rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Did you know that the shortcut to unhide your hidden games from the "available" list is now L3 + X (used to be RB + X but the UI changing to use LB & RB to flip between "installed" and "available" broke it)? I did not, but this makes me happy. 

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

Does anyone know of some place selling official controllers for cheaper than the usual £45-50?

I got mine for about 37 pounds from amazon france the other month with a gears of war code thrown in. Worth keeping an eye on HotUKDeals for similar. 

• Upvote 1

Thinking of getting rid of my PS4 for an xbone and gamepass. 

I remember when they launched the console and they showed off multitasking, is it possible to play an app like Sky or Netflix whilst playing a game? With picture in picture?

11 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Thinking of getting rid of my PS4 for an xbone and gamepass. 

I remember when they launched the console and they showed off multitasking, is it possible to play an app like Sky or Netflix whilst playing a game? With picture in picture?

They used to have a side tab but I think it was for certain apps only remember using Skype on it. They have since removed that though.

Not sure you can watch stuff PIP at the same time however you can definitely  stream music etc. 

GamePass is a great service though... Just make sure you don't want to play through any Sony exclusives this year before getting rid! :D  Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Last Of Us 2 are all on their way.... 

As much as love the Xbox hate the UI on the One... it still feels like a mess at times. Still its much better than it was at launch! :D  The 360's was bliss in comparison IMHO. Just preference though in the end. 

Possibly the wrong place but sod it.

With Microsoft moving to a chromium based browser going forward what are the chances that they'll add some form of Chromecast functionality to the Xboxone? 

2 hours ago, bear said:

With Microsoft moving to a chromium based browser going forward what are the chances that they'll add some form of Chromecast functionality to the Xboxone? 

There's already a Wireless Display app to stream from mobiles or PCs, but I highly doubt that we'll ever see Chromecast itself on there, or any Google apps for that matter apart from YouTube. You can however cast some mobile apps to the equivalent apps on the console, like YouTube and Netflix.

2 hours ago, bear said:

Doubt it because MS and Google... :) Stadia is in the wings too so even less chance!

Don't most TVs have Chromecast built in these days (to some capacity)? Also well a Chromecast itself can be had cheaply these days anyway....

They are 'supposedly' still working on adding Google Assistant functionality so I guess it's feasable if there's any truth on them actually giving the userbase more than Alexa control.

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

There's already a Wireless Display app to stream from mobiles or PCs, but I highly doubt that we'll ever see Chromecast itself on there, or any Google apps for that matter.

Do Google need to make a Chromecast app or can Microsoft just add that functionality to the Xboxone? There's already apps on the Xbox App store that claim to add Chromecast and Airplay support to the console but I've not used them. 

9 hours ago, MattyP said:

They used to have a side tab but I think it was for certain apps only remember using Skype on it. They have since removed that though.

Not sure you can watch stuff PIP at the same time however you can definitely  stream music etc. 

GamePass is a great service though... Just make sure you don't want to play through any Sony exclusives this year before getting rid! :D  Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Last Of Us 2 are all on their way.... 

As much as love the Xbox hate the UI on the One... it still feels like a mess at times. Still its much better than it was at launch! :D  The 360's was bliss in comparison IMHO. Just preference though in the end. 

Thanks for the thorough reply!

I'm not too fussed about playing many PS4 exclusives, but I think I'll not bother with the hassle of switching consoles for now. I have a perfectly fine Xbox 360 tbh.

I'm really impressed with Microsoft's willingness to enable backwards compatibility though, if they keep this up they've got me back next gen for sure!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jackson said:

Thanks for the thorough reply!

I'm not too fussed about playing many PS4 exclusives, but I think I'll not bother with the hassle of switching consoles for now. I have a perfectly fine Xbox 360 tbh.

I'm really impressed with Microsoft's willingness to enable backwards compatibility though, if they keep this up they've got me back next gen for sure!

Indeed they have made up a lot of ground this gen! I like the fact they are also supporting the PC too so covering all angles. I expect we'll see the XBox platform move onto mobiles too at some point - obviously not the AAA blockbusters but designed for mobile games - see the recent announcement regarding Forza.

GamePass is definitely a game changer though for sure as was BC.

There are plenty of exclusives on the Xbox to make it worth buying as a second console... so maybe get one with GamePass (if funds allow) and just give it a try of six months or so? They are pretty cheap pre-owned these days too if you don't mind that route.

Now this is pretty good, If you're an Xbox Insider (alpha programme) you can get an upgrade to Xbox Ultimate (Live Gold + Game Pass) for £1

What's so great about that?

The FAQ:

Note: Purchase of Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a 1 to 1 ratio each based on days remaining. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio.

All conversions to Ultimate are final. Once converted you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account at a time.

So basically if you have 12 months of Xbox Live, That £1 will give you 12 months of Game Pass. If you have 2 years worth of Live Gold on your account you get two years of Game Pass for £1. If you have 12 months of Game Pass you get 12 months XBL for the £1 etc.

I've currently got around 54,000 Microsoft rewards points which is enough for 2x 12 months of Xbox Live Gold (currently on discount) so I'm going to do this and see what happens, Will report back ;)

My current Xbox Live Gold runs out 18/08/2019

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Revival said:

All conversions to Ultimate are final. Once converted you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account at a time.

Does this mean that you can't buy just Gold down the line? 

I don't see why anyone would want to convert their subs back so I can't work out why they've said that? 

Redeemed the two x 12 month XBL MS rewards codes no problem...

ok then for £1 I've just got...

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold)

Recurrant billing on 19/09/2021

Next charge £1.00 on 19/09/2021

So 2 years and 1 month of Game Pass for £1, And will I really only be charged £1 per month come September 2021 for Game Pass and XBL?

Rediculous win.

• Upvote 6

Man, don't think I ever got anywhere near alpha before I sacked off the Insider thing due to the issues not being worth the hassle. Nice perk though! 

On 15/04/2019 at 19:36, bear said:

Do Google need to make a Chromecast app or can Microsoft just add that functionality to the Xboxone? There's already apps on the Xbox App store that claim to add Chromecast and Airplay support to the console but I've not used them. 

They just need to implement the protocol and you can cast to them.

I have cast to the xbox from the youtube app fairly regularly. 

Does anyone know why I'm finding it just about impossible to update my controller? The last time there was a controller update it was quick and painless. 

This time it either goes to a black screen, gets to the update screen and stays and 0%, or gets to the update screen and after a few seconds jumps to 100% but stays there. 

Come Monday I shall be an owner of an Xbox console for the first time in over five years, I have to admit I am kinda excited, especially after looking at all the awesome games I will be able to play because of Game Pass.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Keileg said:

Does anyone know why I'm finding it just about impossible to update my controller? The last time there was a controller update it was quick and painless. 

This time it either goes to a black screen, gets to the update screen and stays and 0%, or gets to the update screen and after a few seconds jumps to 100% but stays there. 

Are you doing it wireless or wired? You could try wired if you have been trying it wireless. Or if you are using Windows 10 you could try doing it via USB and the controller app on there?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SteveH said:

Are you doing it wireless or wired? You could try wired if you have been trying it wireless. Or if you are using Windows 10 you could try doing it via USB and the controller app on there?

Wired (it's an OG controller) - though admittedly it's just some generic USB cable.

I have Windows 10 so I'll try it that way - many thanks.

My Xbox One X arrived today but due to having to spend the day at my partners for Easter, I haven't been able to play with it yet.

These four hours are really going to drag like hell.

• Empathy 1

16 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

My Xbox One X arrived today but due to having to spend the day at my partners for Easter, I haven't been able to play with it yet.

These four hours are really going to drag like hell.

Should have bought a switch, then you could have taken it with you :P