mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Anyone else playing the Kalimba sneak peek beta? This is probably the most engaging puzzle/platformer I've played in years and it's got a near perfect risk/reward addictive quality where you actually want to nail each level perfectly.

I've done a some perfect gold runs on a few of the early levels so I'll try and upload them on my friends upload list tonight.

Very highly recommended when it comes out mid December.

I see that we have plummeted down to a trough in the wave of Xbone ownership in only a few weeks since hitting the peak of Forza / Sunset / Halo Back on track excitement. Its very similar in the PS4 thread.

Why so there have to be so many emotional highs and lows?

Why can people just relax and get along?

Yes, they've gone up to £55 though. The guy behind the counter says they go out as soon as they come in so it is best to check stock online.

Make sure you get D4 to go along with it. Fantasia is wonderful too if you're in to rhythm action games.

Nearly 12 years of Live, two Xbox's, three 360's and a Bone gets me... an unlock for air vehicles in BF4 and some marketing tat. By contrast a little over two years of PS Plus have yielded a large and very decent game library, as a service it's considerably broadened the types of games I'm interested in. MS need to do more to convince their users that they aren't exclusively interested in revenue streams and shoving marketing spiel down your throat at every opportunity.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

It was a bit daft of MS to trumpet free rewards/thanks you's that transpire to be just marketing tat (MS twitter backgrounds?!).

I got an avatar hat from a bag of Skittles! Granted I was hoping for an Xbox One, but you can't win them all. And the Skittles were nice ;)

• Upvote 2

It's a bit much comparing a paid for PS+ library with a daft giveaway for the 1 year anniversary of a console launch.

I was more comparing 12 years of live versus 2 years of PS Plus - in simple terms £480 has got MS to connect me to an almost exclusively peer-to-peer service whereas £80 spent with Sony has got me an absolute tonne of free games. As a general point, from their consoles UI to the microtransactions in their exclusive titles and mental policies which banned publishers from giving out free stuff you are left with the persistent feeling that MS will do everything in their power to extract as much money from you as is humanly possible. Sony have generated a bunch of goodwill by not doing that, by giving away games for free, by upgrading games for free, cross-buy and so forth. Microsoft need to do a bit more hearts and minds stuff if they're going to have any chance of reversing their position this gen and this 'one year giveaway' isn't that - it's mainly just insulting.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

It's a shame Sony are pissing it all away with a mediocre online system, AAA titles that don't work (Driveclub), delayed releases all over the 1st year and an OS that still doesn't feature things announced at launch.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Nearly 12 years of Live, two Xbox's, three 360's and a Bone gets me... an unlock for air vehicles in BF4 and some marketing tat. By contrast a little over two years of PS Plus have yielded a large and very decent game library, as a service it's considerably broadened the types of games I'm interested in. MS need to do more to convince their users that they aren't exclusively interested in revenue streams and shoving marketing spiel down your throat at every opportunity.

... and yet you still have one and I honestly have no idea why as all you do is bemoan it constantly. Just sell it and do/play something else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's a shame Sony are pissing it all away with a mediocre online system, AAA titles that don't work (Driveclub), delayed releases all over the 1st year and an OS that still doesn't feature things announced at launch.

Oh Sony aren't perfect my any means. Driveclub has been a fuckup, there's been some delays and it would be nice to have suspend/resume working on PS4, online has been down sporadically but I'd say mediocre is a bit strong, it's overwhelmingly been up and very fast for me.

I was more comparing 12 years of live versus 2 years of PS Plus - in simple terms £480 has got MS to connect me to an almost exclusively peer-to-peer service whereas £80 spent with Sony has got me an absolute tonne of free games. As a general point, from their consoles UI to the microtransactions in their exclusive titles and mental policies which banned publishers from giving out free stuff you are left with the persistent feeling that MS will do everything in their power to extract as much money from you as is humanly possible. Sony have generated a bunch of goodwill by not doing that, by giving away games for free, by upgrading games for free, cross-buy and so forth. Microsoft need to do a bit more hearts and minds stuff if they're going to have any chance of reversing their position this gen and this 'one year giveaway' isn't that - it's mainly just insulting.

None of those free games was as good as Halo 2 or 3 on XBox Live, so your point is moot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

... and yet you still have one and I honestly have no idea why as all you do is bemoan it constantly. Just sell it and do/play something else.

That's the second time in quick succession I've seen you post this kind of inane dross - 'Anyone who's critical of Microsoft has to sell their console and just shut-up'. If it's ok with you I'll keep my Bone and continue to post as to how I feel it measures up to the other consoles I own.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

None of those free games was as good as Halo 2 or 3 on XBox Live, so your point is moot.

That's an eccentric point to argue from. I'd argue Far Cry 3 was a much better single player game than Halo 2 so, er, there.

Yeah because Halo MCC works amazingly. Oh wait..... I don't think releasing games that don't work is unique to Sony.

• Upvote 3

That's an eccentric point to argue from. I'd argue Far Cry 3 was a much better single player game than Halo 2 so, er, there.

My point is that Sony could give you every game that will ever be released on the Playstation 4 in its lifetime for free, but having paid for XBox Live means you got to play Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer on the XBox 360, which is a better online experience than you will ever get on the PS4.

So your point was moot.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Oh, ZOK! Halo's 2&3 were brilliant fun but have been superseded, at least for me, by MW and BF. Quite how Halo2 was a 'better online experience' than anything you'll get now or in the future(?) is something I'll not grasp without resorting to opiates and frankly it's a little too early in the day. But not by much.

• Upvote 1

Not that much different than from MS then.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2