mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

This is a good idea, after all it's the same as pre-loading but without the unlock key. I wonder if they think it is worth the effort though? Have you made the suggestion on the preview dash forum?

No. I only thought of it today and I'm not on that forum. Feel free to post it there though.

Just as an aside, I know this isn't an One exclusive, it's just that this is where the discussion seemed to be happening.

And finally, isn't all the pre E3 excitement going on in the relevant conference thread to keep this one free of that talk?

Xbox One allows you to play the game before it's fully installed.

I know, I didn't mean to imply otherwise, but from my limited experience I get the impression way more needs to be installed on Xbox One before you can start playing. Broadly speaking there isn't much different in the way games are installed on the two systems (from an end users point of view) other than the time it takes, so I'm not sure why anyone would say they prefer the way Xbox does it.

Anyway, I think that's enough installation talk.

Pfff that update came out ages ago Yoshi, even I posted about it this morning as i was downloading it and I'm some sort of old man when it comes to game news.

I tried :(

• Upvote 1

Is there a timeframe for Windows 10 on Xbone? All I've read is that it's coming after the PC version, but you'd think that they're prepping for a surprise in their conference going by that update.

Xbox One allows you to play the game before it's fully installed.

I don't think many of you guys can have played a PS4, its disc installs are pure alchemy. You are playing in a minute or so. It's obviously playing from the disc, because where in the blue hells else would it be playing from?

Unfortunately any breakthroughs here are wiped out by the patch install, which doesn't do anything special. Disc games will have pseudo-installed and be playable before any patches have even downloaded, which mean you have to to quit and restart to pick them up.

Use Instant On mode instead.

Problem solved.

My downloads come down really fast. I've not had these issues.

It might just be massive patches and a shit connection that I've not previously noticed (as I rarely download anything bigger than an album of MP3s), but a bit of fag packet maths indicates Xbone updates are coming through at a far slower speed than I'm getting on the PC or iPhone through the same wifi/broadband connection.

It might just be massive patches and a shit connection that I've not previously noticed (as I rarely download anything bigger than an album of MP3s), but a bit of fat packet maths indicates Xbone updates are coming through at a far slower speed than I'm getting on the PC or iPhone through the same wifi/broadband connection.

There's a screen that shows detailed network statistics (in settings->network) including speed and NAT status is in there as well.

Go wired if you can as well and make sure your NAT is open depending who you're with you might need some port forwarding but it's a lot better now after a few dash updates. My wireless used to always be moderate but is open all the time now with no mucking around.

Any chance of a preview programme invite?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could send me an invite. Gamertag is mlewis, if anyone could do!

I wonder how it will work. If it's another software update later today or via an app. I'm already in the beta and had an is update last night.

Just tried mass effect, no dice yet.

can't seem to access the preview program app atm, keep getting an error message, i assume it's getting hammered right now.

backwards compatability said it'll be available "later today" i think.

will send out preview program invites to everyone when i can!

Best news on the Rare collection was Blast Corps, been wanting to play through it again fo rmany years, but compatability in emulators is always terrible for some reason and the N64 looks nasty on an LCD, so this is excellent news, and now with added achivement points :)

Those Platinum medals were always a nightmare to get, think I had 3 left when I originally owned it, see if I can't get 100% this time round though .

Wait, backwards compatibility? Where did that come from?

How does one get into this preview program?

Apparently, posting you gamertag might garner you an invite. eg:

EatingSeanR