Rllmuk league, too, after dropping like a stone in the last few weeks, and a lot happier with my team again now. If I get a bit of luck with injuries/suspensions I shouldn't have to play that second wildcard until the last minute now... I hope...

I got screwed over by the ridiculous Chelsea result and the fact that seemingly half the people in the leagues I'm in bizarrely decided to play begovic away to spurs. Still managed to hang onto 2nd in rllmuk but my team looks horrible next week thanks to the bloody tube strike. Bastards!

Balls. Thought I'd try something different this week to see if I could sneak an advantage (had Michu as captain instead of Van Persie) and got burned. Big week for Lemmiwinks United! I love listening to the radio on a match day and hear a succession of my players banging in goals. I could do with that happening on Saturday.

I put Walcott as vice captain instead of captain, at 1-0 to United at 50 minutes I was counting on my captain Van Persie not coming on, he did and scored at least but I think Walcott's 26 points (expected bonus points included) for 3 goals and 2 assists is the most one player has got this season.

arghhhhhhghnnnnghhh

Truly horrendous week vaguely saved by suarez's brace but when you've got cuellar coming off the bench you know it's not been a good one. Result was the dreaded red arrow but somehow fluked it through the cup equalling my best ever run. Only a mere 18 rounds to go and I'll be crowned champion!

Took out Bale and Suarez, put in Torres, Hazard, put Torres as captain instead of Van Persie. Torres scored a hat trick against QPR in this fixture last season, Chelsea scored something like 6 goals. QPR were hopeless against Liverpool whilst at home only a few days ago, they also should be knackered, right...Chelsea need a win to stay in hunt of title. QPR have not beaten Chelsea away since 1983. QPR win 1-0.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone understand the bonus point allocation?

I see Van Persie received 3 more today, yet I thought, goal aside, he was pretty anonymous. Dembele, who barely put a foot wrong for Spurs and for me was easily the standout player, got nothing.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the blurb...

The three best performing players in each match according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index will receive additional bonus points. 3 points will be awarded to the highest scoring player, 2 to the second best and 1 to the third.

Jimmy fucking Kebe, sat on my bench scoring all those lovely points while Lukaku gets hauled off after 51 minutes because Popov decides to have a one man spitting competition.

And Fellaini has been awesome for me this season, so obviously I picked someone else as captain.

In the league I'm in with my mates I'm top (and have either been in the top 3 all season long) but I feel my time is coming to an end. My closest rival has consistently been making up points the last few weeks and closed the gap to about 18 points I think. Are teams are relatively the same at this point but this week he's got 5 double GW players (B.Davies, Michu, Stirling, Suarez and Sturridge) whereas I've got just the 3 (Davies, Michu and Suarez).

I'm a Liverpool fan so am rather torn as to what I want to happen. Obviously I'd rather see Liverpool do well in the league than myself do well in the FL. But I still hope Stirling and Sturridge either don't play or do and just don't get many points.

The only plus point is next week he's either got to take a lot of transfer hits or have 5 key players missing from his team...

I don't know, reckon Sturridge could make an appearance on Monday night and play in the Swansea game. And if Sturridge is out that'd probably mean Stirling making his way back into the team.

I was tempted to swap Mata out for Gerrard but talked myself out of it.

Fortunately Puncheon and Dzeko got me some points today so I currently have about a 12 point lead on my rival this gameweek.